I Can't Stop Me Part II

Goodnight and Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was in the middle of the week and Sana was trying to keep up with homework, projects and her actual job and although is tiring and sometimes boring to stay in front of numbers and letters on books and notebooks all morning just to be in front of numbers and letters in the computer all afternoon to at night go back to books and notebook but Sana just does everything the way she always did with a smile and the incapability of being still. 

 

Today she was even more restless. Dahyun was not there. After sleeping on her desk by her side, they ran off to pick up the bus for school. Fortunately Sana had enough time to shower which didn't appear to be the case for the younger girl who had to run to submit a project with a deadline. Sana barely had time to say bye before Dahyun was running in the opposite direction. If Dahyun's back didn't look so y, Sana probably would have felt more guilty for not waking her up when her alarm went off. It's not her fault that Dahyun looked so cute sleeping. 


 

Dahyun didn't show up for work on the time she usually comes. Chaeyoung said she was staying at school for practice because her team barely won the last game, Chaeyoung didn't have to mention but her face and Tzuyu frown when she said those words made Sana sure that Dahyun feels guilty about the game. Sana doesn't get too much out of Dahyun like she wants to but from what she observed and from what others told her Dahyun is very strict and perfectionist with everything she does. This makes Sana worried, she can’t help but think that Dahyun is probably beating herself up about something that she had done completely okay, perfectly even but she will just be too hard on herself. So Sana can't help but worry. 


 

After three hours of tapping her feet on the floor and the keyboard, Sana finally breaks in and asks Chaeyoung when Dahyun will be coming. Nayeon and Jihyo were out on a meeting and Jeongyeon was buying coffee and snacks. Momo snorts at Sana’s poor attempt at pretending to sound disinterest. 


 

"She will be here in a hour or so, she texted me a while ago saying that practice ended." Chaeyoung doesn't even look up from the digital table as she answered. Tzuyu was looking at the drawing too. "Although she always stays behind for an hour or two so I wouldn't really know if she is coming."


 

Mina turns in her chair tapping Momo's laptop so she could stop teasing Sana's pout to Chaeyoung's answer. Momo gives a pout of her own but focuses again on the work. Sana can't help but smile at that. Everyone either has a soft spot for Mina or is scared of her. "She will be here soon. She left a lot of things programmed to do today." Mina turned her chair back to Dahyun's laptop, there was a lot of computer language passing by on a black screen on hers and she was typing something similar on Dahyun's. 


 

That sentence bothered Sana way more than Dahyun’s delay. The younger girl will be giving her all on the practice even going as far as staying overtime just to come at work and do the same?


 

“Is she always so dedicated to everything she does?” The words left before she could even register. Why is Dahyun trying so hard? Why is she so serious? Is that why Sana can’t get too close to her? Because Sana sometimes looks more carefree?


 

“Oh yeah.” Chaeyoung stops her work getting up and walking over to the fridge that Mina brought to pick a bottle of water, she offers around passing to Mina first. “When she was in high school before baseball she used to spend all her time in the conservatory and library. Her routine was like school, music, library, music and home.” Chaeyoung sits back in her chair but doesn't resume to work just yet. “Even on weekends too.”


 

“Conservatory?” Sana is surprised that it's not herself who asks but Momo.


 

“Yeah, Dahyun was a music genius.”


 

“She was?” Momo’s brows frown in confusion. Sana can’t blame her. Dahyun is definitely full of surprises.


 

“Pianist and composer, she would try music scholarship before she discovered baseball.” Chaeyoung goes back to her drawing just as Jeongyeon enters the room juggling with a cupboard and two paper bags. Momo rushes to the food and Sana to help the older girl.


 

-

 

Dahyun was not showing up to work and something was wrong. Sana could feel it. Sana could notice it. She complained about that with Momo and Mina. Sana followed Mina's advice the other day. The younger girl said that Sana should stay behind to keep Dahyun from working too much. Dahyun seemed stressed and looked really tired after coming from baseball practice. Sana could see what Mina wanted her to do, ease the younger girl's mind. And it was the best night of her life, she got to cuddle with Dahyun. But now Dahyun was avoiding her, Sana just knows by the way that Dahyun panicked when she woke up. 


 

“She's just busy and tired." Mina says, trying to appease Sana's worries.


 

"We are all very busy, you know? Tomorrow is finally the big day." It's Momo's turn to comfort Sana and she does it in her own weird way. 


 

Yes, tomorrow. Tomorrow Sana will have to present their game to some of the heads of Woohoo games if everything goes well their company will finally be baptized in the app games field. Sana can't afford to screw up or get distracted. They work too hard for it, including Dahyun who was the owner of the idea, the one who started it all. Sana can't let her down. She wishes to make her proud. Sana wants Dahyun to complete every single thing that she plans and she wants to be a part of it. Sometimes she wishes to be the one who could make it happen. To be the one that could grant all her wishes. Sana just wants to be the one for her all the time.


 

--


 

Some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter