Landed

Goodnight and Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter has finally come. It really took tooooo long. I hope you guys enjoy it. Thanks for all the kind comments on the last chapter, you guys really are amazing and that makes me want to write better and post more frequently.

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Dahyun left the doctors office on that Tuesday a little downcasted and dispirited. Even after all her hard exercise on physical therapy, that morning the doctor called her in his office and told her that it's most likely that she won't be able to play the next game, at least not without compromising her progress and possibly worsen the injury. They would reassess it but for now it’s probably better if she doesn’t try it. Although she doesn’t feel pain and can practice almost like before, the doctor is not sure.

 

Dahyun sat on the courtyard alone. Eunwoo wasn't able to accompany her, since he was on a last minute meeting before leaving for the holidays. Chaeyeon had called her, she was at home with her parents who went ballistic after the pregnancy bomb was dropped. Her coach already left for her trip. Dahyun's friends had plans so she didn't want to trouble them. Jihyo, Jeongyeon and Nayeon went to Jihyo's father's cabin in the mountains along with Tzuyu. Momo and Mina will be there after they finish their exams that morning. They invited all of the girls but Dahyun had to attend Lee's family Chuseok party and Chaeyoung was going home for the holidays too. She wasn't sure if Sana would be there.

 

After the day that they slept together, Sana had a change of attitude around Dahyun, her banters were barely there anymore and when she directs to Dahyun she is more careful and attentive. If this happened months ago, Dahyun would be glad, but now she only misses the bubbly Sana. However, this new serious Sana is painfully attractive too. Her charming smiles were not that constant now, but they didn't fail to put Dahyun's heart in an increased beat when they showed up. Dahyun also fears that maybe the sober Sana didn't plan to wake up with her in the morning. It was a little awkward to say at least. There was a heavy tension in the air when they woke up.

 

Dahyun woke up with her arms around a warmer body, messy red hair tickling at her neck and shoulder and when she glanced down Sana was already awake. Her lips were pressed in a thin line and her lower lip bitten by front teeth. Dahyun realizes she's pretty much imprisoning the girl, Sana's leg was no longer around her and the arm on her stomach had gone up to careful fingers to draw random shapes on the visible skin of her collarbone.

 

Dahyun retracts her arms immediately. Sana probably thinks Dahyun did something unforgivable. Please don't think I assaulted you. They both had their clothes so maybe not something unforgivable but the way she glances up, locking Dahyun on that hazel brown eyes makes Dahyun forget every coherent (and incoherent) thought. It makes Dahyun lose her breath. Her insides twisting and twirling, heart beating so fast that it could hurt, it should hurt but it doesn't. Dahyun knows that love is such a strong word and it's so ancient. It was the oldest story in the world. You fall in love with a girl that doesn't love you back. You get trapped in the limbo of loving someone who loves somebody else. You can't move on and you can get her. You can't get the girl. There's no win, only lose.

 

Dahyun knows all that but when she was looking back at Sana's eyes she didn't feel that pain, her heart soared, yes. Her heart soared with so much intensity that she thought it would hurt but it didn't. It burned. It burned and Dahyun felt the sudden rush on her blood, the adrenaline flowing through it. There's a shift in the air, Dahyun feels it with all her being. Dahyun couldn't hide it any longer, she loves Sana. She feels how everything inside her rearrange to accommodate this love, she already felt it before.

 

"Good morning." Sana's voice sounds husky in the morning. Thank God she spoked. Dahyun was about to do something stupid. Sana jumps away, almost hitting the wall behind her, eyes wide and fearful. "Oh my god, your shoulder." She sounds regretful.

 

Dahyun laughs all though she feels regretful too but by totally different things, regretful that she didn't enjoy more of having the chance to hold on to Sana like that and that she pulled away too fast, the magic gone taken by the morning breeze. "My shoulder is fine, don't worry."

 

Dahyun cooked her breakfast, hangover soup and grabbed a latte on the coffee shop down street ignoring the domestic of it Dahyun sits with Sana to eat. After eating breakfast, Dahyun finally says goodbye, even if she doesn't want to, even if she feels a pang at her chest because she wanted to be with Sana for so much longer, she wished for so much more. And when Sana walks her to the door, there's something in her expression, a look in her eyes, almost wishful.

 

"Dahyun." Speaking of the angel.

 

Sana walks slowly, biting her lower lip trying to muffle a smile.

 

"Sana." Dahyun scoots over on the bench to give her space.

 

"I thought you didn't have a exam today. Are you going with Momo and Mina to Jihyo's cabin?"

 

"No, I have a family thing, can't miss."

 

"What are you still doing here? Were you waiting for me to say goodbye?" Sana's voice was discarded from the playful and sultry flirtation tone, she had a cute and melodic tone.

 

Well, that wasn't exactly the truth. Dahyun planned to swing by the japanese trio's dorm later to say goodbye, but Sana's looking adorable biting her lips expectantly and with a hopeful glint in her eyes, Dahyun couldn't say no, so she nodded.

 

Sana's lips curve up in a charming smile. They stare at each other for a moment, Dahyun doesn't retreat from it. Sana was so beautiful with the sunlight hitting her face and hair. She was so damn attractive and stunning, even on her long sleeves and bomber jacket, only Sana could look so amazing in any season. Truly mesmerizing.

 

Dahyun gazed at her pink plump lips as they moved, but she couldn't catch what they were saying.

 

"Sorry?"

 

Sana giggles. "I said what are you doing here?"

 

"Oh." Dahyun's mood falls again, remembering the doctor's words. "I just came from a doctor's appointment."

 

Sana stares at her with concern. Dahyun had seen this look a lot in the past couple of days. "How did it go?" She asks carefully.

 

Dahyun sighs. "Not good."

 

"What happened?"

 

"I might not be able to play the next game."

 

"Oh, I'm sorry Dahyun." Sana looked genuinely sorry for her.

 

"It's okay." She dismisses it, feeling closing suddenly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter