Signal

Goodnight and Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello everyone! Sorry for the long wait. Finals got me stressed out and tired… Anyway, now here we are. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Dahyun designed new characters for their game. One day Sana caught her and Chaeyoung whispering. The pale girl was giving Chaeyoung’s directions about how she wanted it to look. Sana eavesdrops from her table. It looks like a shiba inu. She bites back a smile. Jeongyeon and Momo compared one of her photos to a meme of a shiba inu once.

 

 

Sana should thank Mina and Jihyo, they were right, Dahyun does look out for her more. She was being more open with her displays of affection, most of the time it was not as loud as designing her a character but it still made her heart ache. It was the sweet treats on her bag which she always found in the most weirdly needed times, the beverages on her work table, the company to walk her to classes, the goodnight messages, sometimes even phone calls. But Sana hopes for more, she wants more. Nothing is ever enough when it comes to Dahyun.

 

 

Sana looks at Chaeyoung’s drawing again, heart trying to leap from its confines, she doesn’t want to read more into it, she just has to be sure before she gets excited about this new development. “Cute.” She says, leaning closer until her chin was almost resting on Dahyun’s good shoulder. She touches her arm, hands staying there around her biceps. “Is this me?”

 

 

Dahyun’s pale face tints red in a matter of seconds, which almost makes Sana squeak for being too cute. Dahyun flustered is one of the most pleasurable sights for her, she is even more cute. Something about always being the one to get her flustered excites Sana. She can’t help but feel proud about being able to color Dahyun’s cheeks with just one touch or smile. This is why Sana is so addicted to flirting with her. Chaeyoung snickers as Dahyun nods. 

 

 

Sana can’t fight back the smile this time. 

 

 

-

 

 

They've been planning it for a while. Jihyo was just waiting for the big event, the big hit. They had to have a party to celebrate. The game was becoming a hit with so many downloads that they could barely keep up with updates. The creation team was doing a lot of work, Dahyun and Chaeyoung were doing justice to their team's name and coming up with a lot of new things. Even if it was hard to do so much with just three people on their team they were doing so good. Every month her paycheck would be coming with more than she could expect for a college student and it was the reward for their hard work. It was their sacrifice and dedication that was making that happen. According to Nayeon, a party is a must.

 

 

 

 

Sana was chilling on the sofa eating popcorn while Mina was playing smash on the TV with Chaeyoung sitting side by side, knees touching. It feels a lot like third wheeling even though they are not dating. Momo was out with Nayeon. Mina was about to blow Chaeyoung's character out of the scenario when Nayeon barged in screaming and jumping up and down. Chaeyoung drops the controller with a loud thud on the ground. Sana screams the life out of her and Mina gives a silent gasp, throwing Chaeyoung's player out of screen. Momo passes through the open door dropping her knees on the floor along with a few paper bags, panting hard.

 

 

Sana laughs embarrassed when she sees that she dropped half of the popcorn on herself and the couch. 

 

 

"What the hell?" Chaeyoung is the first one to question it. Picking it up the controller, frowning at the words GAME on the screen. 

 

 

"What's with all the running?" Momo asks too, clutching her chest and still panting hard. 

 

 

Nayeon waits until every eye in the room is on her but she stays quiet, smiling and making them more curious by torturing them with a long pause. After a few minutes Momo huffs in annoyance and Chaeyoung throws a few of Sana's abandoned popcorn on the sofa at the older girl. 

 

 

"Can you just spill it out already?" Momo complains. She got up and dropped the bags on the coffee table.

 

 

"Our game just reached 100 million downloads." Nayeon shows them her phone where the count of downloads hit more than 100 million on the Woohoo's app store. "We should totally throw a party now."

 

 

Sana doesn't know who screams louder, her or Momo's as they jump to see the count closer. They jump up and down just like Nayeon did, hugging each other, Mina and Chaeyoung getting in the hug too.

 

 

Nayeon leaves half an hour later after calling Jihyo and Jeongyeon to come to the Japanese trio dorm, saying she will look for a place where they can have a party tonight.

 

 

"Let's call people." Momo says just as Nayeon leaves. "Call Dahyun and Tzuyu, tell them to come down…"

 

 

"Dahyun is not at home." Chaeyoung interrupts. ”And I texted Tzuyu she is on the way down" She informs.

 

 

"Okay, you call Dahyun." Momo points at Sana, her phone beeps and she stops to read the message. "Nayeon says she got a place. Jihyo said she will invite the Woohoo's team." 

 

 

Just as Sana is about to take her phone out when it vibrates on her pocket, an incoming call arrives.

 

 

Dahyunnie💙 calling.

 

Was that destiny or what?

 

 

 

 

 

Sana was a little gloomy and it has nothing to do with the fact that she is third wheeling again. Jihyo was buying drinks with Tzuyu. Momo, Jeongyeon and Nayeon were fixing up the place. So Sana was stuck with Mina and Chaeyoung again as she strolls the cart and Chaeyoung and Mina grab the items on Nayeon's list. However, being the third wheel of this clueless couple doesn't bother her as much as the fact that Dahyun spent the night in Eunwoo's apartment again. 

 

 

When they finish shopping Sana meets Jihyo and Tzuyu as they go back to the dorms to change. Jihyo is armed with a big backpack so she will get ready in Sana's place. Nayeon and the older girls were going to get changed in the place so they didn't have to come back. Nayeon got a nice restaurant in the city, one that belongs to one of her friends, the said friend being nice enough to let her borrow his kitchen staff although Jihyo did write them a check.

 

 

"You should call Daniel." Sana looks at the mirror, Jihyo reflection staring at her as she is fixing her hair. "I heard he lives nearby, we can pick him up on the way." Sana suggests. Daniel was definitely letting Jihyo know he was interested and she seemed to like it when he would try to flirt with her. 

 

 

Jihyo hums agreeing, after finishing one lock she picks up her phone quickly typing a message, from the mirror Sana can see that their texting exchange was longer than she expected. The last one going from yesterday to today. "What about Dahyun?" She asks after a beep from her phone. Daniel confirmed he would like a ride. "Will she need us to fetcher her on the way?"

 

 

Chaeyoung, who was on the other side of Momo's room, denies it. They huddled there since Mina was in the bathroom and Momo had the biggest mirror. "She will probably get a ride with Moonbin." Her reflection appears on Jihyo's side.

 

 

 "Moonbin as in Woohoo's Moonbin?" Sana asks.

 

 

"Yes, he is Eunwoo's roommate so since she is there anyway they will probably come together."

 

 

Jihyo's eyes search for Sana's in the mirror. Sana can see her own distaste at the mention of Eunwoo's name on her reflection-self.

 

 

"I don't know what she sees in that guy, he is too perfect and besides he is cold and arrogant. Is that her type? Perfect, cold and arrogant with a good face?" Sana complains before she can stop herself. She sounded like an annoying brat.

 

 

Jihyo shakes her head disagreeing with her outburst but her lips tug up like she is trying her hardest not to laugh at a jealous Sana.

 

 

Chaeyoung eyes her suspiciously. "You got a problem with Eunwoo?" 

 

 

Sana avoids her eyes, looking straight at herself in the mirror. "No, I just don't know how she can like that guy, he is too perfect." 

 

 

Jihyo chuckles, not quite hiding her amusement. "You've said that already."

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter