23: Perhaps Love

Love, 18 Again


"Part time job?!" Jongin and Yoo-jin said in union. So-yul nods happily.


"Yoo-jin and Baekhyun work part time too at that time! Taeyong also do volunteers, and Jongin sometimes help his father's business." So-yul said as she cross her arms. "I want to do something too!"


"Something is fishy." Jongin said as he shakes his head. Yoo-jin nods.


"Definitely. So tell me. Who's again this time?" Yoo-jin said as she move closer to So-yul. So-yul chuckled in disbelief.


"Hey, i'm not that kind of woman!"


"Yeah, you are." Yoo-jin, Jongin, Baekhyun, and Taeyong said in union. So-yul groans. She let out a sighs.


"Fine, fine! It's because Minseok ssi work there, too! Satisfied?!"


"WHAT?! HE WORKED THERE TOO??" Jongin said as he shocked. So-yul nods.

"But he already takes so much time and energy to study!" Jongin said as he cross his arms. Taeyong nods.

"He probably help his family's financial too." Taeyong said as he take a look at Jongin. Baekhyun nods.


"That must be. Why don't you tell your father about this?"


"Minseok Hyung doesn't like it. My father persuading him for just staying in our house but he doesn't want to and choose to live in college's dorm." Jongin said as he sighs. Baekhyun let out a sighs.


"At least i can be his friend and cheer on him, right?" So-yul said as she leans her back to the chair. Yoo-jin just quiet. She's staring at So-yul. 

Flashforward
December 25, 2017


"MINSEOK OPPA SAID HE CAN'T GO HOME TONIGHT, YOO-JIN AH! I'M SO MAD RIGHT NOW!" So-yul said as she cry. Yoo-jin let out a sighs as she takes her into her embrace. Both of them are in Yoo-jin's room as So-yul suddenly come.


"What did he say? Did he need to do some surgery again?"


"I don't know! I'm so angry!" So-yul said as she wipe her tears roughly. Then, she take a look at Yoo-jin.


"What about you? You don't have any plan today with Baekhyun?"


Yoo-jin blinked her eyes. "Well.. We.. Are going to have dinner..-


"SO I'M ALL ALONE IN THIS CHRISTMAS." So-yul cries again loudly as she hug a pillow. Yoo-jin sighs.


"Hey! I.. I'm sorry! I didn't mean that-


"YOO-JIN! YOO-JIN! LET'S WATCH A NEWS!" Yoo-jung said as he barge into Yoo-jin's room. Yoo-jin and So-yul take a look at him.


"Why?"


"Prime Minister Lee is currently hospitalized and going undergo a brain surgery! The whole country is in a mess right now!"

"What?!" Yoo-jin and So-yul said as they quickly get up from their position and following Yoo-jung to the living room, where Yoo-jin's father, Yoo-jin's mother, Yoo-gyeom, and Gyeo-wool, Yoo-jung's son gathered together in front of the TV. Yoo-jung take a seat beside his mother as he take his son into his lap.


"How is it eomma?"


"His doctor-in-charged will talk to the media now." Yoo-jin's mother said as she points to the TV. Yoo-jung take a look at the TV. Yoo-jin and So-yul also standing side by side looking at the TV.


"This is Kim Tae-eun for SBC. Prime Minister Lee was hospitalized earlier this afternoon and the team doctor said they need to take action as soon as possible tonight. Prime Minister Lee's doctor-in-charge will give the statement right now."


Just then, Minseok appears on the screen. So-yul and Yoo-jin widen their eyes in shocked. Yoo-jin take a look at So-yul.


"MINSEOK OPPA! SO-YUL! YOUR BOYFRIEND!!"


"WHAAT?!" The entire family said in surprised. So-yul also surprised. She quickly take out her phone, about to call Minseok but Yoo-jin hold her hands.


"You can't call him, now."


"A.. Ah.. Right." So-yul said as she looks very worried. She turns her eyes to the TV. Yoo-jin hold her shoulder.
 


"Everyone in Korea, good night. I'm Kim Minseok, Prime Minister Lee's doctor-in-charge."
 


"He's so cool.." Yoo-jin said as she smiles proudly. So-yul nods. She wipes her tears.

"I got angry at him earlier at the phone. I don't know actually he needs to operate the Prime Minister. I'm so dumb." So-yul said as she cries. Yoo-jin hug her.


"I HEARD MINSEOK HYUNG IS THE- Baekhyun said as he barge into the room. Yoo-jin's mother turns her head.


"Yeah, it's him. Hurry come here and eat some cake, Baekhyun!" Yoo-jin's mother said as she points to the cake on top of the table in front of her. Then, she take a look at So-yul.


"Lucky you, So-yul ah. His career will be on top right now."


So-yul smiles. Yoo-jin also smiles.


"Aeeey~ I'm going to have a bright future too, Eommonim!" Baekhyun said as he back hugged Yoo-jin. Yoo-jin laughs.


"Alright, alright Prosecutor Byun!" Yoo-jin's mother said as she laughs. Everyone also laughing.

"Yaah~ Look at him. He's so cool." Yoo-jung said as he take a look at Minseok. Then, he take a look at So-yul. "You need to cheer him, So-yul! Bring a cake and some food, he musn't have any dinner yet!"


"Hyung was right. You need to bring something for him." Baekhyun said as he take a look at So-yul. So-yul blinked her eyes.


"Then.. Would you take me to the hospital?"



So-yul take a look at around her as she's at the hospital now, with a paper bag on her hands. She's looking here and there, checking if she's actually on the right place. Just then, she found Minseok's room. So-yul take a deep breath, she's about to knock it when suddenly, a female doctor coming out from the room.

"Oh?" The doctor said as if she knows So-yul. So-yul blinked her eyes.


"I.. I want to meet-

"Minseok ssi! So-yul ssi is here!" That female doctor shouted. So-yul widen her eyes in shocked.


"H.. How.. How can you know my name..?"

"Who doesn't know you? Minseok always carrying your picture whenever he had a surgery." The female doctor said as she smiles as she entering the room again. So-yul blinked her eyes, surprised about that fact. Just then, Minseok appears. He looks very tired but he smiles when he sees So-yul.


"So-yul ah. Why are you here? It's almost midnight-


And without saying anything, So-yul hug him. Minseok surprised. He take a look at So-yul.


"Why?! What's wrong?!"


"You're doing a good job.. Oppa." So-yul said as she cry. Minseok just quiet. But then, he smiles as he hug her.


"I'm sorry for today. What should i do? I must be very busy until-

"It's fine. I don't need anything." So-yul said as she smiles. She take a look at Minseok.


"Your job is your priority, and i need to support you."


Minseok smiles. He kiss So-yul's forehead.


"Actually.. I'm a bit hungry. Do you want to eat something?" Minseok said as he take a look at So-yul. So-yul smiles. She showed him the paper bag on her hand.


"I brought pasta and cake for us. Let's eat!"


Minseok nods. Then, he hug her again.


"I love you."



"Aigoo.. Am i watching a drama right now?" Yoo-jin said as she's looking at Minseok and So-yul. Baekhyun chuckled. He hold Yoo-jin's shoulder.


"Should we eat too? Let's have something at the cafetaria. I heard this hospital has the best cafetaria."


Yoo-jin chuckled. She take a look at Baekhyun.


"Okay.. Okay.. Let's eat, Mr. Nagging!" 

 

Flashforward end. Yoo-jin and Taeyong are in the library, as the two of them looking for some book for the upcoming test. Baekhyun and Jongin still have another class while So-yul already left for her part-time work and ask Yoo-jin to teach her later. Yoo-jin take a book and read it.


"What are you doing in Japan? You never told us about that." Yoo-jin said as she look for the materials in that book. Taeyong thinned his lips.


"I know someone when i worked volunteer in Cambodia a year ago. He's a Korean who studying in Japan. He ask me to join him for doing volunteer again next February."


Yoo-jin raised her eyebrows. She take a look at Taeyong.


"Where? You went to Cambodia for 5 months last year.. Right?" Yoo-jin said as she try to remember using her future memories. Taeyong smiles.


"Congo. I've always dreamed to work as UNICEF's volunteer in Africa, and they said i probably could join the team for next February."
 


Yoo-jin suddenly quiet. She blinked her eyes.
 


"It's.. It's so far away.."


Taeyong chuckled. He take a look at Yoo-jin.


"Why? I've always worked as volunteer all these time and it's always far from Seoul." 

 

"From what i remember, Taeyong really went to Congo and worked there for a year. And it's the main reason he didn't inherited Baekil Law Firm. Instead, his younger brother is the one who become the successor of his father, while Taeyong live happily, worked in UNICEF." 

 

A smile formed on Yoo-jin's face. She take a look at Taeyong.



"Do what makes you happy, then. You know what's the best for yourself."



Taeyong smiles. The two staring at each other, with a smile on their face.

 


"Two portions of marinated galbi is here!" So-yul said happily as she put two plates of marinated galbi on top of the table. She also skillfully teach the customer who asked her how to grill the meat and turn on the griller.

"Eun So-yul is really talented! She never does any chores or even worked part time before but she looks like she already worked for many years." The owner praised So-yul as she's staring at her from the cashier desk. Minseok turns his head as he's looking at So-yul, who's now cooking a fried rice for the customer.


Then, he smiles.



"Ah.. So tired." So-yul said as she take a seat at the empty seat. Restaurant is finally closed. So-yul take a look at her watch. Then, she smiles.

"Aigoo.. Look at you, Eun So-yul. You always sleep at 9 PM but now you just finished working. What a good progress."


"That's a good progress, though."


So-yul surprised as she turns her head. Minseok smiles at her. He put a can of cola in front of her.


