#TIL The New Uncle

What is Love?
Please log in to read the full chapter

The New Uncle

Geon never made loud noises. He was a quiet person and sometimes it was annoying because you’ll be screaming for him but he’ll only reply in a low voice, shut inside his room playing on his PC.

So on that day when he screamed, every single person plus the dogs came rushing towards him hoping nothing terrible has happened.

Kina was the most worried of course, as she literally zooms from the kitchen to the door where Geon had been sent to reluctantly receive the ringing of the doorbell. She can only hope that a bad person had not crossed their threshold to get hold of her precious 11-year-old son.

Armed with a spatula and her apron, her hair in a messy bun she reaches Geon in record time. Geon was simply standing there with his gaze fixed on the screen. Right… to get inside their house, they need to cross the gate first which was barricaded with a ton of security.

“GEON! What’s wrong? What happened?” She goes and grabs him to check for any problem but sighed in relief seeing no problem at all. His eyes though were still fixed upon the screen.

Sehun had also come with Ryeok in tow holding his toy sword. Right. Sehun had the real sword that was put up for display.

“BOYS! PUT THE SWORDS AWAY!”

However, the next moment Kina could only laugh out loud as Jinae comes behind them with her pink toy gun looking ready to fight.

What on earth had been going around? Sehun had been told to play with Ryeok and Jinae.

“Why on earth is our three-year-old baby girl holding a toy gun looking like she’s ready to fight?” She asks Sehun in between laughs as the old man proudly tossed Jinae in the air as she screams with laughter.

The doorbell rings again just as Sehun was about to answer making the family turn towards the screen showing the person outside.

Just who was this person that made the stoic Geon scream out loud? Kina lets go of Geon and stands up to properly see who was on the screen.

“Baekhyun?” She calls out loud making two of her boys switch their attention to her, one being her husband and the other being her son.

“BYUN BAEKHYUN?” Of course, the childish one of the two would make a commotion.

She puts a finger to her lips to ask them all to quiet down as she receives the call.

“Baekhyun!” She calls out from the microphone making the guy who had been scratching his head finally look relieved.

“OH… UM… Hey… Kina. It’s uh… Baekhyun.”

Sehun had already got to her with Jinae still in his arms as Geon tried his best to squeeze in to look at the said person.

“Hello Baekhyun,” Sehun begins making Kina roll her eyes. “What brings you here today?”

Kina was now a little worried knowing that Baekhyun had been standing there for some time now thanks to their family’s shenanigans. He also was carrying a basket of probably food and a bouquet of flowers so obviously he was here to visit.

“Oh, hello… Professor Oh.” He greets with a bow even from the gate. “I just wanted to say hi… I was in the neighborhood.”

“Please come in!” Kina butts in to open the gate knowing the poor boy was suffering already.

Sehun had another thought though as he mouths ‘why are you letting him in?’

“Why wouldn’t I?” Kina sighs as she returns to the kitchen with the entire family following. On days such as today when it was a holiday, she would give holiday to their staffs as well to have maximum time with her family.

“Mom! Mom! Mom!” Geon, who had still been watching the screen comes bounding in with a foreign excitement making every single person, including Jinae raise their eyebrows at him. “Is that really Mr. Byun Baekhyun? You know… the Byun Baekhyun from Bambi?”

Now Geon was a person with less interest and even less question so the gears in their brains started moving as to where and why would Geon know him and why he was interested until it registered.

“Ah~” Kina begins as she pushed Sehun away from the kitchen with a motion for him to clean up the living room. “Yes. He’s the boss from Bambi. How do you know about him?”

“Obviously because he’s the boss from Bambi! Everyone in the gaming community knows about him!”

Geon’s eyes shone as he begins to talk about the gaming community and his friends from it.

“We always go to Bambi on weekends! It is the most amazing place on earth! How do you know Bam-I mean Baekhyun Ajusshi?”

“He’s my friend from college,” She smiles as she tells her son that. Geon had always been there when he was a kid to listen to her and all her stories but recently, he had been

Please log in to read the full chapter