I'll Keep You Safe

Goodnight and Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Hey guys! So… about Eunwoo’s family… I know Kang Han Na and Lee Dongwook are actually really young to have a kid as old as Eunwoo, the reason why I put them as Eunwoo’s parents is because they were actually how I pictured Eunwoo’s folks since they were all really good looking. As for Eunwoo’s sister Chaeyeon, I know she is older than Dahyun but I couldn’t choose anyone better fitting. For those who don't know Chaeyeon is actually Jung Chaeyeon AKA DIA Chaeyeon and former IOI member. 

Anyway, thanks for the comments and upvotes. Enjoy!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Dahyun tries to avoid phone calls and texting her friends. She hates lying and they know her too well, if they try hard enough they can put a finger on her unsteady facade. Dahyun was so emotionally drained that she didn't have the strength to keep faking it. Chaeyoung messaged her right after the game and Dahyun said she will be sleeping out. Sana messaged her privately the next morning.

 

[Sana]:

DAHYUNNIE YOU WERE AMAZING LAST NIGHT.

Congratulations on the win, you totally deserve it.

 

[Dahyun]:

Thank you!!!

 

[Sana]:

Can we celebrate like Jeongyeon unnie said?

 

Yeah, that. Jeongyeon shared a video of the game. It was mostly Dahyun's parts, how she got it Dahyun didn't know but it was a little embarrassing to see it on display for everyone to see.

She posted the video and with major caps under she wrote:

[Dad-Jeongie]: DUDE, DIDN'T KNOW YOU TINY ARMS COULD DO THIS DAMAGE, I WILL BE CAREFUL AROUND YOU NOW... LET'S CELEBRATE GUYS. DAHYUN JUST MADE IT TO THE FINALS.

[Minari]: Congratulations Dahyun!!!

[Chaengie]: Woww, dude call it power hitter, I wish I was there.

[ChouTzuyoda]: Me too. Good job Dahyun!

 

There's a long list of congratulations and supportive words.

Dahyun’s only reply was: Thanks guys but no celebrating, the team had a celebration party and I'm too tired. Leave it for the finals. If we win.

 

If I make it. The flow of supportive messages appears again right behind the reprimand ones. Shut up, you'll win, Chaeyoung texted her in private.

 

Dahyun doesn't read further. Myungsoo calls her after lunch. Dahyun jumps scared at every phone call, although they can’t possibly know about her situation she startles every time her phone rings. She accepts the call nervously hugging Eunwoo’s fluffy pillow.

“Dahyun-ah.” Her brother's calling was uncharastically mellow.

“Oppa.” Dahyun’s own voice breaks a little.

“I’m so proud sis. So proud.” He’s voice breaks too.

 

They talk on the phone for hours. Myungsoo tells her he’s coming home for chuseok and that he’s dating someone, he was stalling first, beating around the bush, saying Dahyun would love her.

 

Dahyun laughs. “Oh, I already do.” She admits it, full of honesty.

 

But the thing is, Eunwoo told Dahyun her parents would definitely make a big deal out of it, Han Na won’t let the engagement pass without a party (after the shocking and scolding passes). So Myungsoo will need every person that he can by his side. Their side. In the end, he confesses to her who it is and how terrified he is that her parents won’t like it. Chaeyeon is too young and Myungsoo is a few years older, marriage is not a priority to people like Chaeyeon and Eunwoo, especially this young. They have to graduate and master a lot of things before even thinking about getting this attached with someone. The Lee patrimony was their big priority since they were born, all the Lee siblings. It’s not like they have to think about their future a lot. Being rich didn’t matter to Eunwoo’s father, their kids had to know how to maintain themselves and prosper in this world without relying on their heritage, it could all end one day.

 

“I’m happy for you.” Dahyun says, but she feels her brother is waiting for more. “It will be fine. I support you.” She can sense by her brother's relief sigh that she did a good job.

 

______

 

Sunday comes and Dahyun gets restless. She tried to play a shooting game with Moonbin but it was useless when her mind wasn’t engaged with the game and she kept losing. Her shoulder was hurting only from the position of holding the controller. Eunwoo was doing homework for most of the time and then when he started to read the new updated script for the web-series, Dahyun joined him in his bedroom. Moonbin had gone to sleep in his room. Eunwoo finished reading and let Dahyun read it calmly.

Dahyun thought of a song. The scene where the lead tried to kiss the girl and got rejected. Dahyun doesn’t know rejection yet but she thought that it could be very similar to unrequited love. Dahyun knows too well about that. She felt inspired in a second, however, when she got to Eunwoo’s keyboard to play the notes, her shoulder complained. The annoying pull got back, Dahyun tried to ignore it in order to continue playing and not worry Eunwoo. It doesn’t work well because the more she plays the more the sensation rises. Dahyun stops when the pain becomes sharp and burning. Eunwoo notices and comes right behind her, a hand on her back to calm her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter