Niece

What is Love?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chanyeol watched his newly born baby niece in her cradle and marveled at how small she was.

His Noona was sound asleep somewhere in the room and his brother-in-law was also snoring peacefully by the side. According to his mom, the delivery had taken them all night.

He goes forward to touch the baby’s nose and grimaces when his plumb hands covered her entire face. His weight had been an issue and now that he was a teenager by name, (13 was not a small deal!) he got to start maintaining. He got to start on that diet plan he had worked out with his friends that they had found on the internet.

Sighing out loud, he checks his hands and frowns some more. He needed to be a cool uncle for his one and only niece. What if she grows up and doesn’t want him as an uncle because he was fat?

“Chanyeollie…” His mother had returned and he stands up straight away from the cradle. “Come. Let’s go have some lunch.”

“Mom, you said it was Noona’s baby but can’t she also be my baby? I think I can take care of her too.”

His voice cracked a little and he liked the fact that his voice was starting to be manlier. He should be a man soon… preferably a thinner, healthier version.

“Of course, Noona’s baby is your baby too.” She comes and takes his hand making him snatch it away. He was thirteen for goodness sake.

“That’s good.” He simply replies and goes to sit down.

“Aren’t you having lunch with us?”

“No. I am starting my diet today.”

Niece 

 

Chanyeol had work. He had loads of them and yet he was here watching a couple being cute with one another.

Kina, his little baby had been sick and it had worried his head off but Sehun was adamant about not letting him see her. He had been pissed to mighty heavens but it had made him think.

With his dad permanently gone no matter how long he tried to ignore it, his dad was still gone and he had to pick up the mantle that his amazing father had left behind. With his aging mother vehemently refusing to take up the seat of his father and his Noona being too busy at the moment with her husband’s company, he had to be dragged in.

If procrastination got him money, he’d be richer than the richest man in the world at the moment. He had procrastinated all of his issues and now that he was back in Korea to face it, the staggering amount that he had to face baffled him.

To think music, which had been his escape turned out to be a bigger problem than everything else.

His little Kina had grown up to a woman and even had a husband and that was one thing that slapped him to reality. When he was younger, he always had this notion of keeping Kina by his side forever, playing with her, and giving her everything she wants. It was not much of a surprise because Kina was his little baby. She was his happiness.

Dinner with his Noona’s family was perfectly fine as it always was with his brother-in-law keeping the mood wonderfully light and relaxed no matter the amount of tension between him and Sehun.

Kina had slept off in the afternoon and Sehun had joined them as soon as her friends had left. Dinner had been quite the spectacle with Sehun and Chanyeol literally sending electric waves around.

“Sehun, may I have a word with you?” Kina was already asleep and Sehun had brought his work out into the living room not to disturb his wife so Chanyeol finally had the opportunity to talk with him. He had been waiting for this for some time, to be honest.

“What do you want Loey?” Sehun snaps at him and he couldn’t really blame him. He winced at that High-school gang name though, shuddering at how he used to think it was the coolest thing on earth.

“I just want to talk.” Chanyeol places down his wine glass and sits down on the couch facing Sehun who rolled his eyes.

“The last thing you do is talk.”

“Yeah… So here I am.”

He scoffs at that and glared at him. “Whatever.”

“I… I only wanted to apologize,” He finally says out loud looking at Sehun seriously. The guy looked suspicious.

“I am being sincere, Sehun,” He continues, “we are now a family and it will be awkward if we don’t clean this mess out. It is up to you whether you want to forgive me or not but I wanted to say my part.”

Sehun looked at him like he was waiting for him to laugh and say it was a prank but when none of those came, he huffs out loud.

“Shouldn’t you apologize to Jongin instead?”

“Yes, but how am I supposed to get to Jongin when I cannot even talk to you?” Chanyeol reasoned folding his long legs and taking a sip of his wine.

“Fine.” The younger guy snaps and sits down more comfortably, manspreading, and staring down at him as though trying to gain dominance. “I’ll get you an opportunity to make sure you come clean to him. He deserves so much at least.”

At that, he looks down feeling a tad bit guilty. “I don’t think you’ll like it too much if I come clean to Jongin.”

Sehun frowns at that. “What do you mean?”

“I bullied him for a reason,” He replied with a shrug as though it was the most obvious thing on earth. Sehun looked livid.

“You mean the story that you told Kina was bull?”

Chanyeol raised his eyebrows at the anger in the younger's voice.

“It was only the half-truth. That just gave me a reason or an opening…”

Sehun sighed defeatedly and gritted his teeth.

“So what is the real reason?”

Chanyeol sighs and sips his wine again feeling tired. This journey down the memory lane was not the most appealing.

“It was because of your brother.”

Sehun looked genuinely surprised at that. “My brother?”

“Yeah." He places his wine down and rubbed his forehead feeling a headache forming. He hated this memory. "When I was younger I had a massive issue with my weight. Your brother unintentionally poked my insecurities severely. It took a lot of toll on me because I looked up to him so I was... You know... Not in a great place. I was down with hatred for him and his entire family but I knew I could not do anything to your family… So I starved myself and made myself 'proper' but the hatred did not go away.”

He picks up his glass again and swirled it absentmindedly as his mind spiraled down the darker days. “I wanted to kill myself every day so I tortured animals i

Please log in to read the full chapter