28: They Said First Love Never Works Out

Love, 18 Again

Baekhyun unplugged his flashdisk from the laptop. He take the flashdisk. Then, he's looking at it.


"You can help a lot of people. Please, make sure you're at the right person."


Baekhyun let out a sighs. He gets up from his seat and walking out from his room. His house seems very quiet since it's already 10 AM in the morning, Hee-kyung is at school, his mother went to spa, his father working, and Sungyeon probably at the college. Since he wake up late, he skipped the morning class and it's still 2 hours again to the afternoon class. Baekhyun chuckled as he walking down the stairs.



"This is the first time i'm all alone at this hour."



Baekhyun opened the door. He's looking at around him. It's his father's working room. Baekhyun slowly close the door.


"Annyeonghaseyo.. Appa.. I just want to looking around.." Baekhyun said as he wandering around his father's working room. There are a lot of thick books, documents, and even an old newspaper. It's more like a mini library. Baekhyun blinked his eyes.


"Where should i put this?" Baekhyun said as he slowly making his way to his father's table. It looks very clean and neat. Just then, something caught his eyes.


A photo of little him, Sungyeon, and Hee-kyung placed beside a vase. Baekhyun chuckled. He takes the photo and staring at it.


"Wow. I'm only 5 years old here." Baekhyun said as he's looking at mini him. Baekhyun smiles. He put back the photo beside the vase.


"I never know District Attorney Byun have our photo on his table." Baekhyun said as he laughs in disbelief. Just then, he got an idea. He takes the photo frame again, and put the flashdisk behind it. Then, he put it back. Baekhyun staring at the photo frame.



"Please help us."



Baekhyun walking out from the room. Sungyeon turns her head as she's at the living room, watching TV. Both of them looking at each other. Soon, Sungyeon points the remote to Baekhyun.


"YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON APPA'S ROOM?!"


"Put my assignment so he can help me." Baekhyun said nonchalantly. He take a seat beside Sungyeon and takes the remote from her hands.


"You're not going to the college?" Baekhyun said as he turn the channel. Sungyeon chuckled in disbelief.


"Hey! I'm watching the TV now. Turn it back to KBS."


Baekhyun lazily turn the channel back. Soon, Won Bin appears on the screen. Sungyeon giggle happily as she hug the pillow.


"Aigoo~ Look how shining his eyes. Really. He doesn't change ever since Autumn in My Heart." Sungyeon said as she's staring at the TV. Baekhyun chuckled.



"Who's more handsome? Won Bin, or Choi Jae-hyuk?"



"YAH!" Sungyeon said as she smack Baekhyun's head. Baekhyun laughs. Then, he take a look at his sister.



"You still think about him?"



Sungyeon let out a sighs. She leans her back to the couch.



"Of course not. I delete his number and throw the things he gave. I didn't even hesitate when i did that."



Sungyeon take a look at Baekhyun, then, she smiles.




"When you hurt a girl and they turn their back on you, it means it's the end of your story with her. That's it."




Baekhyun blinked his eyes. Then, he take a look at Sungyeon.




"What if a girl still stay beside her man eventhough he already hurt her many times?"




Sungyeon chuckled. She cross her arms.




"That girl must be really love her man. You must not hurt a girl like that."




Baekhyun suddenly quiet. He lowering his head. Then, he smiles bitterly.



"I was so bad, then."



Sungyeon turns her head. "Huh?"


Baekhyun chuckled. He gets up from his seat and throw the pillow into Sungyeon's face. Sungyeon groans.


"YAAH!"


"Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, naega naega naega meonjeo nege nege nege bbajyeo bbajyeo bbajyeo beoryeo baby!" Baekhyun said as he sing Super Junior's Sorry Sorry. He quickly run to his room because he needs to get ready for his afternoon class. Sungyeon groans angrily at the couch.


"BYUN BAEKHYUN!!" 

 

Flashforward
May 6, 2019. Baekhyun's birthday.

Baekhyun looks hesitated. But then, he finally purchasing two movie tickets. Baekhyun smiles. It's been a while since he had a movie date with Yoo-jin.

Just then, a soft knock can be heard. Baekhyun quickly put his phone and turns his head.


"Come in."


Taeil, his assistant appears with documents on his hands. He bows politely to Baekhyun, then, put the documents on top of his table. Baekhyun turns his eyes.


"What's this?"


Taeil take a deep breath. He knows that sooner or later, Baekhyun would get mad about this. Taeil blinked his eyes.



"Dis.. District Attorney Choi ask you to be the one who finished this case as soon as possible."



Baekhyun's face changed as soon as he hear that name. He quickly checking the documents. There are 3 different cases and all of them near to due date. Baekhyun chuckled in disbelief.


"These case.. All of these case actually not finished yet?" Baekhyun said as he take a look at Taeil. Taeil just quiet.


"It's.. It's seems very impossible.. Right? Three cases with the same due dates."


Baekhyun just quiet. He clenched his fist tightly.


"Choi Jae-hyuk.. You bastard."


"What should we do.. Prosecutor Byun? We can't do it-

"We can."


Taeil blinked his eyes, confused. Baekhyun take a look at Taeil.


"Send our team the copy of these three cases. Tell them we're going to finish this in a week."


Taeil widen his eyes in shocked. "But Sir-


"We.. Can do it." Baekhyun said with a reassuring smile. Taeil looks very worried. He let out a sighs. Then, he nods.


"I'll send the copy to our team."


Baekhyun nods. He quickly gets up from his seat and get ready to hold a meeting. Taeil bows as he excuse himself. Just then, he stopped as his eyes find an untouchable lunch box. Taeil turns his head.



"S.. Sir.. I'm sorry but.. You haven't eat your lunch?"



Baekhyun turns his eyes. He's staring at the lunch box for a long time.


Then, he let out a sighs.


"Let's go." Baekhyun said as he walking out from his room. Taeil surprised. He quickly walk following Baekhyun, leaving the untouchable pink lunch box alone in the dark room. There'a a sticky note on top of it.


Today, 8 PM. Don't forget! Happy Birthday ♡ 

 

Flashforward end. Baekhyun keep staring at Yoo-jin, who's busy talking with Taeyong, Jongin, and So-yul. Sungyeon's words still lingering on his head.



"That girl must be really love her man. You must not hurt a girl like that."



Baekhyun just quiet. He's looking at Yoo-jin, who now laughs along with Jongin because of Taeyong's bad jokes.



"Somehow, i feel hesitated and scared to think about future. I really don't want to go back as that Baekhyun. I hate that Baekhyun. I hate the fact that i'm such a coward. I can't even protect my family and my fiancee. All i do is hurting them."



Baekhyun blinked his eyes. Then, he let out a sighs.



"I don't want to go back as that Baekhyun. God.. I don't want to hurt her anymore."



"Seems like you had a lot of thoughts in your mind?" Yoo-jin said as she place a cold peach soda into Baekhyun's forehead. Baekhyun chuckled. He take a look at her.


"You know me very well." Baekhyun said as he open the peach soda and drink it. Then, he let out a sighs as he's staring at a bunch of student who play basketball together.


"Something keep bothering me these days." Baekhyun said as he lowering his head. Yoo-jin take a seat beside. Both of them sitting underneath the tree, at their college's park. It's not their usual place to hang out but somehow, Yoo-jin can find him.


"You promised me to tell everything, remember?" Yoo-jin said as she take a look at Baekhyun. Baekhyun chuckled. He take a look at Yoo-jin, then, turns his eyes to a bunch of student who play basketball again.



"I'm scared of myself in the future. I'm scared to think i need to go back to that Baekhyun again."



Yoo-jin smiles. She take a sip into her peach soda.



"You know that i never changed eventhough you changed a lot.. Right?"



Baekhyun just quiet. He take a look at Yoo-jin.



"You hurt me multiple times. You make me cry thousand times. We're arguing, fighting, and avoiding each other almost every month. But we always ended up cuddling in the morning eventhough after that, we didn't say anything about our feelings. No one say sorry, no one trying to approach first. We always use So-yul as our mediator."



Baekhyun laughs. "Think about it again. We fought like a little kid. We're so childish."


