Mercy Part I

Goodnight and Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This is a two part chapter. Enjoy! I divided it because it was too long. 

_____________________________________________________________________

You've got a hold on me

Don't even know your power

I stand a hundred feet

But I fall when I'm around ya...

Baby, please have mercy on me

Take it easy on my heart

Even though you don't mean to hurt me

You keep tearing me apart

Would you please have mercy on me?

I'm a puppet on your strings

 

 

Dahyun could have cursed and yelled at herself or at some divination that it's up there and playing tricks on her. She found herself in the same torturing situation. Why is she falling for the same traps she doesn't know. Started when she woke up in Eunwoo's bed after Sana's text.

 

When Dahyun leaves the room she notices she is the only one awake. Chaeyeon was still sleeping soundless in Eunwoo's bed and she doesn't enter Moonbin's room but she can hear the snoring from the hall. So it became her job to do the breakfast. She sees the pancakes dough in the pastry. Eunwoo has so many things in there and he rarely eats there or cooks. Dahyun takes a piece of dark chocolate from the freezer and eats it before walking to the bathroom to look for a painkiller.

 

She comes back to the kitchen and starts cooking, Moonbin shows up by his bedroom door. His hair was all messy and up and he looked like he hadn't slept at all, which Dahyun knows is not true by the loud snores. He walks right past Dahyun, going to the bathroom with only one eye open, he bumps on the bathroom wall two times before successfully getting in, making Dahyun laugh. Chaeyeon shows up in the kitchen a little later, Moonbin following her like a zombie.

 

"Oh, Dahyun, you're here too." He says, surprised to see her cooking in his kitchen.

 

Surprisingly Eunwoo is the last one to wake up and if she and Moonbin looked like crap Eunwoo looked like a trainwreck. He was shirtless, hair disrelived and he was wearing only one pair of socks, the other feet were bare.

 

He dumps his body on the stool next to Moonbin. "I'm never drinking again."

 

Moonbin and Dahyun give noises of agreement as Chaeyeon chuckles. The girl gets up and as Moonbin and Dahyun, she grabs a painkiller in the bathroom for her brother. She tosses it to him on the end of the counter. Eunwoo mouths a thank you, taking it with Moonbin's water.

 

Dahyun puts the finished pancakes on a plate and places it on the counter. Moonbin and Chaeyoung digs in quickly, stabbing a pile and dropping it on their plate. Eunwoo's hangover is still too strong for him to move that fast. Dahyun was still feeling a little off too.

 

"By the way…" Chaeyeon says, chewing on a piece of pancake. "I have so much blackmail material now." She announces with a mischievous smile.

 

Oh damn. Dahyun doesn't even remember half of the things that happened yesterday. There's a black area were memory pieces are missing from the moment after Eunwoo's talk and when they started toasting for Moonbin recent win on his soccer game, she remembers toasting for Eunwoo's web series too and then the last thing she remembers is sitting on the sidewalk and talking with Myungsoo and Chaeyeon wanting to confess to Sana. She doesn't remember clearly how she got to Eunwoo's apartment. She doesn’t even know how she got her phone back.

 

"Yesterday was a blur. Please let's keep it at that." Eunwoo says.

 

Dahyun and Moonbin nod their heads agreeing.

 

Is the weekend so Dahyun has the day off fortunately, because doing anything that requires more than one third of her brain today is definitely a no go. When they finish eating they all sit in the living room, looking like mindless zombies all except for Chaeyeon. The doorbell rings and all of them groans in pain at the sound, all except for Chaeyeon again. SinB shows up bringing coffee and hangover soup saying that Moonbin sent a SOS this morning and a lot of weird voice messages and texts in the middle of the night.

 

They all laugh loudly when she starts reading them aloud and Dahyun never saw Moonbin’s face this red.

 

“You guys really have no right to judge.” Chaeyeon reprimands. “You kept hitting on my best friend.” She points to Eunwoo and then turns to Dahyun sitting on the carpet. “And you keep saying that you wanted to confess to your unrequited love.”

 

Eunwoo and Dahyun’s laugh die out immediately. Dahyun felt slightly disappointed that she was so drunk that she didn't see Eunwoo flirting. He's terrible at it.

 

“What?” SinB looks to Dahyun at hearing Chaeyeon's words. “You have a crush on someone Dahyun?”

 

All four pairs of eyes land on Dahyun and her face heats up. Damn you romance enthusiast. Dahyun glares at Chaeyeon. “Can you stop telling that to people?” Dahyun complains.

 

“Sorry, It’s the hormones.” Chaeyeon looked genuinely sorry and Dahyun can’t fight a pregnant girl when she uses the pregnancy as an excuse.

 

“Who is it?” SinB asks, completely ignoring Dahyun’s frustrated sigh, apparently everyone is getting to know her secret except for the one that really matters.

 

"She won't tell you that." Chaeyeon warns. "She didn't even tell me her name when she was drunk."

 

SinB squints her eyes at the new piece of information. "If it's a girl then it must be one of her group of friends, she doesn't usually hang out with many people except for them and us." Then SinB jaw fell as she just seemed to figure out something. Dahyun feels her heart quicken and her palms sweating. "It's not me, it's it?"

 

Eunwoo barks out a laugh and Dahyun a sigh of relief. Moonbin laughs too even though he doesn't know who Dahyun's crush is. Chaeyeon and SinB being the only ones that looked deadly serious.

 

"It's not you." Dahyun laughs. "But I can't tell you who it is now, maybe later." Dahyun tries to close the subject.

 

"Let's make a deal…" Chaeyeon starts tentatively, speaking slowly trying to choose carefully her next words. "If you at least call this girl on a date tonight I promise I won't push you anymore."

 

Dahyun tries to think about that proposal, it would be nice to hang around Chaeyeon and Eunwoo in Chuseok without having Chaeyeon nagging her about her feelings. However, Chaeyeon is leaving to her parents house tonight which means that Dahyun has almost a week before seeing her again. Dahyun doesn't know if it's worth it, considering Chaeyeon won't be around and she doesn't know if she is ready for this step. Dahyun can't handle just being quiet anymore, that was what yesterday taught her, that she at least wants to try something.

 

If you keep pilling them up when a storm comes and your walls are unstable, the dam overflows, the walls will give in and break.

 

She said that if she doesn't do anything she will break.

 

"Okay." Dahyun agrees. "But don't press more after this." Dahyun picks her phone to text Sana.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter