two

The Unexpected Fall

 

Alarm blaring through out Mina’s room waking her up. She glanced at the clock. An hour before she heads to the University. She rubs her eyes removing the sleepiness in her, and a maid stood in front of her with her perfectyl ironed uniform. 

 

“Lady Mina, Mr. and Mrs. Myoui are already downstairs eating breakfast,” the youngest maid said. Mina only nods, grabbing her uniform and went to her bathroom. 

 

She hates this. Waking up with a maid already inside her room with her uniform in hand. She doesn’t want it. She wants to do everything herself. But she knew it isn’t going to happen anytime soon.

 

She grew up in a very rich family. Both of her parents owning different kinds of companies and her mother, a director of their hospital in Japan. When Mina was younger, she was having a hard time making friends, they would make fun of her because she has a maid and a bodyguard following her everywhere. When her parents found out, they decided to put Mina into a home school. They couldn’t risk their only child being bullied just because of her status in life. Isn’t it supposed to be the other way around? 

 

Mina greeted her parents as she sat down. No one dared to start a talk. 

 

Mr. Myoui cleared his throat, “Good luck on your first day, Mina.” He reached her hand but Mina retracted it away. “Mina..”

 

“Stop,” Mina looked at his father with a matching serious face. “Don’t try to act sweet on me when you just forced me to marry one of my friends. I’m not doing it!” 

 

“Mina, sweetie..” Mrs. Myoui joined, “It’s not like you’re going to marry Jeongyeon now, we’ll have to wait first ‘till you graduate.” she smiled. “Aren’t you guys dating now?” 

 

Mina shook her head aggressively, “No! We are not dating. And will never be.” She slammed her hands on the table. 

 

“Enough! You are going to marry her. Whether you like it or not! It’s what’s best for the company.” Mr. Myoui argued, his face became emotionless. 

 

“I’m leaving!” Mina stood up, grabbed her bag and left the dining area ignoring her mother calling her name. 

 

 

——

 

 

“Lady Myoui,” the driver looked at his rare mirror, “we have arrived at the University,” he said then parked the car in front of the big gate. 

 

Mina looked outside her window and she was amazed. The gate was huge and it has the University’s name carved from gold. ‘MM University’ it said. The gate was built with real gold and the main building’s exterior design was well built. Beside the building was a large space of grass, enough for the students to relax or even have a picnic of their own. And on the other side was the parking lot, and a valet. 

 

The driver ran to Mina’s door and opened it. Mina thanked the driver, still in awe looking at her new school. 

 

“Mina!” 

 

She heard a faint voice behind her then a car honked making her jump in surprise. 

 

“Momo, why the hell did you do that?” Mina asked, annoyed. But still, she was happy she gets to attend a university with her favorite cousin. 

 

Momo exits her car and gave Mina a warm hug, “Welcome to MM University, my dear cousin. Where only rich people attend. Well there’s one person who isn’t but you get my point.” She laughs.

 

“It’s beautiful here,” Mina smiled checking out the building once again. “I can’t wait to study here,” 

 

Momo chuckles, “Let’s go to the office first.” 

 

 

 

Arriving outside the office, before they could even open the door, a loud screaming was heard by the two Japanese. 

 

“I ING HATE YOU!” 

 

The two girls looked at each other, trying familiarize the voice. Then another scream followed. 

 

“AND YOU THINK I ING LIKE YOU?”

 

They hesitated to open the door for they might interrupt something but someone on the other side of the door, opened it.

 

“Sana! You scared the crap out of me,” Momo placed her hand on her chest.

 

“Momo! Mina! Why are you guys just standing there? Come inside!” Sana opened the door wide for the two. Mina took a peek from the door seeing two girls facing each other while two teachers (Mina assumed) was trying to stop them from punching each other.

 

Sana looked at Mina who was visibly scared, “Don’t worry. It’s just Seulgi and Im.” 

 

“Was it because of what happened yesterday?” Momo asked, smirking. 

 

Sana nodded.

 

The three Japanese stood at the side silently waiting for them to finish whatever they’re trying to do. Mina, was trying to take a look at the ‘Im’ girl but failed because her back was facing Mina. 

 

“This is ridiculous! ing expelled this piece of ! She doesn’t belong here!” Seulgi pushed the Im girl who was about to throw a punch at her but was lucky a teacher who just arrived stopped her on time.

 

“That is nonsense, Miss Kang! Just calm down and we’ll sort this one out!” The teacher who just arrived said, still holding Im in her place. 

 

“Then you!” Seulgi points at the girl, “ing apologize to me.” She poked the girl’s forehead hard. 

 

The Japanese were just watching them attentively.

 

“Why the would I apologize?! What did I ever do to you?!” The girl shouted back balling her hand into a fist. “It was not my fault your girlfriend dumped you because of me,” she smirked. 

 

“Okay, enough!” The woman in between the two girls shouted. “The two of you apologize to each other and—“ 

 

“I would never apologize to her!” The girl yelled, picking up her bag from the floor then left the office not forgetting to slam it shut. Mina was able to look at the girl’s face. Well, only the eyes but it was better than nothing. 

 

“You may leave now, Seulgi.” The tall man said. Seulgi scoffs and left the room.

 

The three Japanese were standing awkwardly at the side of the room not daring to spare a glance at the teachers who were looking at them intently.

 

A clearing of throat got their attention, “I’m sorry about that. I’m Lee Min Ho or Mr. Lee or whatever you prefer to call me. I apologize but the dean won’t be able to meet you today....Ms. M-Myo?” he was struggling to pronounce Mina’s last name.

 

The two older Japanese snickered earning a glare from the younger.

 

“Myoui,” she corrected.

 

“Ah yes. Sorry about that,” Mr. Lee said, “but he did tell me to come and greet you. Welcome to MM University.” he smiled.

 

“Thank you,” Mina smiled at him. A forced one. 

 

“Your father already told me about your past. About home schooling. You’ll enjoy it here, but if you got any problems regarding about your schedule or anything in particular, don’t hesitate to look for,” he pats his hand to the girl beside him, “Park Jihyo. She’s just student council president.” 

 

Mina nodded. 

 

“Your friends can tour you around,” 

 

Mina thanked the professor then left the office with the two older Japanese following behind her. 

 

The bell rang indicating that the class was already starting. Mina bid goodbye to the two declining their offer to take her to her class saying she can handle herself. 

 

 

 

 

 

Clearly not.

 

She’s obviously lost right now to how big the campus is. 

 

She ended up standing beside a big tree.

 

Mina was getting nervous, it was her first day and she was already late. She does have an acceptable reason but it just scares her. A new student already late for her class. She remembered what the professor told her earlier about asking for help. But she knew Jihoo? Or whatever her name is, is already in her class. 

 

She looked at her phone to check her schedule and the building she supposed to be in.

 

“Business. Building A.” Mina said as she started walking not looking to where she was going. 

 

About to look up when she bumped into someone. She picked up her phone from the ground, her tongue clicks in annoyance but face became pale when she looked to who the person was. 

 

“S-sorry,” she stuttered quickly bowing down to the person in front of her. 

 

“You’re the new girl.” It was rather a statement than a question. She said tilting her head lightly to the side, hands inside the pocket of her tracksuit’s jacket.

 

Mina nodded not looking at her eyes.

 

“And you’re already skipping class,” 

 

“I- I didn’t mean to...I got lost,” Mina lowered her head in embarrassment. She should have accepted Momo and Sana’s offer earlier. 

 

The girl hums, “What class and what building? I’ll take you there.” she said face still emotionless. 

 

Mina couldn’t reply. The memory of what happened at the office was still fresh in her mind and it made her scared.

 

“Do you want me to help you or not?” The girl spoke again but with an irritated tone.

 

Mina unlocks her phone again, “B-business, building A.” 

 

The girl nods, “Let’s go....” she paused.

 

“Mina. M-Myoui Mina.” 

 

“Let’s go, Mina.”

 

After a minute of walking, the two finally arrived at Mina’s building. At first, Mina was hesitating to enter the building because she might gain attention when she enters. 

 

“Go now,” The girl beside her said, looking at her. Mina nodded, took a deep breath and pushed the door open. She was right. She’ll gain attention since the door was where the students were facing. She looked back to thank the girl but she already disappeared.

 

“Ms. Myoui, you’re ten minutes late on your first day.” 

 

“I’m sorry, I got lost.” Mina bowed for an apology.

 

“It’s okay, don’t do it again. I don’t like late comers. Take a seat.”

 

Mina apologized again and took a seat in the second row.

 

 

 

——

 

 

“You got lost?! That’s what happens when you reject an offer!” Momo said taking a seat on a vacant table with Sana beside her drinking her juice and Mina in front of her, pouting.

 

“Well someone helped me,” Mina placed her tray in front of her picking up her chopsticks. 

 

“Who?” Momo and Sana asked in unison. “Jinx!” they both said again, “Jinx again!” and again.

 

“I didn’t got her name. But it was the same girl who bumped into me yesterday at the mall and the one who was shouting at the office earlier,” 

 

Sana chokes on her drink same as Momo but on her salad. 

 

Momo’s eyes widened, “You mean Im?!” 

 

Mina nodded innocently not knowing to why her cousin was acting like she did the craziest thing. “Yeah, why?” 

 

“Nothing- nothing. Did she hurt you?” Sana asked still recovering.

 

“No, she didn’t.” Mina paused, “but I got a question though,” 

 

The older ones looked at Mina.

 

“Why wasn’t she in uniform?” She tilted her head in a cute way.

 

“Because she—“

 

A loud metal hitting the floor cuts Momo off. The Japanese trio looked to where it was and it was at the middle of the cafeteria. 

 

“Seulgi and Im, at it again.” Sana said, making Mina look at her and back at the commotion.

 

“I said you’re sitting on our table!” Seulgi raised her voice, a smirk evident in her lips. “Im. Nayeon.” 

 

All eyes were on them. 

 

“You don’t have your name written here so it’s clearly not yours,” Nayeon, who Mina finally knew her name, answers back folding her arms looking at Seulgi with an — again — emotionless face.

 

Seulgi grabs the collar of Nayeon’s jacket earning a gasped from the students who were watching them. Nayeon who seemed to be unbothered, just clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes. 

 

“I said move!” She pushed Nayeon away making her fall on the floor with a loud thud. Seulgi throw Nayeon’s bag at her and her group took a seat at the already unoccupied table where Nayeon was seating.

 

Everyone went back to their own business not helping or sparing a glance at Nayeon anymore. 

 

But there was one person who didn’t left her eyes from Nayeon, watching her aggressively grab her bag and left the building. 

 

Once she was gone, she turned back to face the two again.

 

“That was...something,” she started and continued to eat her food.

 

Sana shrugged, “You’ll get used to it somehow...” 

 

“Is it a thing between them?” Mina asked completely curious. 

 

“Well it started last year...when Irene dumped Seulgi for Nayeon,” Momo placed down her chopsticks. 

 

“Oh” was the only Mina could say. And she didn’t asked a question again.

 

 

——

 

 

Mina was already gathering her things ready to leave when a person stood in front of her. She looked up to see a boy scratching his head.

 

“H-hi..” he stutters.

 

Who wouldn’t? Seeing a goddess in front of you. 

 

“Hello,” Mina smiled at him. 

 

There was a brief pause. Both having a staring contest. 

 

Mina cleared .

 

“Oh! Right. My name’s BamBam. And I was wondering if—“

 

“Mina!” A loud shout cuts him off. “Mina! Your driver’s already here!” It was Jeongyeon. Mina nodded at her. She continued gathering her things giving the boy a smile, “Maybe next time,” then she left.

 

Is this what if feels like when someone tries to talk to you? It did make Mina uncomfortable for some reason but it was nice having someone to talk to you even for just a short amount of time. 

 

She can’t wait to meet new people and make friends. 

 

She sounded like a child, but she doesn’t care. She haven’t had the chance to make friends when she was younger but now, she already has the chance to do so.

 

“Our family are having dinner together,” Jeongyeon said offering to hold Mina’s bag but Mina declined.

 

“Okay,” Mina said as she enters her vehicle. She was glad Jeongyeon brought her own car because she doesn’t wanna deal with her right now. 

 

 

 

 

Arriving the Myoui’s Mansion. Mina can already see familiar cars parked in front of their house. It was from the Yoo’s. 

 

Mina knew why they were here. She knew that it’s not just an ordinary dinner. 

 

Exiting the car, Jeongyeon was already in front of her with a big smile on her face. Mina gave her a tight smile. She went straight to her room to get ready for the dinner which was happening in an hour. 

 

If Mina could decide, she will definitely skip the dinner and just stay in her room, browsing the internet. The dinner happening later, is for the arrangement talk. It was not the catching-up talk. 

 

She sighed putting on her dress, facing the mirror, checking herself out. 

 

She grabbed her phone from the table and left her room then went straight at the dining area to be meet with the Yoo family with Jeongyeon sitting beside her assigned seat. She greeted Mrs. Yoo with a smile on her face - which was obviously a forced one - giving her a hug. 

 

“You’ve grown beautifully, Mina.” She smiled at her.  Mina only smiled at her then took a seat. 

 

They started eating with their parents talking about their companies and businesses outside company. Mina was silent the whole time stopping her self from using her phone. Jeongyeon was joining in and out of the conversation, trying to add Mina. 

 

“So, how are you and Mina?” Mr. Myoui asked Jeongyeon who glanced at Mina seeing her roll her eyes.

 

“Uhm— we’re doing good,” Jeongyeon smiled, glancing once more at Mina. 

 

“Are you guys dating now?” Mrs. Myoui asked.

 

“No!” Mina answered fast. Too fast. 

 

“Might as well start now,” Mr. Yoo said, trying to lift up the atmosphere. 

 

“We’re...” Jeongyeon paused looking at Mina, “taking it slow. I’m still waiting for Mina to finish her first year in college before I can properly court her,” 

 

“That’s good, that’s good.” Mr. Myoui nodded.

 

Mina groans internally.

 

This is going to be a long night.

 

 

im sorry if there's any mistakes!!!