"Good job for your first day of work, new employee!"


So-yul smiles. She take the cola, then take a look at Minseok.


"Can i drink this?"

"Sure. I have one for me, too." Minseok said as he show her another can of cola on his hand. So-yul laughs. Minseok also laughs.



"Don't you tired? You already work at the library.. Then worked at night at the restaurant. You also need to study." So-yul said as she drink her cola. So-yul and Minseok sit on the grass, with the view of Han River at night, under the moonlight and shining stars. Minseok smiles.


"At first.. It feels very tired. You need to wake up at 6 AM, study until 2 PM, and worked until 9 PM. But i'm used to it now."


Minseok let out a sighs. He's staring at the Han River.
 


"You need to do that in order to survive."
 


So-yul take a look at Minseok, who's drowning on his thoughts. Then, Minseok chuckled.


"But i never tried to give up and complaint about my life. That's not going to solve my problem."
 


So-yul chuckled. She take a sip into her cola.
 


"What's wrong with complaint? You can do that some times. You can't just keep it on your heart!" So-yul said as she gets up from her position. Minseok take a look at her.


"Look at me. YAAAH! I'M SO TIRED LEARNING ABOUT LAW EVERYDAY!! WHY AM I EVEN ENTERING THE LAW SCHOOL WHEN I'M NOT THAT SMART?! YOU'RE SO STUPID, EUN SO-YUL!!" So-yul said as she shouted. Minseok blinked his eyes, a bit surprised.


"But, after you complaint about it, it feels like you get a reminder. Like.. You should be grateful entering the law school! You meet many good friends, you can cheer your faculty during sport day, you can laughs with your friends everyday, and you even learn many things."


So-yul take a look at Minseok. Then, she smiles.


"Somehow.. That reminder comforting you in many ways. That shows you many good things in your life. And then, you'll work even harder to prove yourself you already do the best."


Minseok smiles widely. He put his cola and gets up from his position. Then, he shouted.


"YAAAAH! I'M SO TIRED STUDYING EVERY DAY AND NIGHT WHILE WORKING! I'M SO TIRED EATING RAMYUN!! WHY AM I EVEN CHOOSE MEDICAL SCHOOL? I CAN'T SLEEP PROPERLY BECAUSE I NEED TO STUDY!!"


So-yul laughs. Minseok also laughs. He looks relieved.


"Woah. I don't know it feels very good. As if the burden in my heart finally lifted up."


Minseok take a look at So-yul, then, he smiles.


"Thank you, So-yul ssi."


So-yul smiles. She turns her head as she's staring at the Han River. Minseok also smiles. He let out a breath as it feels very refreshing for him.

 


Yoo-jin lay her body on her bed. She takes her phone as she check some messages. 

 

Baekhyunnie
Sleeping? Or thinking of me?


Baekhyunnie
Or thinking about me before you go to sleep? 

 

Yoo-jin smiles. She reply Baekhyun's message.


Baekhyun's phone vibrating as he put his mug on top of the table. He quickly takes his phone.


Wife
Thinking about Won Bin



"Tsk!" Baekhyun said as he chuckled in disbelief. Then, he jumped into his bed as he reply Yoo-jin's message.


Baekhyunnie
LEE JUNG-JAE!! LEE JUNG-JAE!!



Yoo-jin laughs. She thinks for a while, then she type something.


Wife
Won Bin!!

 


Baekhyun giggling happily. He quickly reply her message.


Baekhyunnie
Yoon Yoo-jin!! I love you, Yoon Yoo-jin!! Who do you love more, Byun Baekhyun or Lee Jung-jae??



Yoo-jin laughs like a crazy. She rolls her body to the right, to the left, but then, she falls to the floor.


"What's that sound?" Yoo-gyeom said as he turns his eyes to the second floor. Yoo-jung shrugged as he calmly read comic.


"Probably Yoon Yoo-jin falls to the floor as she rolls her body. She must be forget how tiny her bed is."


"Aish.." Yoo-jin groans in pain as she rub her . But as soon as she read the message from Baekhyun again, she smiles widely.

 


So-yul staring at the empty cola can. The memories of Minseok smiling and laughing with her still lingering on her head. 

"Thank you, So-yul ssi."
 


So-yul giggling happily as she burried her face into her pillows. Then, she smiles widely as she hug her stuffed toys.


"He said thank you.. He said thank you!!" 

 


Taeyong staring at the ceiling on his room as he lay his body on his bed. Then, he smiles.


"Do what makes you happy, then. You know what's the best for yourself."


Taeyong smiles widely. He turns his head to the photo frame on his desk. The photo of him, Jongin, Baekhyun, Yoo-jin, and So-yul at Lotte World several weeks ago. Then, he smiles as he's looking at Yoo-jin.
 


"I'll do that, Yoo-jin ah. I'll do what makes me happy." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Double updates for today!! Aigoo~ love is in the air for them 😂💓 Enjoy the story!