Chicken and Beer

What is Love?
Please log in to read the full chapter
Chicken and Beer

 

Sehun watched every member of his family peering at the little bundle of joy that had arrived that morning and a warm feeling washed over him.

His brother and his wife had welcomed another baby son into their lives and everyone was delighted. In fact, his mother had bought lunch for every nurse and doctors of this giant hospital and the celebrations were on.

Sehun looked around to locate Kina knowing that when Jason and Jihye was around, there was no way they would leave her alone. He laughed a little and felt betrayed by the little demons as they excitedly held her hands and dragged her around.

She was getting better at handling them and was already comfortable in their presence. He jogged over to their side and picks up Jason.

“Why do you two always steal my wife?” He chides them with a faux stern face but the two giggled.

“It’s because you have her ALL the time!” Jason breaks free from his grip and runs towards Kina who rolls her eyes fondly at the boy, “We are going to take her home.”

“You just got a baby brother and you still want Kina?”

Jihye shouts a yes at that making Kina wince. She had been carrying the girl in her arms.

“We take them both. You make your babies,” Jihye struck out her tongue to her uncle making him double up with laughter.

“You want me to make babies?” Sehun was laughing as he lets go of the squiggling Jason and came over to the two princesses to ruffle Jihye’s hair.

“Aunt! Give baby to uncle and come with us,” The little princess solemnly tells her while her little hands cradled Kina’s face whose colour was slowly starting to change. Sehun laughed, his eyes disappearing looking at his wife. He loved the fact that these children were the only ones who could fluster his wife to this point.

Letting out an awkward laugh and a mean look at her husband, she puts down the princess who refused to let go shaking her head vehemently stretching her arms at Kina waiting to be picked up again.

Kina sighs, shakes her head and picks her up again. “I don’t have a baby with me right now… Shall I give you to him instead?”

“NO!” Jihye suddenly looked pained, “Different baby quick…” She was getting emotional, her lips already wobbling.

“Jihye… alright, alright.” Kina’s eyes were wide as she promises the little girl with a little squirm. Sehun raised his eyebrows at that promise and gives a pointed look at Kina who was blushing in all glory.

“Yay! We give baby to uncle and aunt comes with us…” Jihye finally comes down from Kina’s hold and went away cheering as Kina squatted down where she was probably feeling overwhelmed. Sehun also squatted next to her to but was side-tracked by the small figure that had come in between them.

Jason walked over to where Sehun and Kina were squatting announcing his presence which they had momentarily forgotten. He says nothing but looked at them quietly and shakes his head before taking Kina’s hand.

“What happened Jason? Are you unwell?”

His eyes welled up at her question making the woman panic. She brings him to her embrace while Sehun patted his little head.

“What is wrong little buddy?”

“If you have baby then you take care of the baby and forget us…” He begins, hiccupping as he complained. His voice was cracking and shaking, showcasing his deep lament.

Kina was trying not to smile although Sehun failed to keep his straight face.

“There is no way we will forget about you Jason. You are our first baby.” Surprisingly it was Kina who spoke to him… in a very Sehun fashion making the man beam proudly at his wife. Jason meanwhile lets out a dramatically sigh of relief.

“Promise?”

“Of course!”

“Pinky Promise,”

Kina lets out a laugh but pinky-promised her nephew-in-law while her husband watched them with an affectionate smile feeling alll goey inside. This was what family was, he guessed.

Sehun picked up the cheered Jason to his shoulders and made way to his real parents while Kina walked besides them laughing at some silly things Jason was babbling on.

It certainly was not time for Kina to have a baby but Sehun couldn’t help but think about babies if they ever had one. How would their baby would look like? Would it be a girl or a boy and if she were a girl, would she be as pretty as her mother? He wonders how Kina would be as a mother or how he would be as a dad... as parents.

Sehun shook his head and concentrated on the presence of his wife who was chuckling at something Jihye was now telling her.

She would make a good mother, would she not?

 

* * *

 

The finals were never easy and after an eventful first year, the people were slowly settling down to get their final harvest down.

Kina groaned again looking at Sehun with pleading eyes.

“Can I go rest, pleassseeee?”

Sehun sighs and nod his head changing his mind about Kina being a mother whatsoever. She was a little child when it comes to studying. Her exams were just around the corner and yet she was still carefree… too carefree. She had begun baking more goodies than before, taking care of more plants than before and even re-arranging all the rooms in their apartment. Sehun could only rein her back by pulling her away from all those things and place her in front of her books where she’ll pout at him.

The first year was going to be over and Kina was still to grasp that fact that she was now a college student… Or perhaps she did and she still doesn’t care. After all she does all her assignments last minute unless he forces her to do it as well everything else. Thank God she was smart of she would be in a terrible place right now.

After the valentine’s drama and the no-ending welcome of the little boy, the two had awkwardly gotten back to their lives perhaps a little closer than before and it was worth the while but every day was not valentine although some people claim it is. They had return to their daily routine of classes, assignments and preparations and it had been very normal.

Some tinkering sounds started coming from the kitchen and Sehun slaps his forehead knowing Kina had probably begun making some food although they’d eaten just an hour back. Gosh. Who knew exams could be this stressful to a professor. The mid-term exams had not been so because the barely knew each other. They had been in their respective bedroom and now Sehun wondered how on earth Kina scored such good marks with the amount of attention span that she had.

He kept quite though when the sizzling sound began in the kitchen. The only reaction he gave out or could give out was a defeated smile, a face full of amusement - an extremely helpless kind. Where will he began if he actually describe this girl? She was so mature in most ways but then in these little ways she was a literal baby and it was driving him nuts.

 

* * *

 

Kim Jongin looked

Please log in to read the full chapter