27: That 0,001% of Chance

Love, 18 Again

Baekhyun looks blank as he rest his chin into his palm. His mind seems like wandering around somewhere.


He keep thinking about that traffic light. How can it was there again?


At first, he doesn't believe it. But he remember it clearly that it was the right position. Baekhyun even purposely drive his car to where the traffic light is but when he arrived..


But nothing's there.



"Boo!" Yoo-jin said as she put a slice of cake in front of him. Baekhyun finally wake up from his daydream. He take a look at Yoo-jin.


"Oh.. Oh.. What?"


"What?" Yoo-jin ask him back as she chuckled. Yoo-jin cut the cake and eat it.



"Something is bothering you. What's wrong?"



Baekhyun just quiet. He scratch the back of his neck as he laughs.


"Nothing. Just wondering why our faculty decided to open a cake shop on this festival and how on earth they got this cake?" Baekhyun said as he turns his head. All of his friends are busy serving the customer. Today is a special festival day in their college and each faculty need to make a tent, and you can choose freely what you want to do and somehow, their faculty ended up opening a cake shop. Thanks to good looking Taeyong who was forced to become the cashier, a lot of people lined for their tent.


Yoo-jin laughs. "Seong-woo's family run the biggest bakery in Seoul and Jongin's aunt owned a bakery. That's how we got a lot of delicious desserts." Yoo-jin said as she eat the cake. Then, she let out a breath.



"Gosh.. This is so delicious! I should learn how to make this."



Baekhyun smiles. But then, his mind drifted again to the traffic light.


"Am i the only one who can see that traffic light? Or it's only my imagination?" 

 

 

So-yul walk around as she's checking each faculty's tent one by one, looking for the most interesting one. But then, she let out a sighs as nothing attracts her.


"Geez! They only sell food or doing some talkshow! So boring!" So-yul said as she shakes her head. So-yul decided to going back to her friends when she hear a familiar voice.



"Aigoo~ Your blood pressure is too low! You need to drink a lot of water and eat more food that contains vitamin B-12!"



So-yul turns her head and soon, she finds Minseok, with his stethoscope clung on his neck, talking to a girl, probably a freshman as he measure her blood pressure. So-yul turns her eyes and found a long line in front of the Medical School's tent, most of them are girls.



"It's very cold today. Call the cab."

"Good night, Eun So-yul."




So-yul smiles. But somehow, her heart feels really heavy.


"Did he do that out of a pity? But the answer was likely yes."


So-yul staring at Minseok, who smiles warmly as he greet another girl who wants to measure her blood pressure. So-yul sighs.


"The more i saw him, the more i realize it's probably impossible for him to be mine. Like, the chance is only 0,001%. Besides, he has that pretty girl who always there and can give him everything. It looks like a dream."


So-yul eyes turns to Chae-young, who come to give Minseok a drink. The girls who waited on the line start to talk to each other, wondering who she is like how So-yul did.


"Or maybe.. It's only a dream?" 

 

 

"Yah! Where you at all the time?! I'm looking for you!" Yoo-jin said as she cling her hands into So-yul's arms. So-yul take a seat lazily.


"Of course.. The Medical School tent." So-yul said as she let out a sighs. She take a look at Yoo-jin.



"A lot of girls wants to be checked by him. Geez."



Yoo-jin chuckled. She take a look at So-yul.



"Why? Jealous? Want to line up too like the other girls?"



So-yul rolled her eyes. She cross her arms.



"Heol! I'm not going to do that!"




So-yul blinked her eyes. Minseok also staring at her as she's standing in front of her, as it's her turns to be checked. Minseok blinked his eyes.


"Take a seat.." Minseok said as he looks flustered. So-yul sits awkwardly at the chair in front of Minseok.


Jongin, Yoo-jin, and Baekhyun laughs as they're watching So-yul from the back. They're looking at her in disbelief.


"Her words mismatch her action." Jongin said as he shakes his head. Yoo-jin chuckled.


"No. Her heart mismatch her brain." Yoo-jin said as she cross her arms, staring at her friend who said that she's not going to line up like another girl 10 minutes ago. Baekhyun laughs.


"Look at her keep stealing a glance at him. Aigoo~ I wonder what's on her mind actually."




"Your hands." Minseok said as he take a look at So-yul. So-yul quickly roll her sleeves and put her right arm on top of the table. Soon, Minseok put the blood pressure monitor cuff on her upper arm.


"It's a bit tickle, hold on for a while." Minseok said as he turn on the monitor and soon, So-yul can feel the cuff tightened.


"120/80.. Normal." Minseok said as he remove the cuff from her upper arm.



"You just need to wear a thicker jacket or scarf since it's very cold nowadays."



So-yul turns her eyes. Minseok still writing the results on his notebook.



"Sunbae too.. You need to wear thicker jacket or scarf.."



Minseok turns her head. Then, he smiles.



"I don't feel cold easily. My friends said that i'm coming from North Pole because i can bear the cold air and extreme weather."



So-yul blinked her eyes. Minseok write something again on his notebook.



"Everything is normal.. Just don't forget to eat, don't forget to wear jacket, and eat a lot of warm and healthy food." Minseok said as he give a note to So-yul. Then, he smiles.



"Stay healthy, Eun So-yul." 

 

So-yul walking out from the tent happily. She cover as she's trying to hold her smile. So-yul take a look at the note on her hands.



Thank you for the juice. You need to eat something delicious too!



So-yul smiles widely as she's reading the note. Then, she hug the note happily.



"Gosh! So he actually knows i'm the one who brought it?"



So-yul shakes her head. People around her might think she's crazy but she doesn't care. So-yul cover her face as she feels shy but also happy at the same time.


Minseok also smiles. He can't believe he actually saying such a thing like that. He keep shaking his head as he's writing another person's health report on his notebook.





"So you're totally healthy?" Jongin said as he take a look at So-yul, who happily eats her panna cotta. So-yul nods shyly.


"Everything is normal.. Just don't forget to eat, don't forget to wear jacket, and eat a lot of warm and healthy food. AAAAAH I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!" So-yul said as she cover her face using her hands, feeling shy all of a sudden. Jongin, Yoo-jin, and Baekhyun chuckled in disbelief.


"You need a thorough check up. Something is wrong with your head." Jongin said as he take a bites on his cakes. So-yul glares at him.


"You're the one who need that, stupid!"


"What?!" Jongin said as he take a look at So-yul. Yoo-jin and Baekhyun laughs.


"Here we go again. Another battle of the foul-mouthed." Baekhyun said as he leans his back to the chair. Yoo-jin laughs. Just then, Yoo-jin turns her head.


"What?! We run out the panna cotta's sauce?!" Eun-jung, one of Yoo-jin's classmates said as she take a look at her other friends. Yoo-jin blinked her eyes.


"But i can't make it! And the only left is panna cotta! We can't sell anything!" Eun-jung said as she ruffles her hair in frustration.



"Aish! What should we do?!"


"I.. I can make it."



Eun-jung blinked her eyes. Yoo-jin gets up from her seat. Everyone looking at her. Eun-jung raised her eyebrows.



"You can make panna cotta's sauce?"



"Yes." Yoo-jin nods as she smiles. "What about strawberry sauce? I can make it."



Baekhyun turns his eyes. He take a look at Yoo-jin. 

Flashforward
March 5, 2018


"Panna cotta." Yoo-jin said as she shows Baekhyun a panna cotta with butterscotch sauce's recipe on her iPad. Baekhyun blinked his eyes.


"Butterscotch?"


Yoo-jin nods. She lean her body closer to Baekhyun as she shows him the recipe.


"It's pretty easy. And i already learned that several weeks ago! I want to cook this again so you can taste it, okay? Okay?" Yoo-jin said as she smiles, hope that Baekhyun will agree to her. Baekhyun blinked his eyes.


"What about strawberry? I want strawberry."

"Strawberry?!" Yoo-jin said as she surprised. Yoo-jin groans.


"But i don't know how to make it?!"


"Let's just buy it, then." Baekhyun said as he gets up from his seat. Yoo-jin surprised. She quickly hold Baekhyun's hands.


"No! Let's make it!"


"No. Let's buy it. Let's have one peaceful day without you breaking the plates." Baekhyun said as he walk out from the kitchen. Yoo-jin sighs. She quickly run to Baekhyun as she hold his hands.

"Baekhyun aaaaaah let's cook this, okaay? I swear i won't break anything!" Yoo-jin said as she cling into Baekhyun. Baekhyun just quiet as he takes the car key. Yoo-jin sighs. She quickly jump into his back, like a piggyback style. Baekhyun chuckled. But he just let her cling into him like that.


"Aaaaah Baekhyun let's cook this together, okaaay? Baekhyun ah!"


Flashforward end. Yoo-jin is now making the strawberry sauce, with everyone watching her, fascinated by her cooking skills.

"Stir it carefully. Make sure the fire is low." Yoo-jin said to Eun-jung, who's in charge to stir the sauce that almost ready now. Eun-jung nods.


"Woah. I never know that Yoo-jin is such a good cook." So-yul said as she's looking at Yoo-jin in awe. Jongin nods in agree.


"Yah! Look at that sauce! My aunt probably would learn to her how to make it!"


"How lucky you, Byun Baekhyun." Jongin said as he hold Baekhyun's shoulder. Baekhyun chuckled. Then, he smiles widely.



The strawberry sauce finally ready. Eun-jung pour the sauce on top of the panna cotta and she try it. Soon, her eyes widen in shocked. She take a look at Yoo-jin.


"Daebak. Yoon Yoo-jin. This is fantastic!"


Yoo-jin smiles sheepishly. Everyone quickly take the panna cotta and eat it with the strawberry sauce. Jongin and So-yul also eat that, too.


"DAEBAK!! YOON YOO-JIN, YOU SHOULD OPEN A RESTAURANT!" Jongin said as he eat. Yoo-jin laughs.


"Yah! How can i open a restaurant just because a strawberry sauce?!"


Everyone laughs. Their tent saved by Yoo-jin and start to re-opening again. Eun-jung looks more happy now as she quickly change the board into open.


Baekhyun take a look at Yoo-jin. She looks very happy as Eun-jung, So-yul, and Jongin keep praising her. 

 


"Yoo-jin ah."



Baekhyun just quietly staring at her. His mind full with a lot of thoughts.



"Even it seems impossible.. But.. What if.."



Yoo-jin turns her eyes and soon, her eyes meet with Baekhyun's eyes. Yoo-jin smiles. Baekhyun also smiles. He gives her two thumbs up.



"What if.. This is just a dream?"




Baekhyun parked his car in front of a building. He turns his head to the other side of the street as he close his car's door.


The traffic light. Baekhyun staring at the traffic light.



"But if this just a dream.. This feels too real."



Baekhyun walk crossing the road. His curiosity and his doubt bring him back to the traffic light. That traffic light, who brought him and Yoo-jin back to 2010. That traffic light, who helped him to changed and fix his relationship with Yoo-jin. That traffic light, that suddenly vanished in front of his eyes, now, it's back.


Baekhyun arrived in front of the traffic light. He's looking at around him, then, he turns his head to the traffic light.



"Can you answer me? Is this a dream, or not?"



Baekhyun just quiet. Thinking about the future.. Somehow makes him scared. He's scared of what's going to happen. Is it going to change? Or it's still the same?


Baekhyun lowering his head. His eyes looks teary. He turns his head, looking at the traffic light again.



"If it's just a dream.. Can.. Can i.."



Baekhyun gulped. He let out a breath as he clenched his fists, trying to hold his tears. Memories about his family, his friends, and Yoo-jin come into his mind. Baekhyun bit his lips.



"Can i wake up as this Baekhyun? Not that Baekhyun?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello everyoneee!! Baekhyun is scared to go back as his future self.. and Eun So-yul 😂 Really, she's really in love with him. Enjoy the story!