Bubble Tea

What is Love?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Bubble Tea

“You know, I am still like super mad at you,” Soomi sulked as she sipped on her bubble tea. The girls had gathered together for one last time before the classes officially start the day after tomorrow. “The party was like so super good but you decided to leave like all those overly clichéd main characters in fictions.”

Everyone laughs at that especially Kina. “I had loads and loads of fun at your party. I just had to drive alone at night and a long way at that.”

“Excuses! I told you to stay over,” She gives her a cute glare and folds her arms after slamming down her tea.

“You know I can’t do that,” Kina smiles before taking her own cup to her lips. Good green tea, “My parents were coming home from a trip overseas the next morning. I had to be there to welcome them.”

That wasn’t a complete lie. Her parents really did travel overseas and came back that morning and usually she was there to welcome them but now she was married and had to instead look after her drunken husband and his stupid friend.

She winced slightly thinking about that incident. God! It was awful having breakfast and dinner with a professor who made himself too at home. Professor Kim was thankfully a little laid back at home as compared to the classroom and did not crack any dry jokes or she would have thrown him out. But anyhow, she had seen how much he loved food. He wasn’t like Sehun who eats anything thrown at him but rather someone who savors his food and he knew good food from bad ones. At least they bonded on that… a little. She had actually enjoyed the conversations on food that they’ve had although if you asked her, she wouldn’t confess it.

“Earth to Kina,” Minah waved a hand in front of her face to bring back her attention to the talk they were having. Kina scrunched her face a little at the thought that she had wondered off. She turned towards Minah apologetically.

“Sorry. What were you saying?”

“Can we have a group study when classes begin to revise over everything that we took last year?” She asks, sipping her latte innocently.

“Oh, that is a great idea!” Minah was a very studious girl who was also among the top performers in class. “We can hold it on the next weekend.”

“Why not this weekend?” Jimin frowns, her usual expression at the duo.

“I will be moving into the dorms,” Minah sighs dramatically, placing her hands on her chin. “Dorms are so hard but at least I am starting to talk to people.”

The other three suddenly had mischievous grins on their faces as they gave loud ‘ooohs’.

“Our girl is finally talking to other people! Is this a miracle?” Jimin exclaims banging on the table spilling her dark coffee.

“Oh come on, I got to learn how to start developing my social skills,” Minah explains, looking worried as she rubbed her cup of latte.

“Of course!” Soomi exclaims side-hugging her, “We are just proud of you. Like only the first year and look at her… So grown up. I’m like I am gonna cry.”

Minah was becoming more and more comfortable around them and even around Kyoungsoo and day by day she was starting to loosen up little by little. It made her smile like a proud mother.

“Haaa…” She sighs looking at Minah fondly, “I got to learn a lot from you.”

Minah folds her arm, sits backs and raises an imaginary sunglasses, “You better.”

This obviously generates laughter and soon the four girls were cracking jokes while lamenting over the end of holidays

 

* * *

 

Kim Jongin watched himself in front of the mirror and nods in satisfaction. He felt good that morning and had decided to dress up… simply. Sehun seemed to have rubbed off of him and today his style reflected his friend.

But honestly though, he was excited that classes were beginning again mainly because he enjoyed teaching, he feels empowered every time he walks up the podium and all eyes were on him and mostly because he knows he has the power to change people.

The new batch

Please log in to read the full chapter