"You're right." Yoo-jin said as she laughs. Then, she take a look at Baekhyun.



"But you know? I never once thinking to break up with you."



Baekhyun turns his head. He take a look at Yoo-jin.

Yoo-jin let out a breath. She caress Baekhyun's cheek.



"So don't worry about the future.. Even if you turns into that Baekhyun again, i'm not going to leave you."



Baekhyun just quiet. Yoo-jin smiles.



"I'll stay beside you, Byun Baekhyun. No matter what happen."



Baekhyun smiles. He take Yoo-jin into his embrace. He hug her tight.


"Promise me you won't leave me. Because i'm so scared of it."


Yoo-jin nods. She hug Baekhyun tight as she ruffles his hair.



"Even if you're that Byun Baekhyun again.. I'll stay beside you."



Baekhyun looks relieved. He leans his head into Yoo-jin's shoulder. Then, he smiles.



"Ah.. I really like your scents."



Yoo-jin smiles. She leans her head to Baekhyun's head. 

 

A pair of black old skool stopped not too far from where Baekhyun and Yoo-jin's spot. Taeyong just quiet as he's looking at Yoo-jin and Baekhyun.


Taeyong's eyes softened as he's looking at Yoo-jin, who smiles widely.



But not because of him.



Taeyong smiles bitterly. He let out a sighs as he turns his back. There's Yoo-jin's favorite snack inside the plastic bag on his right hand.



"They said.. First love never works out. And i wonder why."



Taeyong open his drawer. Then, he takes out a blue-colored box outside. Taeyong open the box.


There's a movie ticket, The Man from Nowhere that he watched with Yoo-jin. There's also some photos of them with the others when they're at the amusement park, beach, and when Yoo-jin won the swimming match. Taeyong takes the photo on the swimming match.


Then, he's staring at Baekhyun, who's holding Yoo-jin's shoulder.



"When you love someone, somehow, you're afraid to tell her. You're afraid she will find out about your feelings. You'll trying hard to not showing it to her, scared things would be awkward and different."



Taeyong let out a sighs. He takes the movie ticket. Just then, memory of him asking Yoo-jin to watch movie with him come into his mind.



"My heart beat really fast when she said yes after i asked her to go on a movie date. I can't sleep and even hardly choose the best clothes for 2 days. I brought a new cologne and put on my favorite watch, the one my mother brought for me as a birthday gift, and even cut my hair a bit eventhough she didn't realize it."



A smile formed on Taeyong's face. He sits on his bed.



"When you love someone.. You never know that seeing her smile is the best cure when you're at your worst. Her words become your favorite quotes, and her laugh become your favorite sound."



Taeyong chuckled. He lay his body to the bed as he's staring at the movie ticket.



"This is one of the places you want to visit in Korea."

"Do what makes you happy, then. You know what's the best for yourself."

"Thanks to you, i got a chance to see such a privilege beauty."




"But you like Lee Jung-jae.. His favorite actor." Taeyong said. There's a slight sorrow on his eyes.


"But i learned now. I know why first love never works out. You're scared and hesitate a lot. You're scared things won't worked out and that makes you separated from her. You hesitate a lot because you keep figuring out how to be the best for her, when the answer is just to be yourself."


Taeyong let out a sighs. Then, he smiles bitterly.


"Baekhyun never seems to be scared and hesitate. He's just being himself in front of her. And he doesn't scared to show her what he feels. He take the risk, something that i didn't dare to do."


Taeyong quietly put the photos and the movie ticket inside the box again. He thinks for a while.



"My first love doesn't works out because i'm too scared about everything and i hesitate a lot. She deserve someone who doesn't hesitate to love her."



Just then, Taeyong gets up from his position. He walks towards his wardrobe and he open it. Taeyong turns his eyes to the lowest part of his wardrobe, where he put his old things. Then, he put the box there. Taeyong smiles.



"Autumn, 2010. Today, i let go someone that i love. Good bye, my first love." 


 

 

 

 

 

 

AAAAA LEE TAEYONG T_________T////3 did anyone had any first love that doesn't work out? I had 🤪 Anyway, it's a double update! Enjoy the story!