Mercy Part II

Goodnight and Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come on sugar don't you leave early. I'm tired of counting myself back to sleep. 

Why we always gotta fret about it? There's nothing to regret about it."

 

 

"Dahyun is here!" Sana announces as they pass through the door. Dahyun with a slight frown notices that Sana didn't say anything about Daniel. But what really concerns her is Sana's weird tone. Why does she look pissed? Did her and Daniel fight and we interrupted them?

 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu come to her side. They haven't talked since yesterday afternoon. She didn't even remember if she informed them she wasn't sleeping in her room. "Hey bro." Chaeyoung fist bump with Dahyun's. Tzuyu only smiles to greet her. "I heard you had fun last night."

 

Dahyun jerks her head to look at Moonbin so fast that her neck cracks.

 

Moonbin raises his hand up in the air. "I didn't say anything." He pleads his innocence.

 

Chaeyoung chuckles. "Yeah, he didn't. Chaeyeon called saying you wouldn't be sleeping at home."

 

"Good to know because I have a copy of Chaeyeon's blackmail material." Dahyun threatens.

 

"How much do you want for that?" SinB asks.

 

"I will pay double for you to delete it." Moonbin offers.

 

"Okay, okay now back off you two, I want to greet her too." Says Nayeon, Momo was by her side waiting for her turn too.

 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu move to the side to give Momo and Nayeon space.

 

Dahyun hugs both of them and greets the other girls before getting pulled to the side by SinB.

 

“What happened back there?”

 

Dahyun tries to feign ignorance. “What?”

 

SinB rolls her eyes. Moonbin was approaching them. “I thought you liked a girl.” SinB speaks loud enough for the closest from them to hear, which unfortunately it was Jihyo and Nayeon. Dahyun quickly looks to the older girls to check if they heard it. Luckily they didn’t seem to catch it. A relief sigh leaves Dahyun’s lips.

 

Dahyun turns back to the younger and glaring at her. Dahyun can’t think of a good lie so she settles for the truth. “ He was annoying me so I was wrestling him.” Half true. I wanted to hide and Eunwoo almost exposed me but it totally backfired.

 

They settle on the big table. There's a lot of food, seafood and steaks. There are still people cooking in the kitchen. Dahyun is sitting between SinB and Chaeyoung. Moonbin is on SinB's other side. Dahyun looks up to see Daniel sitting between Sana and Jihyo. The japanese was staring right at her steak. Dahyun wishes she could read her expression because Sana was awfully quiet. As if sensing Dahyun's eyes were on her, Sana raises her gaze from her plate and places it across the table, on Dahyun's face. Dahyun's cheeks heat up by being caught staring. Dahyun just kept looking at Sana, wondering if she should say something or approach her later because Sana seemed a little bummed about something.

 

Jihyo interrupts their little moment. She gets up and proposes a toast. Only Dahyun, Mina and Moonbin weren't drinking alcohol who also seemed to learn his lesson. Dahyun is glad she is drinking juice because yesterday rounds of toast is what got her with a headache. She won't be drinking tonight. She barely got rid of the hangover. Besides, if yesterday and Chaeyeon’s videos proof teached her something is that she not only gets braver when she’s drunk but she also gets stupid. So if Dahyun was to get drunk tonight and Sana was right in front of her she would do something brave and stupid like confess or kiss her. Eunwoo is not there to prevent her from doing those kind of stupid/brave things and without her conciousness she would have no barrier that could stop her from profess her love in front of everyone including Sana’s date.

 

It doesn't take long for them to be competing for the karaoke machine again. Dahyun was on her phone waiting for Eunwoo's reply and trying to distract herself from Sana singing with Nayeon and Jihyo. The japanese girl's voice was so melodic. If Dahyun didn't know better she would think that she was the one drinking because Sana's singing could only be described as an angel calling to her ears. Why does she have to be good in everything? It's bad enough that she is gorgeous, funny, smart, gentle and cute. Dahyun smiles at the sight of Sana puffing her cheeks when Jihyo sings too loud at one part of the song. Dahyun glanced at her side, Mina and Chaeyoung were dancing together.

 

Then it starts to go down again. Why is she always caught in situations like that? Maybe Dahyun has to be studied in a lab because it is not normal to always be stuck in the same circumstances. She feels a deja vu coming again when it's Momo's turn to choose a song and she turns the karaoke machine down, trading it for the Bluetooth speaker. Dahyun has a feeling she's gonna need to brace herself. She puts on a latin music again and Dahyun senses her breathing labouring. Sana was called on the floor again. Dahyun's throat got dry. Sana has a short dress this time and when she dances it goes even higher. Too much skin was showing and Dahyun was having a momentary fever. Sana was wiggling her body with the music, touching her hair in a y way.

 

Then just like the last time she glances around the room, looking for something and she finds Dahyun staring at her in the back. Sana gets her undivided attention. The japanese smirk, satisfied that Dahyun was locked in her gaze. Here we go again. Why does Sana get so much satisfaction in teasing her? She plays with Dahyun’s mind for no good reason.

 

If looks could kill.

 

Dahyun is filled with a sudden desire. It hits her body like shock (heated) waves. It's something new and totally unfamiliar in its intensity. Her palms are sweating and her skin is tingling, it's very different from the numb feeling that you have when you limb fell asleep because her body was burning up and really awake. She gulps down all her juice hoping that the cold drink could relieve her dried mouth and hot cheeks. It doesn't work. Why was the air-conditioned turned off? Because it feels like the room is on fire. She wants to look to the side to see which temperature is set on but she can't look away from Sana's brown eyes not even when she grabs Mina's half drinked water bottle by the table. It doesn't help to calm the heat coating her body but it does help to swallow the knot in .

 

Momo goes on the floor again. Sana twirls and everybody hoots. Something changes when she catches Dahyun still staring. Is she smiling? Thankfully, the song ends. Everybody screams and applauds in awe. They are definitely impressive.

 

Then Chaeyoung wanted a chance to kiss Mina, so she suggested a truth or dare game. Like high school kids they adjust themselves in a circle. Nayeon promptly arranges the seats after doing a childish protest. Dahyun is in the middle of Chaeyoung and SinB, Moonbin is on SinB's other side again and Tzuyu besides Chaeyoung. Sana was right in front of Dahyun with Mina and Momo on each side of her. Daniel was beside Moonbin and Momo.

 

In the middle of the game Chaeyoung got her wish granted and she got dared by Momo to kiss Mina. So she did. In front of everyone. Which rendered Nayeon to push them to the employee's bathroom and they locked themselves there. Dahyun was happy that Chaeyoung finally got her chance. If Daniel wasn't a two body's way from her, Dahyun would jump at every opportunity when the soju bottle stops right in front of her. If she would get dared to kiss somebody in the room she could use it as an excuse to taste those lips, but Daniel was there as a reminder that those lips were already taken and all she can it's appreciate the sight.

 

The bottle stops in front of her again, this time pointing directly at her, the other side was pointing to Nayeon. The older girl glances to her left where the japanese duo is sitting and then she smirks mischievously while looking at Dahyun.

 

Dahyun feels sweat forming in the back of her neck and in the palm of her hands. They got the attention of everyone in the room.

 

"Truth or dare?" Nayeon asks.

 

Dahyun's heart starts racing as her mind plays out all the scenarios of what could happen if she chooses one or the other. Dahyun chooses the one that looks like it will have less damaging consequences because you could never know when it comes to Im Nayeon.

 

"Truth."

 

The second mistake of the day.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter