Babies

What is Love?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sehun woke up feeling empty. Sure enough, there was no Kina sleeping by his side.

Sitting up and rubbing his eyes, he glanced at the clock and sighed. It was 2 in the morning. Where on earth did she go? Letting out a giant yawn, he hopped out of bed, put on his nightgown, and called out for his wife.

“Darling?”

His voice echoed through the massive house and he felt a tiny bit creeped out. Years of living in dorms and apartments have made him a little bit uncomfortable in mansions.

There was no response though but a certain sound of sizzling and the smell of fried food reaches him.

Chuckling loudly he hopped down the stairs into the kitchen.

She was cooking with one hand, the other holding a book. His heart softens at the sight as well as clench uneasily. This year, she was studying really hard and he did not have to ask her to study well.

His guilt of not treating her well the last months made him breath uneasy.

He silently goes behind her and hugged her making her yelp with surprise almost tossing the potato fries away from the pan.

“HUN!” She almost screams, “Don’t scare me like that. I nearly died!”

He chuckles at her reaction and kissed her neck. “I missed you in bed.”

“I was craving for some fries.” She replied with a guilty bit of her lips. It made him want to kiss her lips.

“You’re also studying.”

“I was awake and thought why not? Besides I don’t understand this concept much.” She replies to him giving him the book to toss and stir her potatoes with both hands.

“Is it hard?”

“For me… I guess.” She says with a huff. “I would disturb Jongin Oppa but recently Baekhyun has been hel-”

She stops herself and gulped down nervously. “I mean-”

“Has he been helping you with your studies?” He asked, feeling guilty again at the way she was reacting.

She nods slightly, still stiff in his arms.

“Did he help you well?”

She nods again.

“I’m sorry… I did not mean to break your friendship.” He begins placing his chin on her shoulders. This made her squirm though because she was ticklish.

Smiling a little he takes of his chin and buries his nose on her neck. “I guess I am just an insecure old man.”

“Don-don’t say that…” Kina replies after a moment. “I am… sorry about what has happened but I wouldn’t want anything to jeopardize my relationship with you.”

He stays silent at that, his heart bubbling with so much love for her.

“Your fries are burning.”

“Crap!”

“I love you.”

“My fries ar-… what?”

“I love you.” He mumbles again, this time with a slight chuckle.

She stops freaking out about her fries at that and turns around to hug him properly.

“You know what? I think that was so much better than the fries.” She says as she breaks from the hug. “But I still want my fries and…”

She turns again to kiss him on the lips making him feel like goo. He chased after her lips when she breaks it but she shakes her head and turns around.

“... I love you too.”

 

Babies

 

Sehun wouldn’t stop grinning and therefore received a pinch from his wife.

“Ow! What?”

“Stop smiling like a fool. People are looking at you.”

Sehun paused and look around to see that some people were actually looking at him. “Well… I can’t help it that I am a fool for you.”

Kina rolls her eyes at that and gives him an annoyed look. “Disgusting.”

“Oh god, I am so hurt.”

“Please. Be hurt.”

“But aren’t you going to ask why I am smiling like a fool as we walk around Jeju on such a beautiful day?” Sehun says stretching his arms dramatically as he gestured towards the beautiful scene before them.

“I have a pretty solid guess…” Kina replies looking away as her face burns up. Sehun, of course, doubles in laughter.

“It is true though…” Sehun leaned in to whisper in her ear. “Last night was crazy.”

“Sehun! STOP IT!” Kina, with her wide eyes, whisper shouts at him but Sehun takes this opportunity to smack her right on the lips.

“Shhh…” Sehun immediately stops her as she opens to protest. “For so long, I couldn’t even go out with you in public. Now that we can safely walk around… please, let me kiss you and hold you.”

Kina zips her lips at that however, with her heart running 60 miles per hour, it was evident that she was enjoying her time out with Sehun.

They were still not in Seoul but the joy of knowing that they were a proper couple now really bought such joy in her heart.

“You know, I was thinking,” Sehun begins when they reach a bench in the park. He pats on his lap for her to sit but she refused so he literally lifts a leg above hers while holding her close with his long limbs. This kid. “We should have another marriage. A proper one with family and friends… groomsmen, bridesmaid and stuff like that… Would you like that?”

Kina’s hand unconsciously goes to twirl a strand of hair that reached her stomach thinking about a wedding where she would walk down the aisle towards a man she loved as her family and friends witness their union.

“That would be nice… I think,” She tells him with her eyes twinkling. Sehun crinkled his face happily at her reaction and nuzzles her on her cheek.

“It would be…, right? So when do you want to do it?”

She twirled her hair again and frowned. The fourth-year already has too much on the plate for her. Before even class starts, she was to begin her training in the office and every other day for 2 hours, she would be working there as an intern of some sort working directly under high-ranking officials as well as her parents.

“Maybe after I graduate?”

Sehun smacked his lips a little disappointedly at that.

“There’s just a lot going to happen and we both know that if we want a proper wedding, we want it to be good. And to plan out a wedding is a massive task…”

“But we have wedding planners and all those people who’ll do the work for us.”

“You know that I would not be satisfied if a bunch of strangers come and plan out our wedding.”

Sehun’s eyes crinkled happily at that watching with her utter fondness. “True.” That was an incredibly Kina thing. She wouldn’t want someone else to do the work for her.

They go quiet for a moment, both absorbed at the idea proposed. “You know,” Sehun goes again, “Thinking about it, I feel excited as if I am marrying you for the first time.”

Kina chuckled at his childlike radiance and nods her head. “Me too… But aren’t you going to propose to me then?”

A look of panic crosses Sehun’s face making Kina laugh out loud. He even pulled down his leg.

“That’s right! I have to propose as well!” He exclaims looking like he had just discovered how to turn metal into gold. “I had forgotten about that. Man… I should have planned out the proposal if I am asking you to marry me again.”

Kina stands up at that with a wide smile and stretches out her hand to him.

“Don’t worry, Old man.” She says with a fond chuckle, tiptoeing to arrange his fringes away from his handsome face. “This was a proposal enough.”

“No…” He whines as they continued their walk. “I heard from Jongin that he went all out decorating their apartment with candles and rose petals. I swear that guy goes all out.”

“We don’t expect anything less from him,” Kina laughs, “instead I thought he would go overboard. That was actually rather subtle for him.”

Sehun smiles at that and nods his head swinging their intertwined hands.

“My goodness!” Kina suddenly gave a quiet squeal. “I can’t wait for their wedding! It’s going to be so precious. Imagine unnie being in a wedding dress and Oppa in a suit… Ugh. My heart!”

Sehun stops to tackle his wife with a kiss laughing at her excitement. To think someone, who at first was rarely excited about anything was now all squeals for a wedding made his heart flutter. She had changed in these three blissful years, had she not?

That night as they held each other to drift off, Sehun chewed his lips in nervousness. He had been wanting to talk to Kina about this for a long, long time and his heart was restless. It couldn’t wait anymore.

“Kina?” He calls out making her hum a response. “Are you sleepy?”

“Not really...” But she gives a cute yawn. “Why?”

“Just… um… wanted to talk about something.”

She moves a little and lifts up her head to look at him. He felt his heart stutter at her looking so raw, so and in his arms.

To think she was all his.

“What is it?” She smiles at him, encouraging him.

“I’ve been thinking… a lot… about this and I know it’s too early for you but… I wanted to discuss…” He sighs, “Children.”

Her smile wan

Please log in to read the full chapter