Reminiscent

Goodnight and Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chaeyoung is waiting for her by the door of their room. Dahyun's suitcase is by her side as she is sitting on hers. "What happened? You're late if you don't run you'll miss the train."

 

Dahyun had speed walked around the campus for God knows how long. Her mind was blank and the only thing she could sense was a racing heart and tingling lips. She didn’t even decide to go home, her legs took her there automatically.

 

"Sorry, let's go." Dahyun grabs the string of her luggage, Chaeyoung grabs her wrist.

 

"What happened?" Chaeyoung asks, eyebrows furrowed.

 

Dahyun sighs, but soon everyone will know anyway. "I kissed Sana."

 

Chaeyoung goes silent in shock. That was definitely not what she was expecting. After a few seconds she releases Dahyun's wrist to hug her. "Finally! Good! I'm so happy for you" Chaeyoung exclaims, holding her like Dahyun just won the baseball season.

 

"No good." Dahyun grimace.

 

Chaeyoung frowns again, in confusion this time. "Why not? She's kinda obvious at her feelings for you. If you kissed her that means you like her too, right?"

 

 

Dahyun scoffs hearing the absurd of Chaeyoung's words. Dahyun just saw Daniel waiting for Sana, how can anyone even think Sana likes her? Apparently, Chaeyoung and Dahyun a minute ago, more precisely her lips because she couldn't hold them back and now she's in that mess.

 

Chaeyoung stares at her a little confused, browns furrowed and a look in her eyes like she knows something that Dahyun doesn't. She's about to say something but Dahyun looked so distressed and heartbroken that maybe she doesn't press further.

 

Dahyun was dragging her suitcase down the lobby with Chaeyoung in tow when Eunwoo called her phone. She glances at the time on her phone. 14:27. , my train leaves at three.

 

"Eunwoo, hey, I'm sorry, I'm really late." She cursed under her breath. Chaeyeon will be really sad if she misses the engagement announcement. Her family will be disappointed if she misses the Chuseok again like last year where she chose to spend time in Jihyo's family cabin with the girls.

 

"Yeah, I know. Where are you?"

 

"I'm leaving now."

 

"You're leaving your room? Where are you exactly?"

 

"I'm down the lobby, I will take a cab-" Eunwoo interrupts her.

 

"Oh, I see you."

 

Dahyun looks around at her surroundings. Chaeyoung is patiently waiting for her phone call to end, even though she could be late too.

 

 

"Look to your left." Eunwoo says. Dahyun turns to the left, searching for him but she can't see him or his car. Was he messing with her?

 

"You look like a kid who's lost in the mall. Should I call security?" Eunwoo teases.

 

Dahyun curses again. Her mood and reaction to those kinds of jokes are usually better but after just ruining her friendship with Sana her patience is running low. "Lee Dongmin, I'll kick you where it hurts the most." She threatens, she won't do it but her voice was scary enough.

 

Chaeyoung is staring at her surprised and a little amused. It's not every day she gets to see Dahyun curse, more like never. Especially if she's talking to her beloved Eunwoo.

 

Eunwoo gasps pretending to be hurt by her words."Why so grumpy? That's no way to treat your saviour."

 

Dahyun huffs. Is he drunk? "Why saviour exactly?"

 

Eunwoo doesn't answer but a grey K7 parks right in front of Dahyun and Chaeyoung.

 

"Get in." He says over the phone before actually leaving the car to open the door for her and Chaeyoung.

 

"What a gentleman." She says patting his right shoulder.

 

Eunwoo scrunch a face, faking a hurt. "I don't like your tone." He points to Dahyun just like he scolds his young brother. Dahyun rolls her eyes. Eunwoo turns to Dahyun's side, Chaeyoung was quietly enjoying their bickering. "Chaeyoung I can drive to your parents if you want."

 

 

"I don't wanna trouble you. I already have a ticket so it's okay." Chaeyoung politely declines but Dahyun could see she was tempted to accept.

 

"It's not a problem, you can change your ticket on the internet, I can show you how." Eunwoo says.

 

Dahyun feels bad for being a , Eunwoo is nice enough to even give Chaeyoung a ride. Chaeyoung's house was right by Dahyun's. It was on the way to Eunwoo's parents but still makes her glad that Eunwoo was a nice guy to her friends.

 

Chaeyoung nods, clearly not wanting to waste a comfortable trip in Eunwoo's expensive car. "Okay then."

 

"Let me put those in the trunk." Eunwoo reaches for Dahyun’s suitcase then Chaeyoung’s.

 

 

The trip was quiet and it would've been peaceful if Dahyun's thoughts weren't so disturbing and loud. She couldn't get away from the soft feeling of Sana's lips. Her mind was replaying it over and over and Dahyun was growing insane.

 

Eunwoo let her fumble with the radio changing songs every five minutes while Chaeyoung was sleeping in the back seat. It was good that they weren't forcing her to talk it through but it was so hard not having a distraction.

 

When they left Chaeyoung on her front porch, by the way her best friend stare at her, Dahyun knew that when they had the time Chaeyoung would force her to come clean about the whole Sana incident and she won't let Dahyun in peace until Dahyun confessed her feelings. What Dahyun could do anyway? She did let the secret out by kissing Sana that way, so she can't escape the consequences and there's no way out of this hole.

 

Dahyun was aware that she couldn't escape from it, however she could delay dealing with it until she came back. She is already in deep waters so who cares when she will face it? Thinking like that, she ignored Sana's calls and messages. She would scroll her finger to the side on her phone every time the notification showed Sana's name. Her hands will be shaking, her heart will be clenching and her stomach will be twisting uncomfortably. It was mean and really unmature of her but she was already having a hard time enduring the pain and the wanting to repeat that kiss, so she could totally wait for the decisive heartbreak.

 

The whole ride from the university to Eunwoo’s family beach house and Chaeyoung’s house in between took a little more than three hours because Eunwoo drived fast and it was kind of early to the holiday rush. Dahyun had skipped lunch and she only had a slice of pizza from the other day as breakfast. She was not in the mood to eat but her body was weak and craving for food, fortunately Han Na prepared for them a feast. Minhee was cracking jokes and telling what he learned in China. Eunwoo talked about the web-drama and Dahyun joined the conversation when she was asked to. Dahyun’s parents hadn’t arrived yet, they would come only on Thursday morning, Myungsoo would pick them. Dahyun doesn’t mind being alone with Eunwoo’s family and sleeping in their beach house, she was familiar with it. It’s easy to be comfortable when she used to have dinner with them often on the weekends and travel together on holidays.


 

It was almost 1 am, Eunwoo found Dahyun sitting alone around the pool. Dahyun wasn’t really trying to hide, if she was she should have done a better job because Eunwoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter