Page Two

Goodnight and Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, Sana.”

Sana smells so nice and incredibly tempting. Dahyun already regrets leaving her bed. Damn you Chaeyoung for putting me to it.

 

Now she has to hold her breath to avoid the dizziness of Sana inviting scent. Sana as usual makes it harder for her, clinged into her, not letting go not even when Dahyun tries to step back.

 

“Oh, for the love of God Sana, she just got here.” There's a muffled voice behind Sana, Dahyun can barely hear it over the music, her pounding heart and the distracting sensation of Sana's lips on her painful sensitive neck. For the tone and the loud volume she knows it was Jihyo who said it.

 

Sana ignored her. Momo marched to the two of them by the door and forced the other to back away from Dahyun. Sana whined but released her.

 

“Sorry Dahyun, she's a little drunk.” Momo's apologies was not necessary to Dahyun, not when Sana pouts and murmures she's not drunk, just happy.

 

“Yes, you're a little drunk.” Momo heard her too.

 

“Do I have to be drunk to show my feelings for her?” Sana asks. Sulking, she stomps away from them, leaving behind a bewildered Momo and a blushing mess: Dahyun.

 

Sana doesn't try to get close to Dahyun from then on. At first, she stayed sitted, crossed arms and sulking at the sight of Momo feeding Dahyun a bulgogi wrap. Sana only stand up for Jihyo's toast to congratulate them and giving an special place to Dahyun's on her speech.

 

“To the girl that started it all!” She cheers. They all drink.

 

Nearly two hours later and Dahyun was watching Nayeon and Jihyo rocking at the karaoke machine. Sana and Jeongyeon were shouting the ending of every verse. Jihyo had to drag Sana to the bathroom before, they spent a long time there. Too long. Dahyun suddenly felt sick to her stomach. What are they doing locked together in the bathroom for 40 minutes? 41. 42. That's when she decided to stop counting at the same time she received a message.

[Face Genius Lee Dongmin]:
Where are you?
                                                                        [Dahyun]:                                                                     At Jeongyeon's dad restaurant.


[Face genius Lee Dongmin]:
Can I meet you there?
 

Dahyun frowns. Odd. Eunwoo probably just left work in his father's company. Why would he go out of his way to meet her? It's not exactly rare, just unusual and he only does it when he has something bugging on his mind. It must be important, Eunwoo is always the efficient type of guy so if he has something to say or do, he does at first chance he has.

 

Dahyun looks up to Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung and Nayeon scrolling through the karaoke machine. They won't mind right? It's probably just a minute. Eunwoo is also her best friend so celebrating with him is required too. Oh , I didn't even tell him that we closed the deal.

                                                                                   [Dahyun]:                                                                     Yeah                                                                             Sure                                                                                I have something to tell you anyway.


[Face genius Lee Dongmin]:
I'm on my way.
Yeah, me too.
 

The sound of a lock being clicked opened and Jihyo steps out of the bathroom. Sana is right behind her. Dahyun feels the room stop as the japanese slowly makes her way into the room, she passes by Dahyun slowing down to an almost stop. Sana stares right at Dahyun.

Oh Sana, why are you looking at me that way?

Like if it was the first time she saw Dahyun, Sana grins. A bright, charming and knee-weakling smile. Then she gives a flirty wink that makes Dahyun drop her phone. Dahyun couldn't even blink or register the lost of weight in her hand. To make it worst Sana chuckles lightly, changes her route, going straight to Dahyun, she kneels in front of her and comes to the aid of Dahyun's phone.

 

Sana picks it up, checks if it's still functional “He lives.” She hands it to Dahyun.

 

Dahyun remained stunned with Sana's face a few centimeters away from her own. Sana is obviously amused with the reaction and she decides to have a little more fun at Dahyun's expense.

 

“Princess, here's your lost phone.” Sana reach for Dahyun's hand and opens then, leaving the phone there. Dahyun register the light weight again but is just a underwater sensation compared to the feeling of Sana's soft hand cupping her own. Beautiful double eyelashes are batting charmingly at her. It's captivating, mesmerizing and Dahyun's brain got haywired.

“Since I found the lost item it means you have to kiss me and live happily ever after.” Sana shameless teases.

Kiss you?

Dahyun's body almost reacts on its own, accepting the deal. Thankfully, Dahyun's brain still has a few functional parts and she reminds herself that Sana is messing with her. She is just teasing her. Sana flirts a lot and with a lot of people.

You're not that special Kim Dahyun.

 

Sana is plumping her lips as if taunting Dahyun. Like I’m not tempted enough. Dahyun feels like she will explode with the burning in her cheeks and ears and the loud pounding of her heart. Sana lips draw back and are tightly pressed. Sana had a pleased expression and there's a mischievous glint in her eyes. She was probably holding her laugh. Okay, she's definitely teasing me.

Dahyun snorts nervously and awkwardly. “That's not how the story goes.”

 

That's definitely not how this story goes.

 

“Well, it was worth trying!” Sana pouts cutely, crumbling her chin faking disappointment but then just like Dahyun's thought she giggles.

 

She's definitely way out of my league. You can only dream of having this lips Kim Dahyun.

Oh those lips.

 

Sana catches Dahyun off guard pecking her right cheek quickly, warms creeping on it instantly.

 

“Kissed you anyway.” Sana beams, walks away like nothing happened. Like she didn't just made Dahyun melt into a blushing and dazzled mess. She flows away confident and glamorously like she was on a runway, she walked to Jihyo on the other side with a smug grin. Dahyun had no other choice then watch the thief walk away. Is not like she could bring Sana to justice and make her pay for her crime or ask her to give it back. Sana is well aware she's deadly attractive and everybody can see that her beauty fits in the drop dead gorgeous category. Sana was also aware that she made people stutter with her flirty advances but she doesn't know what she stolen. Dahyun can't blame Sana for walking around being the owner of her heart if Dahyun herself didn't want it back. If Dahyun still denies and hides it behind her shell, withdrawing when Sana’s feelings becames too real.

How can I swim to land if I'm already drowned?

How can I see the surface if I'm already too deep?

 

Now they are all shouting along the song and Dahyun was just watching until the phone buzzed in her pocket. Dahyun reached for it.


[Face genius Lee Dongmin]:
I'm outside.

 

Dahyun left the loudness to step in the chilly quiet air outside. She glances to the side and Eunwoo is there, his back reclined against his dark grey K7 premier, holding a phone. He was wearing a navy blue button up shirt with black jeans and black jacket. Eunwoo swung on his feet when he saw Dahyun, his lips curve in a happy smile, Dahyun misses him too.

The last time she saw the guy was on her last game and Dahyun was so tired and bummed up about her mediocre performance that he only congratulated her for the win and asked if she wanted to have pizza and ice cream to celebrate. It was their tradition. Dahyun would win a game and Eunwoo would treat her with pizza and ice cream and if she wasn’t full by the end, he would buy a slice of double chocolate cake or anything with a lot of chocolate, whatever she chooses. When Eunwoo was the one who had won his basketball game, Dahyun would pay for the fried chicken, pizza and a couple bottles of soju. It's been like that since Dahyun became interested in baseball in the first year of high school, surprisingly being a natural talent.

Eunwoo had invited her that day too, but Dahyun was exhausted, dispirited and sored. Her mind was a complete mess back then, stressed over college, resenting her lack of contribution for her team’s victory, worried for the game’s launch. For the first time and she promises herself is the last she declined the invite. Eunwoo who’s very perceptive of Dahyun’s mood and demeanor, hugs her and comforts her by saying she did good and can always do better next time. Although Dahyun didn’t bat any balls or eliminate any player when she was in defense, she appreciates Eunwoo’s effort to light her mood. He gave her a ride home and that’s it. Thankfully, none of the girls were there. It's usually hard for them to be free on time to watch Dahyun's games.

Dahyun jumps into the boy's arms. Maybe the four glasses of soju was doing it’s job because she was feeling light and relaxed. Eunwoo chuckles at her eagerness.

“Hey, Dubu!”

Eunwoo releases her, stepping back from Dahyun. He pats the top of Dahyun's head, caressing her hair distractedly. Eunwoo's voice sounded tired and the words were dragged in stress and anxiety when he talked.

"Sorry for interrupting the party." Eunwoo seemed genuinely sorry. He looked up at the restaurant, all the windows and doors were closed so he must've figured from the loudness of Jihyo's and Nayeon singing Gashina by S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter