Phobia

Goodnight and Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun spends some afternoons with Eunwoo again, those times that he finishes work early. She sleeps in his room some nights when reading and composing becomes late night overtime. Especially since Chaeyeon is there to spend a week with him. She watches when they are playing. And Dahyun finds it easier to pass time talking with her new sister-in-law. Most of the time because some other times Chaeyeon is bugging her to know who Dahyun's crush is.

 

"Have you told your parents about the baby?" Dahyun changes the subject.

 

"Not yet." Chaeyeon deflects visibly.

 

"Why?"

 

"I don't know how to say, hey dad you're gonna be a grandpa, you have a grandson and I got pregnant even before we completed a hundred days of dating. Dad will have a heart attack.” Chaeyeon rambles, passing around the room. She got up as soon as Dahyun asked about her parents.

 

Dahyun tries not to laugh because it is a serious matter. “Well, there’s this thing called protection. All the smart ones use it.”

 

“Your brother was there too, you know?” Chaeyeon glares.

 

This time Dahyun laughs.”Well, Myungsoo is dumb, but this shoot was meant for both of you.”

 

Chaeyeon sits back on the couch, Dahyun was glad she did because she was getting dizzy. “Stop, don’t make me more nervous. I’m pregnant!”

 

“Yeah, that’s old news now. Tell me something new.” Dahyun jokes.

 

“The news is that you are being demoted from godmother’s position.” Chaeyeon hits her shoulder. The good one.

 

Eunwoo arrives with food and Moonbin. Dahyun greets Moonbin and Chaeyeon runs for the food.

“How was physical therapy?” Eunwoo asks Dahyun, taking off his coat. The seasons were changing and it was getting colder outside as the sky became darker.

 

“Boring.” Dahyun answers robotically. Everybody has the same question when they see her. Her coach, her friends, her brother after Chaeyeon told him and she made him promise she won’t tell on her to their parents.

 

Eunwoo makes a face at her response, he chooses not to comment. Dahyun it’s grateful for it. Her shoulder was getting better everyday and she is taking different meds but the exercises on physical therapy were torture. First it was painful. So painful that Dahyun would let out whimpers and small embarrassing noises every time the doctor pushed her to do new exercises. Now, every time she only lets out huffs and scoffs because it’s the same repetitive boring move over and over. She feels better, her shoulder felt different, maybe stronger than before yet it was more delicate than before too. One wrong move and all her dreams will be crushed. It was a trainwreck that Dahyun couldn’t let happen. That’s why even if her stubborn brain kept telling her to do more, she refrained her body. Doing more could mean not be able to do it again later.

 

She was walking on thin ice and it was excruciating and frustrating how slow her pace has to be and sometimes (most of the time) she wants to just run fast and free. Dahyun was known to be patient and now this patience was being tested. Tested and tested every day. Every time she saw a bat, every time she spent hours in the gym doing annoying exercises while her teammates would be lifting heavy weights and battin balls on the field. Dahyun felt soulless, it had been more than ten days since she didn't even touch a bat. Every time she pleads with her coach to at least train in the cabin alone, with the simulator, she receives a polite smile and a no, said with a sweet motherly voice.

 

Eunwoo hands her a bento box with dinner, shaking in front of her to call her attention.

“Thanks.” Dahyun grabs it.

 

After eating Moonbin suggests playing video game, Chaeyeon accepts and Dahyun follows because Eunwoo goes to his room to do some paperwork. They play super smash bros, Moonbin and Dahyun losing to Chaeyeon until Eunwoo calls for Dahyun. Then he reads the new pages of the script with Dahyun by his side.

 

 

Make You Mine

 

Chapter three: The freak

 

Matthew thought that everything bad that happened in his life was his fault. He has a darkening creep aura that he cares around like spirits or bad omen.

 

His other brother left him the creepiest house to live in. The one that people said was haunted. Nobody sticks around. He was the only one bound, locked in that sinister place. Where he sleeps, where he eats, where he struggles to breathe.

 

Matthew was walking on the hallways again. There were talks about games and scores. Money and fancy cars, expensive bags. Gossips. He stops.

 

The girl is right there. Smiling. Flipping her hair and laughing. A heavenly sound.

 

Matthew was obsessed. He would look for the girl every school day. He found out that if he didn’t skip school on Monday he would see her in one of his classes.

 

He sees her playing volleyball with her girl friends on Tuesdays.

He observes her reading after lunch on Wednesdays.

He leaves after the class cleaning on Thursdays to be in the same group as her.

He watches as she plays the piano on Fridays.

 

There’s a boy who walks around her. This boy is the most popular one in the school. Popular with the girls. He always had one by his side. She was his new target.

 

Matthew saw this boy as one of his older brothers used to be. One girl leaves his room every night.

 

He hated that boy. He saw him trying to kiss her. The girl says no. He tried again. Matthew clenched his fist. A huge blow.

 

The boy falls with his back on the ground. His brothers always told Matthew he was super strong because he was tall and sculpted.

 

“What the hell?” The guy yells, rises from the ground and tries to start a fight.

 

Matthew looks at Somin. The girl had open in shock.

 

. Matthew thinks. He just scared her like he does with everyone.

 

“Hey!” The boy tries to call his attention.

 

People are gathering and whispering. Freak.

 

FREAK

 

FREAK

 

“He's a freak.”

 

Freak.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter