SOPHOMORE: Cafeteria

What is Love?
Please log in to read the full chapter

What is Love?

Part 2

 

Sophomore

 

“I think I like her a lot,” He says nodding his head at his best friend as they do their work out in the gym. “I really do.”

His friend stops whatever he was doing and glances at him briefly with a look he had never seen on his face.

“Well of course you should… She is your wife.” He simply says going back to his workout. Sehun thought that was odd because normally if he were to tell his best friend that, the later would break out into some drama.  But then again, it had already been a year and Jongin more or less expected that.

“It would have been bad…” Jongin adds a little later, looking over to him with a smile, “If you two did not like each other. She seems to like you a lot too.”

That perks Sehun up. “She does?”

“Yeah. Of course! She acts differently only around you. Normally she seems very… I don't know... guarded but she's relaxed around you.”

“You think?”

“Yeah… I am sure.”

Sehun lets out a smile without even noticing it making his friend fake gag.

“Ew… Please stop that sappy smile. Ugh. Ugh.”

He laughs out loud. Now that was his friend alright.

 

Cafeteria  

“Have I ever told you how Jongin and I became friends?” Sehun asked suddenly half-way explaining something else. This boy can talk, can he not?

She shook her head and look at him to start the story while her hand just went on with what she was doing.

“He challenged me to a basketball match in the second year of Middle School. We met when we were about 15 I think? Anyhow, we were rivals in class prior to that. In our last second year in middle school, we were placed in the same class so we started competing in everything. We almost fought because we both wanted to present at one presentation so we decided it on Rock-Paper-Scissors. That Lil’ won.”

“You’re the . Loser.” Of course, Kim Jongin was also here. He was always here, wasn’t he?

She rolled her eyes and wished she could just continue with her replanting but he continued on. They were on their balcony where she was replanting her plants because when classes start, it will be difficult to get time to do it, and now since it was spring, it was the best time.

The two men had occupied the chairs and looking at her with hands perched on their chins talking her ears off.

“So anyway we played and I won by a score and somehow we became inseparable after that but we were still rivals.”

More like couples. Kina wished she could say that and shut them up but they had already started discussing something else making her tune them out.

But then, she smiled… She wished she had a friend like them – a friend that ran over when called, no matter the time and occasion.

 

* * *

 

“Isn’t it weird… Sophomore already?” Kyoungsoo smacks his lips to show that he was enjoying the food, “Man…” He scopes another spoonful into his mouth, “It is kind of weird especially in dorms when younger people greet us.”

“For goodness sake close your mouth when you eat! You are such a pig, I swear.” Kina throws him a venomous glance and a tissue. Kyoungsoo clamps his mouth shut and uses the tissue to wipe food that had escaped during his speech.

“Sorry…” He apologizes right away giving her a solemn look, his full lips in a pout.

Kina sighs pick up a slice of fruit with the pick and give it to him. “Eat up stupid.”

At that his rather round cheeks turn up and he flashes the most adorable smile. “Thank you, my boss!”

The title ‘boss’ has somewhat stuck with Kina in their friend circle seeing that they all came to her whenever they needed anything. This bunch of people also always listened to her and in a way ‘boss’ had become so common that they no longer called her Kina.

“Last year… I mean last college year… just flew by.” Kina laid back on the chair and lets out a sigh. “There was so much to do.”

“I think this year will be different though…” She says brightly, sitting up cheerfully. “I mean as a freshman, people expect a lot and want to see what we can do and we also try to show them what we can do, the third year people start to gain responsibilities and the final years obviously have so much to do… SO the only time we are truly free birds is this year. Don't you think so?”

“True…” Kyoungsoo replies, still chewing. The two of them were the only ones for lunch now, the downside of sophomore. They have been split up with only Kyoungsoo and her lunch being now, the rest was 2 hours later. Jimin had literally spilled tears at the fact that Kyoungsoo was going to finish all the food that Kina brings and it was true… He had already finished everything.

Jimin was going to have a field time beating him.

 

* * *

 

“What are you looking at?” A woman’s voice barely in a whisper, spoke out from behind making him jump a little.

“Ah… Not-nothing. Just thinking…” He stammers, his heart almost pum

Please log in to read the full chapter