Swing - Part III

Goodnight and Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The ride to the hotel is quiet and Dahyun didn't mind the silence until she went to their room and saw a king size bed. One bed. And Dahyun hates cliches but it seemed planned. Did Chaeyeon make Eunwoo choose a couples bed instead of two? Dahyun shakes her head, feeling silly for being paranoid. Not even Chaeyeon could plan that. It was Sana's idea to invite her there. Sana who is looking petrified by the door and looks almost as pale as Dahyun until she catches Dahyun looking and her cheeks tint bright red in the same minute.

 

Oh.

One bed.

Oh.

 

Dahyun just realized the implication of all her actions. 'I will take you there.' she said. There's only one bed. Here it goes to not make Sana uncomfortable. But Sana was the one who called her there, right. What if she regretted it?

 

 

Dahyun looks to the comfortable white couch close to a large table in the corner. The table that had one bottle of champagne and two glasses on top. Okay, Chaeyeon definitely set this up. Damn you romance enthusiast.

 

"I will sleep on the couch." She announces startling Sana.

 

"What?"

 

"I will sleep on the couch." Dahyun repeats, trying to appear nonchalant. She takes the menu placed on the table. In the dinner she ate so little being constantly distracted by Minhee's monologues about her game and Eunwoo's insistence for her to meet every important guest like she was one of the hosts and except for the little bites of the chocolate cake she had with Chaeyeon she didn't eat much and now she's hungry again. "Want something to eat?"

 

"Dahyun!" Sana groans because of her fake indifference. "What?"

 

"They have black forest cake and red velvet with strawberries." Dahyun informs, pretending that Sana's question was about the menu.

 

Sana chuckles seeing Dahyun's red ears and nervous rambling. "Why would you sleep on the couch?"

 

Because you're my biggest tentation.

 

My unique tentation.

 

The only one to get under my skin.

 

"It looks comfortable." She curses herself internally for not having a better excuse.

 

"More than expensives linen sheets and king size bed?" Sana questions, Dahyun doesn't miss the sarcastic tone.

 

"Sure." Dahyun tries to hold on to her lie.

 

Sana huffs, she had enough. And Dahyun was being so silly. There were all adults. Kinda of. "Kim Dahyun what a girl has to do to get you to bed?" Sana's volume was a little too loud but her tone was playful.

 

Dahyun laughs, getting closer to Sana, relaxing at the same time just by feeling the heat from the older girl's body radiating to her. It's incredible really. The girl she likes is there and Dahyun is not running away, hiding or trying to deny it. She is going for her and Sana is letting her.

 

Dahyun feels tempted to take her hand. She wants to feel the electric sensation of touching the other girl's skin. It awakes her whole body. It feels so good. So alive and yet terrifying. She doesn't do it. "I didn't want you to be uncomfortable." She admits bashfully.

 

"Dahyun." Sana laughs like Dahyun words were absurd. "You never make me uncomfortable."

 

Dahyun has no more objections after that. Her heart quickens like it does when Sana's voice drops to sweet tone and kind words.

 

"Okay." She agrees. She hopes she won't regret it later. Because the thought of Sana's bare skin against her like the last time makes her stomach pull and jolts. She doesn't know if she can handle that again.

 

They settle on the bed after Dahyun enjoys a ramen bowl that she shares with Sana. They ignore the champagne. IDahyun puts it on the mini freezer on the other side of the bedroom. They also took a shower (separately) and Dahyun borrowed Sana one of her hoodies and sweatpants.

 

The silence fills the room as they lie on the bed, staring at the ceiling. Dahyun didn't know how to start a conversation. She's still having trouble processing the fact that the one she has been running away and longing for at the same time is right by her side in the bed.

 

Sana as always is the most upgoing and brave of the two so she starts a simple conversation. "You brother really looks like you." She says.

 

Dahyun smiles to the white ceiling. "Yeah, he does." Dahyun wondered what his kid would look like. Chaeyeon has pale skin like Dahyun, not as much as her but more than Myungsoo and she has big eyes and a beautiful smile. The boy would be a constant headache if he was as good looking as Eunwoo was like a kid.

 

"He has chubby cheeks too." The corner of Sana's lips tugs up, she turns, settling on her side to look at Dahyun. She pokes Dahyun's left cheek before caressing the now red skin.

 

Dahyun lets out a loud awkward laugh at the contact. They stand in silence again. Dahyun curses herself for not being braver.

 

Sana one more time was assigned to the job of holding the conversations and also started then. "Hey, thank you."

 

Dahyun furrows her eyebrows suddenly confused. "For what?"

 

"For this room. For letting me tag along with the engagement party, I had fun." Sana moves a little closer to her.

 

"It's not the engagement…" She was about to correct like all the times her and Eunwoo did it to Chaeyeon but she realized it would sound silly to Sana. And she was right, Sana laughs, filling the large and cold room with a warm and melodic sound. Dahyun lets the sound fill her body too. The nerves already awaken for the current situation and now on high alert. "It was nothing, It was the least I could do. " Since you came all the way here.

 

Dahyun turns to the side to see Sana staring at her with that breathless intensity again. Her eyes fall on Sana’s lips. She wanted to kiss them so badly, all night she had been holding this desire. Maybe longer than that, she felt like this since the day Eunwoo figured it out her crush. Who’s most definitely not just a crush and who’s lying right beside her, closely, heads almost sharing the same pillow. If Dahyun leaned forward just a few centimeters their noses would bump. And she does, she couldn’t resist. Her lips met other soft ones briefly.

 

Dahyun backs away, uneasy and sheepish. She just stole another kiss from Sana. Dahyun opens her eyes t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter