One Step, Two Step

Goodnight and Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone sorry for the delay, I really didn't expect to take almost a month on this chapter. I promise we are in the finish line just a few more chapters to go.  This was based on oh my girl - one step, two step. I hope you guys like it.

 

------------------

 

 

 

 

Sana feels like screaming on her pillow, she can’t because Momo is sleeping soundly on the floor. Why she is sleeping on the floor and not in her bed in her room is a mystery but Sana can really judge her life choices at least not today. Dahyun ran away. Sana was drunk. Well, not that drunk to not feel the cold spot on her stomach after Dahyun said goodnight and left. Sana felt her heart sink at the same time but the feeling subdued when Dahyun kissed her forehead. There goes Momo's plan, there it goes to flirt her way in. Although she did get a sweet goodnight kiss and not just one but two. Sana could be okay with that because it means Dahyun's warming up to her. If she is, maybe Jihyo is right, she just has to be patient because Dahyun is definitely worth it.

 

Sana leaves her bed to take a shower, trying not to wake Momo. She must have taken a long time because when she walked to the live room Mina and Momo were sitting in the middle of the room eating food on the coffee table. There's a bowl closed and wrapped which probably is for her.

 

Momo was putting her spoon down when Sana hit the back of her head with a cushion. The girl coughs the soup a few times, Mina gives to her a glass of water, the older girl gulps it down in one go, still coughing furiously and Sana feels bad for a moment seeing Momo’s eyes filling with reflexive tears.

 

The older girl opens and Sana feels like hitting her again.

 

"What's your damage?" Momo is still coughing furiously. Mina pours more water on her cup.

 

 

"You gave me bad advice." She points the spoon at her accusingly. Momo only gives her a blank look.

 

Sana unwrapped the take out box, steam and inciting smell leaving through the open bowl. Her stomach grumbles and the soup tastes so good that she takes three full spoons before answering Momo.

 

"I asked Dahyun to spend the night."

 

Mina glances up staring at Sana wide-eyed. Momo blinks a few times before whistling.

 

“So? We all know she is skilled with her fingers and hands. Welcome.”

 

Sana groans, face going red at the thought of skilled hands and fingers. She almost hits the older girl again but Mina stops her, she looks at Momo almost sternly.

 

“Did you see her there when you woke up? Dahyun is not like that.” Mina says.

 

Sana knew this, Mina had told her that a thousand times, Jihyo said it last night too. If she had listened to their advice instead of letting her impulsiveness lead the way she wouldn’t have felt so heartbroken at the implicit rejection. Did Dahyun know she was asking for more than just sleep?Is that why she ran away? If she does know, that means Sana was rejected. That thought makes her stomach antsy. She would’ve been okay if they just cuddle to sleep like they did on the movie night. But Sana had to follow Momo’s advice, she just had to rush things and scare the younger girl away.

 

“Yeah, well… Sana would’ve liked it if she was.” Momo teases.

 

“No, I wouldn’t.” Sana puts down her spoon in order to hit Momo on the arm. “And from now on you’re not allowed to meddle in my love life anymore, especially about Dahyun.”

 

Momo rubs the hitted arm. “What? You are the one that tried to sleep with her.”

 

“Exactly. I’m totally in the wrong too. We didn’t even kiss, she doesn’t even know how I feel. I should’ve known better than to just try to sleep with her.” A one night stand is not what she wants. "I don't just want to sleep with her, I want more than that… " She can't even finish her sentence, she can't even say all those things aloud. It's like everything goes away when it comes to Dahyun, all sense, all self-control, all the rational thoughts just disappear. The right words, the true meaning behind her actions and the reason behind those lingering touches.The reason why she can't think straight or stay away. She bangs her head against the coffee table. Mina's delicate hands come to pat her back immediately.

 

What if Dahyun thinks Sana just wanted to seduce her to a one night stand? She just said that Dahyun didn’t know how she felt, what if she thinks Sana just wanted to sleep with her? That uncomfortable feeling on the pit of her stomach shows up again. Why did she try that? It wasn’t even close to her real desire. She just made a fool out of herself to the girl she likes. Sana can only hope the younger girl is not hurt by her advances.

 

"How am I going to face her now?" She sighs, the hangover threatening to show up.

 

"You can just pretend that nothing happened." Momo suggests.

 

Sana turns her head to look at her, cheek pressing against the cold table.

 

"What?" Momo shrugs to Sana's stare. "You were kinda drunk."

 

Okay, maybe Momo is not so bad in fixing the consequences of her bad advising and to save herself from further embarrassment Sana follows that advice. When she sees Dahyun a few hours later she acts like nothing happened.

 

-

 

Being in Woohoo sometimes is really boring for Sana. To Mina, Dahyun or even Chaeyoung this place is almost a paradise with really cool tech toys and tools that they can use but they are rarely there. They do go there every week to check the server room, Mina and Dahyun analyses numbers that Sana for once can understand. SinB, one of their supervisors and Dahyun’s friend, said that the numbers and graphics are the index of players by level and time that they spend on some location of the game. Sana looked at her with a confused frown.

 

“It’s something like the time and level of the player and where he spends most of that time in the game.” SinB tries again and Sana feels like she almost got it.

 

“We are just checking what kind of map on the game is most used, especially by the high level player.” Dahyun explains, Sana turned to the front where the younger girl was standing. “There are parts of the game that give more reward to the players but they have to be on a higher level to get that and to do that they have to spend more time on the game. We are just checking to see if these places are highly visited or not.” Dahyun points to a few numbers and graphics on the screen: time and location and another one with a list of players’ nicknames and levels.

 

The younger girl's attention is on Sana waiting patiently to see if she had understood. Is one of the things that makes Sana's heart warmer, Dahyun always explains things to Sana. She is always patiently waiting for Sana to understand even if she has to repeat it more than a few times, her tone never less than gentle. It’s not like Sana is dumb but as a foreign sometimes she gets stuck with the language and as bussiness and marketing majo rthere isn’t much she know about videogames. Unlike Mina who practically breathes them, who loves it so much that she decided to make them for living even though her parents wanted her to go to med school to inherit the hospital conglomerate. Sana is not like Chaeyoung and Tzuyu who watched both of them play and program for months, not like Jeongyeon who can play a little and understand a lot or like Jihyo and Nayeon who can figure most of it alone.

 

“Why do you do it?” Sana feels so dumb asking it aloud but Dahyun doens’t laugh. The other two people in the room stay quiet, assuming the question wasn’t meant for them.

 

“If they spend a lot of time there then we have nothing to worry about but if they don’t we need to figure out why from a designer point of view: It’s the map boring or is it too difficult? The rewards are being handed without a problem? These types of things.” Dahyun pauses checking if Sana was following, she nods along to signal that she is.

 

“If it is a space with many players it can be crowded and heavy and the game would collapse or have movement problems. It’s kinda like a party with so many people that you can even move, not even to leave or like when too many people access the wi-fi in the dorm and it gets too slow. Then it’s a server problem.”

 

“Which is not probable since Woohoo’s has great servers.” SinB complements.

 

“Right.” Dahyun agrees. “Which means that it could be one of the other things I said or it could have a bug on the programming, either way it means that it’s a problem I have to fix.”

 

“We.” Mina corrects quietly.

 

Dahyun lips tug in a sweet smile. “Yes, we.” She looks directly at Sana as she says it.

 

Oh boy.


 

Today Sana was alone so it was really boring but at least one of the ADM team has to be there within the work hours of the week. Today is one of Sana’s day and it’s boring because (besides the other girls are all on their headquarters) Dahyun was not there and she probably won’t come since Mina stopped by earlier. So she has to be there, alone. Well… Not alone since one of Woohoo’s employee is on the server room too.

 

Okay, maybe it’s not that bad since this employee it’s a smiling, cute and charming guy that Sana is sure has a crush on Jihyo.

 

“Daniel.” Sana calls him innocently, quite different from her intentions. She keeps herself from smirking when the guy looks up from his laptop. Sana will make him confess his crush today.


 

Okay, so Sana might have scared Daniel a lot. The guy ends up babbling and flushing bright red when she gets him cornered but he finally admits that he thinks Jihyo is amazing. Sana didn't have to do much really, he was just getting trapped in his own words.

 

"I know." She agrees because Jihyo is one of the greatest people she eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter