22: Some Things That Didn't Change

Love, 18 Again

Baekhyun and Yoo-jin walking out from the car as they arrived at Baekhyun's house. Yoo-jin looking at around her, then, she smiles.


"It's not changing at all." Yoo-jin said as she's looking at every detail of Baekhyun's house. Baekhyun chuckled.


"I was surprised when i arrived first. I didn't remember how my house back then, and it look the same even after 10 years."


Yoo-jin smiles. Just then, a cute corgi dog running towards them. The dog seems very calm as its walking around Yoo-jin's leg. Yoo-jin raised her eyebrows.


"How.. How can.. He's so calm around me?" Yoo-jin said as she hold Gom, Baekhyun family's dog on her hand. Baekhyun laughs. He ruffles Gom's fur softly.


"Why?~ You know this noona is my girlfriend?~" Baekhyun said cutely. Yoo-jin laughs. Just then, the door opened. Hee-kyung looks surprised as she hold Gom's bowl on her hands. Hee-kyung blinked her eyes.


"Oh? Say hello. This is Hee-kyung, my younger sister." Baekhyun said to Yoo-jin. Yoo-jin blinked her eyes. 

"Hee-kyungie.. She doesn't change at all.." 

 

"H.. Hello." Hee-kyung said as she bows politely to Yoo-jin. Yoo-jin nods awkwardly towards her. Her eyes looks teary.
 


"I'm Yoon Yoo-jin. Nice to meet you."
 


"Oh.. Yes." Hee-kyung said as she put Gom's bowl beside the door. Soon, Gom jumped to the ground and run to his bowl as he quickly eat his food. Baekhyun looking at Yoo-jin, realizes that she looks very emotional staring at Hee-kyung.


"Yah. Did eomma cook something? I already told her i brought my friend." Baekhyun said as he looking at Hee-kyung. Hee-kyung nods.


"She cook something edible. Sungyeon unnie too. She bake some cookies, but i won't eat that." Hee-kyung said as she's looking at Yoo-jin awkwardly, then turns her eyes to Baekhyun.


"G.. Go inside.. Then."


Baekhyun nods. He take a look at Yoo-jin. "Let's go."


Yoo-jin nods. Baekhyun let her make a way first but then, Hee-kyung grab his arms. Baekhyun turns his head.


"What?"

"Girlfriend?" Hee-kyung said with a suspicious eyes. Baekhyun chuckled. Then, he shrugged.


"If you think like that, then it is." Baekhyun said as he walks following Yoo-jin. Hee-kyung furrow her eyebrows as she's looking at them.


"Weird. Why she keep looking at me like that?"

 


"Hee-kyung looks exactly the same! I almost cry seeing her." Yoo-jin said slowly. Baekhyun chuckled.
 


"Her sharp tongue doesn't change at all."
 


Yoo-jin smiles. She thinned her lips.
 


"I wonder what eommonim looks like. I miss her doenjang jiggae."
 


Just then, a smell of familiar doenjang jiggae appears as they arrived at the dining room. Yoo-jin turns her head. Baekhyun's mother is there, cooking with the help of her maid and Sungyeon.


"She looks the same." Yoo-jin said as she smiles. Baekhyun smiles. He take a look at his mother.


"Eomma~ Your handsome son is here~"


Baekhyun's mother turns her head. Then, a wide smile appears on her face.


"Omomo! Here's our guest! Omo, she's so pretty! How can you befriend with this ugly guy?" Baekhyun's mother said as she's looking at Yoo-jin. Yoo-jin smiles widely. 


"Omo.. Yoo-jinnie? Eommonim already make some kimchi, take them with you, okay? Make sure Baekhyun and you always have kimchi!" 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, i'm Yoon Yoo-jin." Yoo-jin said as she bows politely. Baekhyun's mother smile.


"Aigoo~ So pretty~ Even a pretty name~" Baekhyun's mother said in a sweet tone. Baekhyun chuckled. Then, he holds Yoo-jin shoulder. Yoo-jin widen her eyes in surprised.


"So? She's qualified as your daughter-in-law?"


"Of course!" Baekhyun's mother said. Then, she turns her eyes to her son.


"But their family going to kick you out as soon as you appears in front of them! Tsk, your father isn't going home!" Baekhyun's mother said as she walk back to the stove, checking her food. Baekhyun and Yoo-jin laughs.


"District Attorney Byun won't come home yet you want to make him as your interviewees? Aigoo." Sungyeon said as she take off her apron and put it on top of the table. Then, she smiles widely to Yoo-jin.


"Hello! I'm Byun Sungyeon, this house's Son Ye-jin. Nice to meet you!" Sungyeon said in a friendly tone. Yoo-jin smiles widely. 

"Yoo-jin! Have you watched Crash Landing On You? You must watch it! Son Ye-jin's clothes are suuuper fabulous!" 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Yoon Yoo-jin, my house's Song Hye-gyo." Yoo-jin said as she smiles. Sungyeon laughs happily.
 


"Omo? I just made a friend!"
 


Yoo-jin laughs. Baekhyun smiles looking at the two.


"Come on! Prepare the table! People in this house mostly crazy, i'm so sorry for that!" Baekhyun's mother said as she taps Yoo-jin's shoulder. Yoo-jin smiles.


"I'll help you." Yoo-jin said as she quickly walk towards the kitchen. Baekhyun's mother grin happily. She quickly walks following her and the two talking while preparing the bowl for the soup. Sungyeon nudge Baekhyun's elbow.


"Wow. She knows eomma likes someone who help her on the kitchen." Sungyeon said as she's looking at Yoo-jin. Baekhyun smiles. 

"Of course. She knows her for 9 years." 

"Let's prepare the table. Since District Attorney won't come and we can't work on our assignment, at least we got to eat."

 


The dinning room is noisier than usual as Yoo-jin come. She talks everything with Baekhyun's mother and Sungyeon: fashion, drama, and even actors. Baekhyun's mother and Sungyeon looks very comfortable around Yoo-jin, same goes for Yoo-jin. Baekhyun smiles looking at the trio, who's now talking about Won Bin.


"Eomma and Sungyeon unnie likes her. Lucky you." Hee-kyung said as she eat her rice. Baekhyun chuckled.
 


"Should i just marry her?"
 


Hee-kyung shrugged. "Well.. Depends on her. Does she want to spend her life with someone as lazy as you or not."


Baekhyun laughs. He ruffles Hee-kyung's hair. Hee-kyung groans.


"Aish! Oppa!"


"I want to marry her in the future." Baekhyun said as he's staring at Yoo-jin, who's laughing with Sungyeon. Hee-kyung blinked her eyes.

"As if she wants to marry you." Hee-kyung said as she cut her meat. Baekhyun chuckled.


"She will. Just see." 

"She'll be your closest friend, the only person you trust when you found out you pregnant. The first person you call when you want to abort the baby and the person that against it and take you out from the hospital. The person who wait for you day and night when you giving birth along with our eomma. The person who'll come no matter what time is it when you call her. You'll be very close to her, Hee-kyung. Very close to her. She's the one who taking care of you in the future when nobody cares.."


Baekhyun smiles bitterly. He lowering his head.


"...even me." 

 

 

"So.. How's for today?" Baekhyun said as he walks hand in hand with Yoo-jin, walked her home. Yoo-jin thinks for a while. Then, she smiles.


"Eomonim doesn't change at all.. My little Hee-kyung too.. And somehow i miss this Sungyeon unnie." Yoo-jin said as she sighs.
 


"She rarely come to house and when she come, all she does is bragging about her corrupt husband. How sad."
 


Baekhyun chuckled. Then, he stopped his steps as he's looking at Yoo-jin.
 


"At least we already separate them in here. Let's just see in the future."
 


Yoo-jin take a look at Baekhyun. Baekhyun let out a breath as he's staring at the sky.
 


"I'm not afraid of him anymore. Whether they're still together in the future or not, i don't care. I know now i can fight him. So i don't care anymore."
 


Yoo-jin smiles. She caress Baekhyun's cheek softly.


"Anyway.. The proof, Choi Jae-hyuk's voice recording. What will you do with that?"

"I made a copy of it in my laptop. I probably going to save it on my flashdisk and use it when i need to." Baekhyun said as he take a look at Yoo-jin. Then, he put her other hands into his cheeks.



"How is it? Your boyfriend is such a genius, right?"



Yoo-jin laughs. She is about to kiss Baekhyun when suddenly, the gate opened. Yoo-jin and Baekhyun turns their head..


...and their eyes meet with Yoo-jin's father's eyes. With 2 plastic bags of garbage on his hands. He looks very flustered as he's almost watching his daughter kissing someone.


"A.. Aigoo.. I need to throw this quickly." Yoo-jin's father said as he awkwardly looking for the trash can. Both Baekhyun and Yoo-jin looks very nervous and embarrassed now. Yoo-jin's father quickly throw the garbage into the trash can. Then, he take a look at them.



"You can continue your things now. I won't interrupt."



And with that, Yoo-jin's father entering the house as he close the gate. Baekhyun and Yoo-jin relieved a sighs.


"Your father doesn't change, too. He always caught us when we're about to kissing."


Yoo-jin laughs. Then, she kiss Baekhyun's lips. Yoo-jin take a look at him.


"Good night."


Baekhyun smiles. He grab Yoo-jin's arms.


"You think you can run after doing this to me?"


And with that, Baekhyun move closer to Yoo-jin as he lean to kiss her. Yoo-jin smiles. Then, she wrapped her hands around his neck. Baekhyun smiles. He wrapped his hands around her waist.


"I love you i love you i love you!" Baekhyun said cheekily as he lean his forehead into Yoo-jin's forehead. Yoo-jin laughs.


"Love you too love you too love you too!"

 


Yoo-jin close the gate slowly, make sure her father doesn't notice her. She's looking at around her, and then, relieved a sighs as no one's there. Yoo-jin smile happily. She's about to enter her house when suddenly, her father comes.


"OH MY.. APPA!" Yoo-jin groans as she's shocked. Yoo-jin's father chuckled in disbelief.


"Tsk tsk.. Look at you being so cute in front of your boyfriend but turns into a gangster when you're with me." Yoo-jin's father said as he cross his arms. He take a look at Yoo-jin.
 


"Is he that good enough to make you act cute like that?"
 


Yoo-jin smiles. Then, she linked her hands into her father's arms as she take her inside the house.


"Yes, he is! Is he handsome?"

"No. I'm way better than him."

"Tsk! Appa!" 

 

 

"Aigoo.. Aigoo.. So hot!" So-yul said as she walk out from the mini market. She walks adjusting to the crowd of people in the street. It's 8 PM and the street still busy. People just finish working and having some snack on the food stall, or having a dinner on a great restaurant. So-yul turns her head to the busy Galbi restaurant.


"Ah.. I'm hungry eventhough i already had dinner earlier. That Galbi looks so delicious." So-yul said as she gulped. So-yul let out a sighs, staring at the Galbi on the grill.

Just then, So-yul squint her eyes as she catch someone inside the restaurant. So-yul blinked her eyes.



"Wait. Wait. WAIT. Isn't that.."



So-yul looking at the person once again, trying to make sure it's that person. That person smiles to the customer as he put the dish in top of the table. So-yul squint her eyes again.



And soon, her eyes widen in shocked.



"MINSEOK SSI?!"
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello everyone! Guess what So-yul will do next?! 😝 Enjoy the story!