one

The Unexpected Fall

 

“You don’t have to go with me, you know,” Mina said through the phone as she picks up her purse. “I’m just going to buy some things for tomorrow,” 

 

“But I just want to go shopping with you,” Momo whines from the other side of the call. Mina knew Momo was pouting despite not really seeing her face. 

 

Tomorrow is supposed to be Mina’s first day at the University after being home schooled for years now. She’ll finally feel what it’s like to be around people her age and maybe meet new people.

 

“My bodyguard is already going with me,” Mina said as she exits her room only to be met by her father. She lowers her phone and said, “I’m going to the mall.” 

 

Mr. Myoui smiled at her, “That’s great. Jeongyeon is downstairs. Take her with you,” he said as he pats Mina’s head and went straight to his office without even letting Mina protest. 

 

She lift her phone back at her ear, “On the second thought, Momo come with me,” 

 

“What changed your mind?” Short pause. “Oh! Is it ‘you know who’?” Momo teased letting out a giggle. “You know, maybe you should give her a chance, Minari.”

 

Mina only groans. Maybe it was a bad idea after all. Momo with her and Jeongyeon? It’s definitely bad. Don’t get Mina wrong, she doesn’t hate Jeongyeon, she did nothing wrong. But because of her parents and Jeongyeon’s setting them up on a marriage made it awkward between them. They were good friends, but when the moment they knew about this, everything just suddenly changed. Jeongyeon became so sweet to the point Mina was finding it weird. She was getting uncomfortable. 

 

“Momo, please. I’m telling you to come with me so it won’t be awkward between us,” Mina plead. She told Momo to meet her at the mall and as she was walking down the stairs she already see Jeongyeon with flowers in her hands.

 

“Hey, I heard you were going to the mall,” Jeongyeon hands Mina the flowers, “Can I go with you?” 

 

“Thank you for this,” Mina smells the flowers and hands it to one of her maids. “Yeah, sure. I told Momo we’ll meet there,” she said coldly.

 

“Oh— with Momo....Yeah— okay,” Jeongyeon clears . Mina knew what she was thinking. “Let’s go?” 

 

“Okay,” Mina walks to the front door to be opened wide by the butlers. She thanked them and got inside at the back of the car followed by Jeongyeon. 

 

“So, first day, huh?” Jeongyeon started as soon as the car left the mansion. Mina only nods looking outside the window. “It’s going to be fun,” she tried talking to Mina. But she knows, it all changed between her and Mina.

 

“I hope so,” Mina answered not sparing a glance at Jeongyeon. 

 

“You know we have to do this, right?” Jeongyeon looks at Mina. “We’ll get married in the future, Mina.” she tried to hold her hand but Mina yanks it away.

 

It was an arranged marriage by both of their parents to ‘make the company stronger’. They weren’t dating yet, but as soon as Mina graduates from college that’s when everything starts. 

 

The whole ride was silent. Jeongyeon didn’t try to make a conversation anymore because she knows Mina will just get annoyed from the specific topic. 

 

“We’ve arrived,” the driver said as she stops the car. The bodyguard exits the vehicle, went to Mina’s side and opens the door. 

 

They were getting a lot of attention but Mina ignored it as it would only make her uncomfortable from the unwanted attention. 

 

Her bodyguard stood behind her and Jeongyeon as she walks, her eyes scanning her Japanese friend. She spotted Momo in front of a cafe with coffee in her hand. 

 

“Momo,” she calls her cousin, walking to her. “How are you?” she asked kissing her cousin’s cheek. But her cousin ignored her and had her attention at Jeongyeon. 

 

“You must be Yoo Jeongyeon..” Momo points, “the future wife!” she exclaimed clapping her hands. Mina rolled her eyes discreetly.

 

“And you must be the cousin, Hirai Momo.” Jeongyeon shakes Momo’s hand giving her a toothless smile. 

 

They all started walking again. Going from store and to another store buying everything that Mina needs for tomorrow. The mall was packed. But it was no surprise since tomorrow is the start of the class. Momo was making fun of Mina for buying such ‘useless’ things but Mina would only punch her shoulder and still continue to buy the school supplies.

 

It was her first time buying stuff for school so she was making the most of it.

 

“Why didn’t you just let your maids buy you these?” Momo asked, obviously teasing. Then she grabbed the different colored pens from Mina’s basket, “and these? Mina, are you a child?” She laughs. 

 

Mina slapped Momo’s hand and got her pens back to her basket, “I just liked it. What’s wrong with that?” 

 

“You’re in college now, not in kindergarten,” Momo laughs so loud, all attention were on them.

 

“Sorry!” It was Jeongyeon who apologized. Momo wiggled her eyebrows at Mina bumping her shoulder. 

 

“Nothing’s wrong with that Momo, I actually find it cute,” Jeongyeon looks at Mina, “Let me help you carry this,” 

 

Mina huffs then shove the basket to Jeongyeon then started walking to the cashier. 

 

“She acts like a child,” Momo said and shook her head. They both followed Mina to the cashier to pay for the items. 

 

“THERE’S A FIGHT!” One of the staff from a different store shouted to the cashier they were in. People started running to the direction where the staff went. Mina’s bodyguard stood beside them for protection.

 

“I wanna see!” Momo shouted then ran out off the store with Mina following her. 

 

“Lady Mina!” The bodyguard shouted then followed the two Japanese. Jeongyeon paid for the items then followed.

 

“The students were from MM University!”

“Wait? Both girls were having a fist fight?”

“The one who saw said it was that smaller girl who started it!”

“ing delinquents!”

 

The girls heard from the strangers beside them who were also trying to take a look at the scene. They couldn’t see the fight due to people crowding. 

 

The crowd gasped and it was the moment the mall guard came whistling.

 

“Chase her!” One of the guards shouted.

 

Guards continued to blow their whistles indicating they were on a chase and the crowds started moving aside not to be noticed by the three girls. 

 

“Excuse me!” Someone shouted pushing people. 

 

Mina didn’t have the time to move aside when a running hooded person pushed her causing her to fall to her . Momo and Jeongyeon immediately helped her up and the bodyguard was about to chase down the person when Mina stopped him. 

 

“ing hell! She escaped!” They looked to who it was. It was Kang Seulgi. Daughter of the director on one of the biggest hospitals in Asia. “She ing escaped! Go find her!” Seulgi shouted at the guards. 

 

“Seulgi, what happened?” Jeongyeon asked, completely concerned at her friend. “Are you alright?” 

 

Seulgi was surprised to see her friends in front of her with worried looks. She nodded. “Yeah, it was just you know, Im.” she said glaring at the direction to where the girl ran. “But don’t worry. I’ll get her tomorrow,” she smirked.

 

“First day of school? Really?” Momo asks amused. “You really hate her guts, huh?” 

 

“Yeah,” Seulgi curls her hand into a fist.

 

“Seulgi! Thank gosh, you’re okay!” A girl ran from behind chasing her breath. “I can’t believe she ing punched you! The audacity!” she imitated doing a punch making the girls laugh at her antics, then stopped when she heard a familiar laughter.

 

“Momo, Jeongyeon! I didn’t know you guys were here! And who’s this? Hello, I’m Joy.” she shook Mina’s hand. The bodyguard was about to push her away but she released her hand fast. “Damn, I didn’t do anything. Calm your !”

 

“It was nice seeing you guys, but we gotta go. My father’s waiting for me. Let’s go Joy.” Seulgi waved her hand dragging Joy and disappeared from the crowd.

 

“Mina, are you okay?” Jeongyeon turned her attention to Mina who was quiet the whole time. Mina only nodded then started walking away. 

 

Jeongyeon sighs, “Maybe she’s tired.” 

 

Momo gave her a sad look then followed Mina. 

 

 

——

 

 

Mina was in her room typing her thoughts in her laptop when her phone started vibrating. She ignored it at first thinking it was just a random notification. Then it started vibrating nonstop. She unlocked her phone and it was her Twitter. Her notifications were blowing.

 

It was a video from what happened earlier at the mall.

 

‘The great Im running away again kkkkkk’ The caption says. 

 

She watched the video and it was really Seulgi and a girl facing her each other. She was smirking hiding her anger and the other girl’s face wasn’t shown since she was facing away from the camera. Seulgi was shouting something at the girl in front of her and that’s when the hooded girl punched Seulgi and at the same time whistles can be heard from the distance. She pushed Seulgi and ran through the crowd of people. 

 

Mina exits from the video and read some comments. 

 

: just wait ‘till Seulgi gets Im. She’s dead meat!!!

: this is what happens when you steal someone’s girl!!! 

: waiting for the fight tomorrow again x

: run for you life, im. Run for your life.. kkk

: first day of school would be interesting!!...can’t wait!!! Kkkkkk

 

“This is insane,” Mina mumbled to herself closing her phone. Then her phone rang. It was her cousin.

 

“Mina! Have you seen the video?” Momo shouted as soon as Mina answered her call. 

 

“Yeah, just saw it now,” 

 

“This is insane! I can’t wait for tomorrow!” Momo excitedly says. “It’s gonna be a fantastic fight. I just now it,” 

 

“Momo, is it really the ‘most expensive and respected school’?” Mina said mimicking Momo voice. “Because it seems like the students are always fighting.” 

 

Then she heard Momo’s loud laughter.

 

“It’s not ALL students. It’s just between Seulgi and Im. No need to worry. It’s been going for a year now.” Momo assured Mina. She will make sure Mina’s first day will be the best. “Well! I need to hang up I still need to—“

 

“Call Sana. I know,” They both said their goodbyes and hang up. Mina sighs.

 

 

Who is this Im? 

 

 

 

 

this is more like the “introduction” of the story?????? Kinda??? Idkidkidk