Car

What is Love?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kina winces a little when her teenage uncle strangled the little mouse that had been found in one of their traps. She could not understand why he loved doing that or why he would always laugh when the poor little animals suffered.

He should not be killing them in the first place but he would always, always kill them.

She wanted to complain but he will tell her she was a kid and she does not understand what he was doing. She was a kid and she did not understand so she couldn't argue against that.

But as he threw the poor mouse at the stream, she really thought that he was not doing the right thing.

 

Car  

“Shall we go visit grandmamma this weekend?” Kina asks casually though her eyes appeared a little unsure. Sehun squealed a little inside but cleared his throat to appear nonchalant.

“Um… Don’t we have any other appointment?” He asks although in all honestly, he would do whatever she asks. They were watching a movie while having dinner.

She gives a sigh and looks away from him to the TV screen with a little pout. Sehun melts into a little pile of goo seeing her rare pout. She was usually in a frown or a little smile, those business ones so when she pouts it was like she was a whole new person. If only he could go and squish her cheeks but she would probably break his fingers if he did that.

“You have a business dinner on Saturday but I thought you could skip it…” She looks down at her food and he could tell she had lost her appetite. This girl eats so less.

“Why, something going on with your grandma?” He pries knocking on her plate with his hand to make her continue eating. She huffs and grimaces looking at her food.

“No… It is my grandpa’s death anniversary.” The food that was on the way to his mouth stopped short and he cursed himself for being so insensitive. Kina was not someone who asked for things without a purpose. When it comes to plans, she was not much of a spontaneous person. She plans everything and if she asks for something, it probably means that she had a reason. What a jackass… and he only wanted to appear cool.

“Next week we have three days off as well… Monday till Wednesday…” she continues, as though trying to win his favor and rationalize her request. “We could um… stay there for some time and relax a little before coming back. It is a beautiful place… there are pretty streams and flower patches and we could even ride horses…”

Sehun wanted to chuckle as well as smack himself but kept himself poker-faced- probably the result of massive internal conflict.

“What should we pack then?” He asks feeling like the jackass that he was. “Also it will be the first time, aside from the wedding day that I meet with your grandma so we better get her some things.”

A moment of heavy silence followed and Sehun felt afraid to even breathe but just as he was about to turn to her and see what was wrong, she leans on him with face on his bicep. It unleashed a whole load of butterflies from his stomach to tip of his toes.

“Thank you…” she mumbled and that was enough to set his whole body on fire. Her lips were moving on his skin and her body heat was coming off. It was hot in there.

Thankfully before it could get any worse, she stands up leaving him suddenly cold and walks into the kitchen leaving him longingly yearning for her presence again.

Letting out a huge huff of breath he smiled looking at her clean up the kitchen. They were going somewhere close to her heart and he couldn't wait.

 

* * *

 

Kina gave a small smile as she watched the morning sun throwing its hands everywhere signaling people to wake up. She was going home… after a long, long time. How long has it been since she last saw the place? After her grandpa has passed on, she stayed for a year to finish her middle school before disappearing. Looking at it, it had not been that long but the longing in her heart, the number of activities that had happened had made it feel as though it had been forever since she last saw her childhood home…

Like a lifetime ago.

Sehun had graciously offered to drive them there in his car and she was grateful. For funny reasons, she was nervous about going back home. She was taking a man back home which just a few years back was out of the question. 

She turns away from the changing sceneries of concrete buildings to trees and plains towards the rather disheveled looking Sehun. They had moved early morning because it was a long drive and Sehun hated riding the trains. It would probably take around 6 hours to reach by car.

“I could take the wheels…” She suggested again probably for the fourth time because it pained her seeing him so tired. He was most likely working late into the night because of her sudden plans. “I’m sorry that it was so abrupt. It should have told you earlier.”

He gives a smile that makes his eyes disappear, the one she had come to love all the while looking at the road.

“You told me on Tuesday night. I think that is enough time to prepare anything. Also, I am not letting you drive. I don’t want to die.”

“Hey! I am a good driver…” She retaliated feeling massively attacked. She was a safe driver.

“Sure…” he replies while turning to her, gave her a pointed look, and turn to the road again.

“What was that?”

Sehun only shrugs. Then just as she was going to ask again, he lets out a crashing noise his face contorted in a mocking way.

Kina couldn’t help but throw her hands up in embarrassment and in annoyance.

“I told you that was not my fault

Please log in to read the full chapter