Swing

Goodnight and Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

So, everyone is pissed with Dahyun because she is way past the scared cat, she is frustrating and we can all agree with that. Don't worry, she will turn around. It's actually very common to have people that are so pessimistic and stuck inside their own hyperthinking brain, those people are usually a lot of work but it's worth it once you get to pass that neurotic bubble. So bear with her, bear with the story, we will have a happy end. I don't like writing angsty if it's not to have a happy end because as a pessimist myself I work hard to see the good in the world and see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's hard to see beauty in cold places but that's what makes life life. That being said I'm writing a lot more chapters than I intended, this is my legit first born, my baby and I can't seem to stop wanting to see it grow and grow. But it will and we are close to the finish line. I'm taking longer to post sometimes because I'm not satisfied with the chapters that's why the next one will take a few more days. 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

Dahyun was sliding down the dress that Eunwoo had zipped open. She hears her phone ringing through the other side of the curtain. Her phone was with Eunwoo outside.

 

"Who's it?" She asks from the inside.

 

"Sana."

 

Oh. Dahyun had momentarily forgotten about that. She can't run from it no matter where she is.

 

"Ignore it."

 

"Are you not going to talk to her?"

 

"Not right now."

 

Kim Dahyun you're such a coward.

 

There's steps and Dahyun figures Eunwoo is pacing around. The sound of snickers against the wood floor comes closer and Dahyun for a moment thinks he's about to enter the dressing room invading her privacy, by the way his steps become impatient. Not that any of what's inside there was a secret to him anyway.

 

Dahyun speaks up, while dressing her own clothes. "She will scold me for disturbing her relationship. And she totally has the right…" Dahyun slides on her jeans. "I just can't deal with it. I'm a coward, I know. I can handle the angry but I won't be okay if she says that I just ruined her relationship. I can't deal with the thought that my selfishness ruined her chance to be happy."

 

"Dahyun." She can see through the floor that Eunwoo came closer to the curtain, standing right behind it. "Dahyun you're not selfish. You're only human. It's gonna be okay. Just talk to her."

 

Dahyun stares at her reflection in the mirror. Eyes watering with the unshed tears. She was holding them back. "Yeah it will. I'll be okay. It doesn't matter." But it does. "I will wait until the holidays end and they will be okay and I won't mind.” She tells her reflection in the mirror, whispering so quietly so Eunwoo doesn't hear it. She was just a friend, even though it’s sad that’s all she had. Even though it breaks her in so many different and painful ways that’s all she could have.


 

Eunwoo takes half of the bags and lets Dahyun carry the rest, her part of the shopping madness. They bought so many baby's clothes. Dahyun couldn't help it, they were all so cute, that baby will definitely be spoiled and in fashion. Eunwoo reserved presents for the soon to be married couple. If Dahyun was over spending, Eunwoo lost track of his bank account. He reserved beds, King sizes more than four digit dollar's beds, and a lot of other expensive furniture. It would be Chaeyeon' choice. Dahyun would be freaking out with the amount if buying new and cute things didn't bring instant happiness. That's why people shop then. Dahyun didn't spend a lot anyway, considering that like Eunwoo she was the godmother and the maid of honor. Of course, Eunwoo was the best man and the godfather.

 

Eunwoo's waves at her before walking downstairs to the pool house. Dahyun was able to take her mind off of the recent drama but her feet and body were begging for her to rest. She was already tired before now she’s worn out. For an athlete she thought she was more fit than that, but going around stores and standing for hours was definitely more tiring than she expected. Maybe it was because Dahyun hates trying out clothes and go around holding bags all day. Eunwoo liked doing shopping so he took all the bags while they were walking around, not letting Dahyun force her shoulder. Even though she was tired and her bank account had a several leak, after getting ice cream and buying cute baby things she was feeling a lot better. Dahyun dropped the bags on the floor and jumped on the bed, feeling sore and spent. She couldn't rest though, she didn't have much time before dinner and Chaeyeon insisted that they would be dinning out, just the 'younger ones' like she said and her mother glared in response as Dahyun's mother laughed. Which could also mean "We are suffocating with all the party planning so we are going to have a breather."


 

Dahyun holds Eunwoo’s waist as he drives the motorcycle in the track by the beachfront. Minhee insisted on driving his quadricycle around the beach, so Eunwoo and Dahyun were forced by Han Na to drive by the sea-shore to make sure Minhee and the expensive vehicle didn’t end up underwater. The betrothed couple goes together in Myungsoo's car. The dinner was nice and the restaurant was calm and cozy located by the beachfront so they could hear the relaxing sound of the waves crashing on the shore. Eunwoo ordered the strawberry cake as dessert and Dahyun the devil's food cake because it was the only one on the menu with lots of chocolate. Surprisingly, Eunwoo's cake looked more appetising to her with the strawberries on top and in the middle.

 

Eunwoo looked at her puppy eyes. "Here." He takes a full bite size piece and feeds Dahyun, giving her the first bite. It tasted amazing. The cake melted in and the strawberry pieces were the only thing left. The strawberry taste lingering on her tongue reminding her of a certain japanese mouth and her kiss. Dahyun was appreciating the moment so much that her worries died down but now the kiss loop was back on track. As if Sana sensed that Dahyun was thinking about her, she called again. Dahyun stared at the screen, the clocking signaling that one minute had passed, then two. She was torn between answering and apologizing or just sticking to her plan and only dealing with it when she is home. She was truly lost. Three minutes passed and with the corner of her eyes she could see Eunwoo reach for it until his hand was grabbing her phone. Dahyun didn’t fight it when he put it in his pocket and it was out of her sight.

 

They paid the bill and Myungsoo went to buy pistachio ice cream that Chaeyeon was craving for. They walked to their parked vehicles. Eunwoo was walking ahead since he left the bathroom. It was already weird when he came back to the front of the restaurant as they waited for Myungsoo to pay the bill, he didn't look at Dahyun as he gave back her phone, it was turned off. When they walked to the beach, Minhee was talking with Chaeyeon about their studies in China. Dahyun pulls Eunwoo to the side and asks him what's wrong.

 

"Nothing, don't worry, you will know soon." It's all he says. As mysterious as it sounds, Dahyun just let him be.

 

As they waited on the beach, Eunwoo teaches her how to ride the quadricycle. With the salt wind messing her hair while she pilots the vehicle on the uneven ground of sand. She speeds up, enjoying the feeling, the rush on her veins and the strong wind hitting her face an new addiction. It was even better than when Eunwoo was the one piloting. She hears Eunwoo's laugh on her ears, and he speaks close to it. "Who knew Kim Dahyun had a wild side?"

 

The thing is her wild side was too careless. She drives too close to the shore and when the water comes and she tries to change directions she does it harshly. She should have been more careful because with the motion her phone ends up falling from her pocket as well as her mocassin when she pulls the brake. And by the time she realizes what happened and sees the small device shining under the moonlight it was too late. Eunwoo and her run to reach it but the waves drag him to the sea with Eunwoo falling right behind. He managed to save it, coming back with a pout and a sorry expression, the phone was dripping with sea water. Oh . She can't stop screwing up those days.

 

"That phone had all the melodies for the soundtrack and the ideas for the new client." She mourned the loss of the good device.

 

"We could try putting in the rice, if it doesn't work we will buy a new one tomorrow and you can restore all the information on the store. Don't worry." Eunwoo assures her.

 

Oh, yeah that could work. She totally forgot she was the tech expert.

 

After Minhee laughs over Dahyun's terrible luck and Eunwoo leaves the three of them eating ice cream on the beach to go with Dahyun to buy a pack of rice. They come back with the phone submerged in the pack and they go home.

 

Reaching the backyard porch, Eunwoo was saying goodnight since Dahyun had to go up and he would stay in the pool house on the corner. Dahyun was still upset about the phone thing, she wanted a distraction. "If my parents weren't here I would plead for you to sleep with me." Dahyun's words had no deeper meaning and she had no ill intentions. She was just relying on the serenity and comfort that Eunwoo is to her hectic, chaotic mind. Eunwoo's parents didn't mind them sleeping together but Dahyun's parents were more conservative and now with Chaeyeon's pregnancy they would be three times more guarded. Dahyun had shared the same bed with Eunwoo countless times and he's one of the few things that can make her sleep restorer. That and Sana's arms. Okay, don't go in that labyrinth again.

 

Eunwoo smiles, the twinkle in his eyes shining on the dark night. The light bulb moment. "You can sleep with us in the pool house, Minhee is there, they won't think anything bad. We can watch movies all night if you want."

 

And they did, they watched two action movies then played video games for the rest of the night. Minhee tried to cheat, messing with Dahyun's controller or covering her eyes and Eunwoo winning to both of them in Smash.

 

Dahyun woke up to Minhee's snores as he sleep on the bedside couch and to Eunwoo gently shaking her shoul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter