Confession Of Your Love

Goodnight and Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun meets Eunwoo and Chaeyeon at the restaurant Rocky is a part timer. They were sitting on a table by the further corner, a more reserved and calming site. Eunwoo waves to her, calling her to join them. Chaeyeon had her back facing the entrance, at Eunwoo's excited wave she turned to see what it was, smiling when she caught Dahyun walking to them.

 

"Dahyun, finally." Chaeyeon welcomes her with a hug.

 

"Yeah, sorry. The office is not that close from here. Sorry I'm late."

 

One of Chaeyeon's friends, Sejeong, comes to meet them a couple of minutes later. By midnight Dahyun was on her fifth glass of soju, Eunwoo had emptied four bottles with her, Sejeong and later with Rocky. Rocky had closed the restaurant with the six of them in there, Moonbin had swung by too.

 

"Please just tell their name. Is someone I know?" Chaeyeon pleads to Dahyun for the third time in the last hour.

 

Dahyun shakes her head, denying it, annoyed yet a little impressed at Chaeyeon's persistence.

 

"Why are you so curious?" Dahyun faces her, whispering so the group doesn't hear them.

 

"Does my brother know?"

 

Dahyun nods, biting her lips. Yeah, he knows and he thinks I should confess.

 

"Tell me, I wanna know too." Chaeyeon whines, grabbing Dahyun's arm and shaking it like a spoiled child.

 

"I didn't tell him." He figured it out on his own.

 

"How come Eunwoo is allowed to know and I can't?"

 

"Eunwoo knows what?" Eunwoo jerks his head up at the mention of his name. A little dizzy with his own abrupt movement.

 

Chaeyeon turns to him, crossing her arms. "You know who's Dahyun's unrequited love?"

 

Eunwoo stares at his sister for a moment, trying to process her words and being really slow on it. He tilts his head to the side, exchanging a glance with Dahyun. Very slowly, he nods. "Not unrequited but unacknowledged, unadmitted, unspoken" He carries on finding funny the similarity in his slurred words.     

 

Dahyun snorts. "Yeah, right."

 

Chaeyeon perks up at this, understanding his words in a second. Turning back to Dahyun, eyes now sparkling at the new information, she claps her hands excited. This girl is really a romance enthusiast.

 

Dahyun glares at Eunwoo. Now Chaeyeon is three times more obsessed. "Is not unspoken. One hundred percent unrequited."

 

"Yeah, keep fooling yourself like that." Eunwoo says sarcastically. The alcohol downed on him and has the most annoying effect in Dahyun’s opinion, bringing the smartass/know-it-all Eunwoo to the surface.

 

"Stop trying to fool me." Dahyun bites back. She doesn't want to have not even a tiny bit of hope if it was meant to be crushed in the end.

 

"Let's drink to unrequited love then." Moonbin interrupts their little bickering, trying to dissipate the new small tension.

 

Chaeyeon drops the matter too, raising her bottle of grape juice. Dahyun never been more grateful for Moonbin.

 

"I could totally drink to that." Sejeong agrees, holding her glass for Rocky to pour more soju.

 

"To unrequited love." Moonbin toast.

 

They drink. Rocky fills the empty glasses.

 

"To Dahyun's recovery." Eunwoo salutes, most likely to be feeling guilty for meddling too much, but being genuine on his wish.

 

They drink. Putting glasses in the middle of the table for them to be filled again. By Rocky again. "To the success of everyone in this room." He toasts.

 

"To Chaeyeon's wedding, that she can find her happily ever after." Dahyun toasts, cringing a little at her own suddenly sweet words.

 

Sejeong and Eunwoo cringed too, Chaeyeon chuckles.

 

They all drink. Soju is poured again, Eunwoo doing the honors this time.

 

"Wait up." Sejeong shouts out of the blue scaring everyone else with the high pitch scream. She's pointing an accusatory finger to Chaeyeon's juice bottle. "They all know you're pregnant?"

 

The room goes silent. Then Chaeyeon laughs at the girl's shocked expression. Eunwoo hearing his sister laugh can help by doing the same, Dahyun follows along, then soon everyone is laughing out loud, the soju doing his job as they were all a little tipsy, except for Chaeyeon. Some were getting really drunk, like Sejeong, Rocky and Dahyun.

 

"Do your parents know?" Sejeong asks.

 

"I'm telling them tomorrow." Chaeyeon reveals.

 

Sejeong raises her glass, everybody stands, doing the same.

 

"To tell your parents you're no longer a !"

 

A few faces grow red with the blunt words, including Dahyun's, but it could also be blamed by alcohol.

"Ya! My brother is right there." Chaeyeon wails, pointing to Eunwoo at the other side of the table. Eunwoo scrunches his face in disgust, then laughs at Chaeyeon's mortified expression.

 

"To tell your parents you're no longer a ." They all toast at the same time, being loose and carefree at the alcohol effect, even Dahyun and Eunwoo do it too, to Chaeyeon's complete embarrassment as the only sober one there.

 

____

 

“Hey” Dahyun turned to the side hearing a familiar voice yet she still jumped a little from the sidewalk seeing her brother only a couple feet away, walking to her.

 

Myungsoo was wearing a black suit and a smile. Chaeyeon is right by his side, holding his hand with both of her own. She was probably the one that called him and he came right after work. It’s so weird for Dahyun to finally see them together. They looked so different in each other's presence. Myungsoo seemed so relaxed and carefree with Chaeyeon by his side, like Myungsoo could now finally relax and his soothing was Chaeyeon’s touch, the tranquilizer for the uptight and rigid Myungsoo. The romantic enthusiast Chaeyeon seemed to be timid and smiley around Dahyun’s brother.

 

Dahyun felt envious. It was petty and childish but Chaeyeon was younger and her brother was a total aloof. Why can they find their way to each other and Dahyun can’t do the same with her love? Why can’t she have the same? She shoves that feeling away. She is happy for her brother and Chaeyeon. They were happy with each other. They fought for each other. They deserve it. Who’s Dahyun to talk? She never said anything to Sana about her feelings even if she was rejected she didn’t fight for the girl.

         

“Can I have your phone?” The words were dragged out in a stumble. Her mind was buzzing with alcohol and all the roll of incoherent toast they had two hours ago. Somebody was throwing up a little far away from the sidewalk where she was sitting and she hoped it's not Eunwoo because he had her things. He confiscated them a moment ago.

 

"Why do you need my phone?" Myungsoo asks, he steps closer to put a cold hand on Dahyun's forehead. Dahyun leans in to the chilling touch, instantly refreshing her warm face.

 

Her brother smelled like Chaeyeon's sweet expensive perfume. Dahyun missed him. They were not that emotive and close like the Lee siblings but they understand each other better than most siblings.

 

"Eunwoo has mine." Dahyun pouts.

 

"Why?" Myungsoo's other hand leaves C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter