Epilogue

What is Love?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Epilogue

They both stilled completely and looked at each other in silent horror.

Sehun wondered what she was doing inside his class before understanding dawned upon him and he calmly gets to the podium with a huge smile.

Today was the first day for the new batch and from the looks of it, this generation seemed quite eager… especially the young lady on the third row. She seemed almost too excited to be seated calmly in her seat.

Yet, being the professional that he was calmly got on with his class making the young girl pout at him.

Her eyes began sparkling though, the moment he starts teaching, and soon she was the happy, excited puppy that she was at the beginning making him almost laugh out loud once or twice.

The class ends sooner than expected and as expected, the girl lingers behind. Some students came over to him and expressed their joy at being in his class making him feel utterly appreciated. Teaching for almost 2 decades now, he has had the joy of having all sorts of students… but perhaps it would be the first time with her case.

“DAAAADDD!” She comes up to him with a massive pout and a huge whine. She obviously tackles him in a hug. “Why did you pretend you did not know me? I am so hurt I could die right now!”

Sehun laughs his dad laugh and pinched his daughter’s cheeks.

“You’re a college student now…” He reprimands her after his round of laughter. “And once you step into this classroom, you become my student.”

“Isn’t where I sat exactly where mom sat? She said the both of you were shocked!” She asks, clearly ignoring what he said all the while running around the podium, pointing to where she had been sitting for the class.

“Did your mom set you up for this?” He asked, a little surprised at the information.

“Of course not,” She says rolling her eyes. “As if like mom will ever do something like this? It was uncle Jongin of course.”

She giggles at that. “And unlike you, he jumped and hugged me in front of everyone telling them that I am his favorite niece. They say men are trash and I agree except for him. I love him to bits.”

Sehun chuckles at that and finishes packing. “That’s because you are his only niece. And don’t you have any more classes? It’s the first day. Don’t be late.”

She blinks once and then twice before jumping and dashing off.

“I HAVE KOREAN HISTORY NOW, OMG. BYEEEE!”

Sehun clicked his tongue at her exuberant personality and walks out of the classroom towards his office.

Seeing her there brought back so many memories that he had pushed back or forgotten all these years. It was true that she had been seated exactly where her mother had been seated. He remembered now how his heart nearly gave out seeing his wife there and remembers the shock on her face as well.

His daughter had an uncanny resemblance to his darling wife and now seeing her like this made him ache for his wife.

Upon entering his office, he smiles and looked around gratefully. Kina had once promised him that she’ll send him back to teaching and at that time, he barely took her word for it but sure enough… she did send him back.

He couldn’t be more grateful to her. She truly was his wonder woman. No ordinary woman, in his opinion could raise three wonderful children all the while being a top-notch CEO and send him to college with packed lunch made by her own hands… it was truly remarkable.

As per usual, the two old men came together in his office for lunch, both donning lunch boxes their respective wives made.

“Wait… Hyorin did not make my lunch today. It was Hana. She’s visiting us with her husband and children.”

Hana was Jongin’s daughter. Despite the fact that Jongin wanted more children, it was unfortunate that Hyorin couldn’t bear anymore but that seemed to make them even more appreciative of Hana.

“I still can’t believe she already has a family of her own. I feel as though it was just yesterday when you were holding her in the hospital.” Sehun shakes his head in disbelief as he arranges the food neatly laid out.

“I know…” Jongin says with a bright, proud smile. “She has brought so much joy in our household… Now with Chaerin and Chaesong, I feel like I have been walking only in cloud 9.”

Sehun nods and they eat in silence, both absorbed into their own world. Sehun thinks about Hana’s twins who were turning 2 soon much to the joy of their grandpa.

Please log in to read the full chapter