4: People Tend To Not Realize When We Grow Up

Love, 18 Again

"Let's become a group mates."


Baekhyun just quiet as he staring at Yoo-jin. He blinked his eyes.


"So this is what happened."


Baekhyun take a glance at Taeyong, who looks very interested. Baekhyun quietly let out a sighs.


"Sure." Taeyong said as he smiles towards Yoo-jin. Yoo-jin nods happily. So-yul blinked her eyes rapidly as she lean closer to whisper something to Yoo-jin.


"He's not bad."


Yoo-jin smiles. She stretch her hands to Taeyong.



"Yoon Yoo-jin. And you?"



Baekhyun gasped in disbelief. He take a look at Yoo-jin.


"What is she doing?!"


Taeyong smiles widely as he shows his teeth. He shakes Yoo-jin's hand.



"Lee Taeyong. Nice to meet you."



"Byun Baekhyun, i guess it's nice to know you?" Baekhyun said as he shakes Yoo-jin's another hand. Yoo-jin surprised. Her position is very awkward as her right hand shakes Taeyong's hand and her left hand shakes Baekhyun's hand.


"What are you doing?!?" Yoo-jin said with her eyes. "Let go of my hand?!"


"It's me who actually need to ask. What. Are. You. Doing?!" Baekhyun said with his eyes as he staring at Yoo-jin. Yoo-jin quietly pinch Baekhyun's palm. 


"ARGH!" Baekhyun yelped in pain. Yoo-jin turns her attention back to Taeyong, this time with a sweet smile.


"Is 5 enough? Or you want to add another student?"


"Hmm.." Taeyong thinks for a while as he looking at around him. Then, he shakes his head.


"I don't think so. This is enough for me." Taeyong said as he nods. Then, he take a look at Baekhyun and Jongin.


"How?"


Jongin nods slowly. "Well.. As long as my homework is done.. I'm fine."


"Besides.. We have this smart boy in our group.." Jongin said as he lean his head into Baekhyun's shoulder. Baekhyun smack his head.


Yoo-jin laughs. She knows it's true. Then, she nods.


"Okay. When we'll meet again to start working on our assignment?"

 


"Yah, Yoo-jin. That Lee Taeyong guy is very awesome!" So-yul said as she linked her arms to Yoo-jin's arms. Both of them walking side by side as they're about to have a lunch.


"That Kim Jongin too.. That Byun Baekhyun too.. Aaah! I can't wait!" So-yul said happily as she's imagining working together with the trio for the whole semester. Yoo-jin chuckled.


"You're that happy?" Yoo-jin said as she take a look at So-yul. So-yul nods excitedly.


"Of course gizibe! Having them as my group mates.. My life is so gooood!"


Yoo-jin laughs along with So-yul. Just then, she remembered Baekhyun's expression when she shaked Taeyong's hand. Without So-yul notices, she smiles.



"Yah! Yah! Do you watch it last night.. Right?!" Jongin said as he take a look at Baekhyun who quietly eat his bone soup. Baekhyun turns his head.


"What?" Baekhyun said nonchalantly. Jongin furrow his eyebrows.


"That video!" Jongin said as he take a look at around him, make sure no one is eavesdropping them. Taeyong take a look at him.


"That Hot and Wet Night in Spain. Do you watch that until you come late this morning?"


And with that, Taeyong burst in laughter. Baekhyun quickly smack Jongin's head.


"I TOLD YOU I DIDN'T WATCH ANYTHING! IT'S MY ALARM! MY ALARM!" 


"It's you the one who watched it till the dawn, right?" Taeyong said as he points to Jongin's dark circles. "Aigoo.. Better to stop it before it turns into a habit."


Jongin pouted as he take a look at Taeyong. He stirs his bone soup lazily.


"What habit? It's just me looking for some entertainment.."

"What habit? It's just me looking for some entertainment."


Baekhyun suddenly quiet. He blinked his eyes.

Flashforward
October 20, 2018.

"I'm home." Baekhyun said as he take off his shoes and changed into his slippers. Baekhyun walks lazily to the refridgerator as he drink some cold water. It feels very refreshing after a very long day in court.


"Yoo-jin ah." Baekhyun said as he walk to the living room, where Yoo-jin is. She looks very immersed to the scene where the lead woman is going to go abroad and the lead male is looking out for her at the airport. Yoo-jin keep wiping her tears with the tissue that almost empty now.


"Aigoo.. That drama again?" Baekhyun said as he take a look at the TV. Yoo-jin turns her head, surprised that Baekhyun has arrived. She wipe the tears from her eyes.


"Oh.. You're here?" Yoo-jin said as she take a look at Baekhyun. Baekhyun just nods. He turns his attention again to the TV.


"You're watching this again and crying at the same scene again. It's slowly become a habit for you to crying at some fictional story."


Yoo-jin pouted. "What habit? It's just me looking for some entertainment."


Baekhyun smiles. Then, he quickly hold her with a bridal style. Yoo-jin surprised.


"Yah! What are you doing.."


"Looking for some entertainment." Baekhyun said cheekily. Then, he stole a kiss from her lips. Yoo-jin widen her eyes.


"Yah!"


"Why? You don't want to?"


Yoo-jin bit her lips. She lowering her head.


"Well.. I guess i have a lot of snot due to crying.."


Baekhyun laughs. He lean his forehead to Yoo-jin's forehead.


"I don't care! Let's go!"


And with that, both of them giggling happily. Enjoying their time together as Baekhyun quickly bring her to their room and soon, the door closed. 

Flashforward ends. Baekhyun let out a sighs. He quietly drink his mineral water while Taeyong and Jongin bickering at each other. Just then, Taeyong turns his eyes.


"Oh? Yoon Yoo-jin!"


Baekhyun suddely cough, surprised as he heard that name again. He turns his head and found Yoo-jin and So-yul entering the restaurant.


"You're having lunch?" Taeyong ask happily. Yoo-jin nods.


"Well.. You can join us then!" Jongin said cheerfully. Baekhyun cough again.


"It's a good idea!" So-yul said as she quickly take a seat beside Taeyong, leaving Yoo-jin who can't help but sit in between Baekhyun and Jongin. Yoo-jin awkwardly sit between them.


"What do you want to eat?" Taeyong said as he take a look at Yoo-jin. Yoo-jin thinks for a while.


"Uhm.. Just bone soup." Yoo-jin said as she can't think of any food. She's not a big fan of bone soup but So-yul insisted to eat here because she saw them earlier entering this store.


"Me too!" So-yul said happily. Taeyong nods.


"Ahjumma! 2 bowls of bone soup-


"A bowl of bone soup and one portion of bibimguksu!" Baekhyun said as he cut Taeyong's words. Everyone turns their attention.


"Huh?" Jongin said confusedly as he take a peek to Baekhyun. Yoo-jin take a glance at him too.


"Who wants to eat bibimguksu?"


"Me." Yoo-jin said with an awkward grin. Taeyong, Jongin, and So-yul surprised.


"But you said bone soup ealier.." So-yul said as she take a look at Yoo-jin, looking for an answer. Yoo-jin thinks very hard a way to answer it.


"Ah.. I..-


"It's very boring to have everyone eat the same food at one table." Baekhyun said nonchalantly. Yoo-jin take a look at him, then, she awkwardly smile to the others.


"Ah.. R.. Right! Hahahaha! Yeah! It'll be boring and we can't try another food! We should try many food when we come to a good restaurant!" Yoo-jin said trying to explain it. Baekhyun just quiet.


But as he lowering his head, he smiles. 

 


"So you still remember that i hate bone soup." Yoo-jin said as she walks beside Baekhyun. Both of them walk together going back to their house.


"I remember you got sick for 2 days after your co-workers treat you bone soup near your office." Baekhyun said as he put his hands inside his jacket pocket. Yoo-jin smiles.


"But if you did that again, everyone will be suspecting us! Don't do that again."


Baekhyun suddenly stop his steps. Then, he take a look at Yoo-jin.


"And why you come to a bone soup restaurant? Really try to be with Lee Taeyong?"


Yoo-jin gasped in disbelief. "Hey. It's because So-yul wants to eat there after seeing the three of you eating there!"


"But you can reject her!" Baekhyun said as his tone a bit rising. Yoo-jin let out a sighs.


"Look at us fighting over something that not happened." Yoo-jin said as he take a look at Baekhyun.


"How can i live with you for almost 3 years, huh?"


Baekhyun sighs. He thinned his lips.


"Just.. Don't do that again. You know that we can't see each other everyday."


"Who wants to see you everyday?" Yoo-jin said angrily as she walks ahead, leaving Baekhyun there. Baekhyun gasped in disbelief.


"Yah! Yoon Yoo-jin!"

 


*****


"Aigoo.. Look at them running crazily." So-yul said as she looking at some students that run passing them with a huge banner that written LAW. Yoo-jin take a look at them.


"Where are they going?"


"Sport Day." So-yul said as she scoops some strawberries on her bingsoo.


"Our faculty have a basketball match today against the medical school. I heard that Byun Baekhyun and Kim Jongin played for our faculty."


"WHAT?!" Yoo-jin shouted at So-yul in shocked. So-yul take a look at her, also surprised by Yoo-jin's act.


"Why? What's wrong? They must choose a good player, right?"


Yoo-jin gasped in disbelief. "GOOD PLAYER? BYUN BAEKHYUN CAN'T EVEN TOUCH THE BALL! HOW ON EARTH HE CAN PLAY BASKETBALL?!"


This time, So-yul's eyes widen in shocked. The bingsoo in her hand fall to the ground.


"WHAT?!" 

Jongin stretch his legs as he's warming up himself before the match. Just then, he take a glance at Baekhyun, who's wearing his ankle braces.


"Yah. Just give up and tell them you suddenly sick. Chanyeol will definitely understand about it." Jongin said as he stretch his hands. Baekhyun just quiet.


"I told you, if i didn't overcome it, i'll scared to ball forever." Baekhyun said as he gets up from his position.



"I don't want to be such a coward."



Jongin sighs. He walk following Baekhyun to the corner of the field.


"But it's different! You almost lose your memories because of it!"


Baekhyun take a look at Jongin. His face looks very serious about this matter.


"It's in the past. Little Baekhyun who scared to ball just because he was once being hit by a ball until he almost lose his memories." Baekhyun said as he remember very well how Sungyeon and Hee-kyung keep asking their name to him and his mother keep crying afraid that his son would forget her.


"And now, Big Baekhyun is going to fight that ball again. I'll show it that i'm getting stronger." Baekhyun said with a reassuring smile as he taps Jongin's shoulder. Jongin just sighs. He knows that there's no point of arguing this again because the match is in front of them.


Yoo-jin run hurrily to the field following by So-yul. She take a look at around her to find Baekhyun, and when she sees him, she quickly run to him.

 


"BYUN BAEKHYUN!"

 


Baekhyun turns his head. Soon, his eyes widen as he sees Yoo-jin in front of him, panting and trying to find a fresh air. Behind her is So-yul who's almost throwing up after following her running to here.

"Yah. You look like you could faint anytime." Jongin said as he take a look at So-yul. So-yul nods as he take the drink on Jongin's hand and drink it.


"You don't know how fast she could run. If a dog.. No. If a tiger decided to chase her, she would be the winner." So-yul said as she leans her body to the wall. Jongin take a look at her.


"YAH! YOU DRINK EVERYTHING!"


"What are you doing?" Baekhyun ask as he walk closer to Yoo-jin. Yoo-jin take a look at him.


"It's me the one who should ask that. What are you doing here?! Mostly, with that clothes.. And basketball?! You know how a ball almost make you lose your memories!"


Jongin widen his eyes, shocked.



"Hey, how can she know that?!"



Baekhyun let out a sighs. "It happened a long time ago. And i'm going to overcome it."


Yoo-jin sighs. She looks very worried.



"Baekhyun.."



"I'll be fine." Baekhyun said as he smiles, comforting her. Yoo-jin take a look at him.



"You know that i changed a lot, right?"



Yoo-jin just quiet. She knows he's changed a lot in every aspect.


He changed into a cold Baekhyun. He changed into a workaholic Baekhyun who forget his own birthday. A robot Baekhyun who never seems to be tired. An untouchable Baekhyun who always seems having a huge wall around him and somehow, Yoo-jin can't break it.


He changed, a lot, but not in a good way, to Yoo-jin.


But she doesn't know that he changed a lot in a good way too.



Just then, someone throw the ball from the corner of the field. The ball is going directly to Yoo-jin's direction.



"BE CAREFUL! THE BALL!"



Yoo-jin surprised as she sees the ball straight to both of her and Baekhyun's direction. Yoo-jin push Baekhyun to the other side quickly.



But soon, someone catch the ball.



Yoo-jin turns her eyes. And soon, her eyes widen in shocked.



Baekhyun catch the ball with his left hand. While his right hand holding her hands.


Yoo-jin looking at him, still surprised by the fact that Baekhyun is the one who catch that ball.



"Baek.. Baekhyun.."



Baekhyun take a look at him. Then, he smiles.



"I changed a lot.. Right?"


 

 

New update is hereeee! Who doesn't like sport day? It's actually a very fun day 😆 enjoy the story!