Swing - Part II

Goodnight and Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dahyun booked a room for Sana in the biggest hotel in the city. She got a room thanks to Eunwoo's connections. Dahyun didn't know exactly what Sana had planned but Dahyun could at least provide a place for her to spend the night if she wished. Although Eunwoo did offer for Dahyun to sleep again in the pool house with him and Minhee or shared Chaeyeon's bedroom for Sana to sleep in his room where Dahyun was staying. Dahyun didn't want to abuse his hospitality and she didn't want to put Sana in an awkward position.

 

"So you don't know what's her plan but what's yours?" Eunwoo asked her after he finished the call with the hotel reception. He moves around the room going for his blazer and tie that were carefully placed on the bed.

 

Minhee had already dressed up and had gone to receive a friend that had arrived. Dahyun was dressed too, with one red dress that she bought with Eunwoo yesterday. Sana was with Chaeyeon in her room. Chaeyeon was probably bombarding her with questions while they were getting ready. Dahyun resisted the urge to go in that door and get the older girl free from Chaeyeon interrogatory or eavesdrop their conversation while she was on her way down to calm her worries talking to Eunwoo.

 

"I don't know. I want to… " Dahyun can't finish, words caught on and cheeks flushed. She wanted to kiss her again, she wanted to finally make a move.

 

Eunwoo's eyes found hers on the mirror and by the way his eyebrows go up in recognition Dahyun knows he figured out what she was going to say. He gives a knowing smile before turning for Dahyun when she reaches to knot his tie. "Go for it."

 

Dahyun wants to. She is fighting all her fleeing instincts and she's trying hard not to panic and run away again because she knows she had done it enough and she doesn't want fear getting in the way from the thing that she wants so badly, that she had been wishing for over a year now.

 

Eunwoo probably sensed the gears burning in Dahyun's head while she was trying to break that pattern. His arms found her waist and when Dahyun had done with the tie, he pulled her closer. Dahyun rests her head on his stone chest. That's what she feels Eunwoo is, her rock. The one who keeps her grounded and sane. She is so grateful that Eunwoo can push the fears away, her personal guardian angel.

 

"Come on, let's get your girl." He says after a long moment of hugging and breathing. His eyes were teary and Dahyun felt hers watering too.


 

 

She was going upstairs to meet Sana and tell her about the hotel room. When she was about to knock, Chaeyeon opened the door.

 

"Oh Dahyun, good. I was just about to look for you."

 

Dahyun tries to peck inside, searching for Sana. "You were?"

 

"Yes. Prepared to be amazed?" Chaeyeon was already dressed too and couldn’t hide her excitement.

 

Dahyun turns her head to look at her. "What for?"

 

But Chaeyeon doesn't answer. She wides the gap in the door.

 

Dahyun saw Sana there, her back facing Dahyun. She was wearing a black dress. Sana turned around the same moment Chaeyeon pulled Dahyun inside. She could punch herself for the cliche, but Sana was looking so stunning that she was only left speechless.

 

The older girl seemed very pleased with Dahyun's reaction. Chaeyeon pushes her forward, making Dahyun stumble, stopping right in front of Sana.

 

"Did you like it?" Sana bites her lip, taking a spin to provoke Dahyun.

 

Dahyun gulps audibly, looking down at Sana's dress. It's too short and almost too tight, hugging her body like a second skin. Chaeyeon went overboard with her scheme, she definitely wanted to lead Dahyun to have a fever. "You look spectacular." Dahyun admits, coughing to cover her dried throat and burning cheeks.

 

"Okay, let's go down, party is starting." Chaeyeon was also very pleased with Dahyun's reaction and her matchmaker skills.

 

When Dahyun was on the way through the stairs after leaving Chaeyeon's room, Sana grabbed her wrist gently to get her attention. Dahyun turns to her and it's one of the few times Dahyun gets to see Sana looking so shy glancing at her dress. "You look amazing too." She whispers. She presses her lips together, cheeks almost as red as Dahyun's, she leans closer to the younger girl, planting a light kiss on her cheek. "Really amazing." Sana backs away, checking if she left lipstick on Dahyun's skin.

 

"Let's go lovebirds." Chaeyeon yells from downstairs.

 

 

Dahyun's cheeks were burning but she rolled her eyes, afraid of looking at Sana's reaction. She hopes Chaeyeon isn't making her uncomfortable with all the teasing.



 

Dahyun was glancing at Sana talking to her brother and Chaeyeon, judging by the way Sana was hiding her face with her hands all the time and Myungsoo was being overly nice, smiling and talking a lot she figures Chaeyeon spilled to her brother about who the unrequited love is.

 

Eunwoo pops up by her side while she is busy staring at Sana. He places a glass of champagne in her hands.

"So I guess I don't need to plead for my parents to hire you, right?"

 

Dahyun laughs out loud. The closest guest, glancing at their side. Eunwoo and Dahyun, bowing to them at the same time as an apology for the disturbance.

 

Dahyun had joked with Eunwoo while they were in the car going to the mall yesterday.

 

Dahyun was contemplating on just giving up baseball, college and being in her company with the girl she loves who was mad at her. She was so terrified with what could possibly happen when she finally came back home. Dahyun knew she was being the major coward that had ever put foot on earth but everything was just too much. How can she forgive herself for kissing someone that is committed, she always thought she was someone of principals but it felt bitter to realize she was no different from the ones who do those kinds of slip ups while being in a relationship with somebody. She was no different from the ones who can't control their desires and hormones.

 

"Do you think your parents would hire me as their maid? Like to work in the kitchen or something." Dahyun should probably leave college and not face the situation at all. Such a coward.

 

Eunwoo laughs like Dahyun just said the most absurd thing. "Work in the kitchen? You can't cook to save your life."

 

Dahyun scoffs, a little offended. "I can do stuff and most importantly I can follow instructions really well."

 

Eunwoo laughs again, glancing to the rearview mirror, turning right on a green light. "I can cook better than you and that says a lot because I don't cook."

 

"Okay, then they hire me, you picky silver spoon can do the cooking and I take the credit for it." Dahyun suggests, making Eunwoo laugh again by the weak insult.



 

Dahyun doesn't have a chance to be with Sana for the whole night, Minhee and Eunwoo was always by Dahyun's side like two bodyguards, never leaving her alone and if one of them had to greet a guest, the other would stay there, never leaving at the same time.

 

While Dahyun was being survellaid by the two Lee brothers, Sana was being constantly talked to by the other part of the Lee siblings. Dahyun guessed it was Chaeyeon's cupid plan, to keep them with only glances and shy smiles across the hall. Dahyun could've been mad if she wasn't fearing the reason why Sana was there. She was curious and anxious but she was more afraid to find out the meaning behind her travel, so she decided she could wait for it.

 

The dinner was over and the party ended a little after Dongwook announced the engagement between Myungsoo and Chaeyeon.

 

Dahyun is pulled to the side by Chaeyeon, while she came back from saying goodbye to her parents. Myungsoo was driving them home and he would be back in the morning. Dahyun looks around searching for Sana because if Chaeyeon is by her side Sana was left alone but she finds the japanese helping cleaning the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter