Be My Escape

Goodnight and Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When Eunwoo comes home earlier, in the middle of the afternoon and he finds Dahyun hanging up a call from Sana. Quite different from no more than three months ago, when Dahyun was shaking and teary eyes without no need to confess that she likes Sana more than a friend, Dahyun was now sitting on the floor, smiling from ear to ear and had a lovesick puppy expression.

 

Eunwoo laughs as soon as his eyes find Dahyun’s, because really she couldn’t hide that stars filled eyes, Eunwoo could remember that look very well, Kim Dahyun only has it when she’s talking about something that she loves, that she’s passionate about. She has it when she talks about her dreams.

 

“I thought you were hiding.” Eunwoo says, dropping his keys on the coffee table. Does Eunwoo know about her hide or flee thing?

 

Dahyun turns red in a minute. Was she still hiding? Not really. For someone that weeks ago was hiding or fleeing, she couldn’t really understand herself. Because now she seemed to run straight to fire, chasing Sana. Sana was a sweet (and gorgeous) pill that she was swallowing every day to counter her addiction. And boy, she was getting addicted. Really addicted.

 

“You should really just confess already.” Eunwoo goes on and Dahyun's smile drops.

 

She won’t do that. Even if she is comfortable and enjoying this new development in their relationship, she won’t confess. Sana has Daniel. She doesn’t stand a chance. Eunwoo was walking to the bathroom to take a shower after practice, Dahyun ran in front of him, to win the non-existing argument in a petty way, she cut in line and closed the door in Eunwoo’s face.

 

“HEY.” He wails.

 

Thursday and Dahyun still didn't accept most of the phone calls, except, surprisingly, when Sana was the one who had been texting. The funny thing was that the older girl seemed to have sensed that something was wrong as she kept calling and texting Dahyun all the time, double from what she usually did. As long as she doesn't ask difficult questions Dahyun kept on replying. Thankfully, Sana never did. Why Sana, the curious and inquisitive Sana doesn't question why Dahyun was not showing up those days, Dahyun doesn't know but she thinks is better that way. What Dahyun knows is that she at hiding because she can't help but accept the call every time Sana calls.

 

Eunwoo accompanies her to the doctor again, catching a medical discharge for the missed classes and taking a battery of exams. The doctor said the swelling was subsiding and it seems like it wasn't the rotator cuff and she possibly had a sprain in another tendon. He recommended physical therapy to strengthen the shoulder. Dahyun's blood was ringing loud in her ears when they left the office. Heart hammering against her chest.

 

Dahyun was forcing herself not to think of the outcome of this, but she can't help but think that maybe she won't be able to play for months or at least she probably won't be able to make into the finals. She is trying to be positive, especially since Eunwoo goes by her side every time her thoughts get heavy and harmful. Must be something on her face because she can't even notice herself that she is getting trapped in the bad thoughts maze when Eunwoo pull her close by the hand. She snaps out of it as he sits by her side on the piano, playing easy and slow tunes so Dahyun won't have to force herself. They play together until Dahyun doesn't remember what she was thinking about. Just like in highschool Dahyun was again hiding behind the piano. Only this time Eunwoo wasn't sleeping, he was by her side, playing with her.

 

Eunwoo's sister is waiting at the door when they arrive. Dahyun always found Chaeyeon pretty, actually the whole Lee's family are of undeniable beauty. Yet, tonight Chaeyeon looked like she was actually glowing. Must be a pregnant thing.

 

"Chae, what are you doing here?" Eunwoo rushes to hug her.

 

"Well, I came early." She says holding him tight.

 

Eunwoo rolls his eyes at the obvious statement. Dahyun snickers.

 

"Kim Dahyun!" Chaeyeon is surprised but clearly pleased to see her there.

 

"Hey! Long time no see." Dahyun greets and tries not to scrunch her face in pain when Chaeyeon hugs her too.

 

Eunwoo sees it and comes to her help.

 

"Chae, enough. Let's come inside, Dahyun will be with us for a while." Eunwoo gently grabs his sister by the arm and drags her inside with a red Dahyun in tow at Chaeyeon's shocked face at the information. She doesn't question it though. It's funny how Chaeyeon and Eunwoo are so much alike and yet so different. Eunwoo is curious and inquisitive, he's respectful of course, but when he wants something or desires to know something he doesn't stop. Chaeyeon is more retracted and into her own world. Dahyun likes it. It's been a long time since she saw one of Eunwoo's siblings. I guess that's about to change with the new situation.

 

They talk all afternoon until Moonbin comes home with food and one of Eunwoo's friends by his side, Sanha. They ask for take out, fried chicken, pizza, hamburgers and a lot of dumplings. A lot of food, maybe too much for only five people, however, Dahyun is glad to be in their presence, specifically seeing how Eunwoo is happy with all of them together. One more of Eunwoo's friends appears at the middle of dinner, Rocky, whose real name Dahyun just came to know was Minhyuk, but everybody just calls him Rocky. MJ and Jinjin are right behind him.

 

Eunwoo is sitting in a chair in front of the couch where Dahyun is sitting, he’s within her field of vision, facing Moonbin who’s back was turned to Dahyun. Chaeyeon is sitting between Dahyun and MJ. Rocky is on his knees, by the side of Eunwoo and Moonbin’s chairs, hand in the middle of their connected thighs, Sanha is by the other side. They were thigh wrestling, Eunwoo and Moonbin were the finalists. Dahyun doesn't even remember how it started.

“1,2,3 and start.” Jinjin whistle. Rocky takes away his hand. Sanha howls loudly.

 

Moonbin is on the offensive side, trying to cut open Eunwoo’s legs. Eunwoo is on defense, strongly holding Moonbin thighs in the same position, preventing them from open further.

 

“Are they always like this?” Chaeyeon asks for both MJ and Dahyun by her side.

 

“Yes.” Both of them answer at the same time.

 

Dahyun doesn’t spend a lot of time with all of them, but she does it with Moonbin when she hangs around with Eunwoo and she discovers that if they are comfortable and in private they are childish most of the time. Just like when Eunwoo changed Sana’s contact name.

 

“Moonbin is really strong...” MJ says.

 

“And Eunwoo is really competitive.” Dahyun continues, agreeing.

 

With a shameful yet in tune high pitch scream, Moonbin falls back on his chair, a little dizzy. Eunwoo is declared the winner.

 

After the other boys said goodbye and went home, Eunwoo picked up his things and left to sleep at Moonbin's room, wanting to leave the girls comfortable by themselves.

 

Eunwoo took the air mattress but left the tent. Since Dahyun can't sleep in there because of her shoulder and Chaeyeon is pregnant they shared the bed. Is a king size double bed so it fits comfortably to both of them.

 

"Dahyun, are you sleeping?" Chaeyeon asks in the dark room.

 

Dahyun is facing the ceiling however her eyes are closed. She hums in response, she's quite tired yet she can't fall asleep.

 

"I wanna tell you something." Chaeyeon confessed.

 

Dahyun is struck with a deja vu feeling. More than a month ago Eunwoo said basically the same thing before telling her she has a neph

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter