fifteen

The Unexpected Fall

 

It was already night. But none of them were sleeping yet, as they were waiting for Nayeon to wake up. The couples were in their own world while Mina was watching Nayeon sleep. Creepy, but Mina doesn’t care. She wants to be the one Nayeon sees the moment she opens her eyes.

 

Now she’s feeling really bad for not listening to Nayeon. It’s like she listened to her pride more than to her heart. But thanks to the three girls, who happens to be her friends now (and since they’re the girlfriends of her friends), they told her everything. Maybe if she believed Nayeon, this wouldn’t happen. Nayeon wouldn’t be like this as she will always be in Mina’s side and Mina will protect her.

 

She felt Nayeon moves in her sleep. She immediately held her hand and tells the girl about Nayeon.

 

“Mina..” she hears Nayeon say. But her eyes were still closed. She was sleep talking. “I saw your when you were climing the tree last time.” Nayeon confessed, while asleep.

 

Mina lets out a laugh, and the good thing is, she was the only one who heard it. Now she felt shy, why didn’t Nayeon say anything.

 

“Mina, sleep first. I’m pretty sure Nayeon will wake up tomorrow.” Jihyo walks behind Mina, holding her shoulders.

 

“It’s okay, Hyo. I’m not tired yet.”

 

“Okay, we’ll sleep in the other room.”

 

“Okay..”

 

Mina watches her friends leave the room. She insisted that maybe two of them would stay in the room but they told her that if would be better if she and Nayeon would have an alone time. And so they could talk.

 

After they left, she busies herself by playing her phone or watching tv. Hours passed by and she feels herself getting sleepy. She lays down beside Nayeon, going under the covers she was in. She lays her arm on Nayeon’s torso, setting her head on her neck.

 

 

 

 

Nayeon wakes up to a body clinging to her, thinking it was just her roommate Dahyun. She rubs her eyes, lifting her head to look at the balcony and a sunlight hits her eye making her hiss like a vampire. Just as she was about to remove the arm around her, she halts. This isn’t Dahyun.

 

“. Did I do it again?” She slept with strangers again? No, no, no, no.

 

She moves the person’s long blonde hair and she carefully lifts up her arm and placing it on her side. The girl beside her suddenly stirs in her sleep moving away from Nayeon and now completely showing her face. Oh, it’s Mina.

 

“Mina!?” Nayeon yelp, causing herself to fall down from the bed with a loud thud. She rubs her back. “, that hurts.”

 

After she recovered, she kneels beside the bed staring at the younger girl she had surely missed. But she was confused, how is she in her room? She looks around inside the room and they were the only ones there. Where are her roommates?

 

Then suddenly memories from yesterday came flashing through her mind.

 

She was drowning.

 

That’s what all she remembered before everything went dark.

 

“Unnie...” A voice called her, she shake her head and looks at Mina who was already looking at her. “What are you doing in the floor? It’s cold. Come here,” Mina makes grabby hands making Nayeon melt in cuteness. Gosh.

 

Nayeon obeys, crawling on the bed towards Mina, as she kneels in front of the younger. “Mina...please let’s talk.”

 

Mina didn’t answer back, instead she engulf Nayeon in a hug, burying her head on her chest feeling the older’s now fast heartbeat. “I’m sorry for— for not listening to you. I—I already the truth now, unnie. Your roommates told us.” she sniffs, as she tightens her hold.

 

“What?”

 

Mina pulls away, staring into Nayeon’s eyes. “They told me how Irene set everything up. I think hired someone to take the photo.”

 

Nayeon’s knuckles was turning white, “She did?” she said through her gritted teeth.

 

“Unnie, please calm down. W—we’re okay, now.” Mina caress Nayeon’s cheeks trying the calm the older.

 

Nayeon eventually calmed down at Mina’s touch, “We’re okay, we’re okay. Thank you, Mina.” she placed a gentle kiss on the younger’s head. “Thank you for giving me another chance.”

 

“It wasn’t your fault, unnie. I was just too sad to listen to you. I’m sorry.”

 

“I’m sorry, too. I promise I won’t do anything that will hurt you. I won’t let you go, ever. No matter what happens, I’ll fight for you. For us.” Nayeon said. She thinks everything that happens in the past will happen again, in the future. But this time, she won’t give up. She will do everything, just to have Mina.

 

Mina giggles, “Okay, enough now. Let’s go to the others.”

 

“Where are they?”

 

“In the other room.”

 

“Why? There’s plenty of space here..” Nayeon points at the other unoccupied bed. “Others could just stayed there.”

 

Mina pouted, “You didn’t want to stay alone with me? Is that what you’re trying to tell me?”

 

Nayeon shook her head, “Of course, not.” she smiled at the younger. “Let’s go get them,”

 

“But it’s still earlyyyyyyy,” Mina whines.

 

“Come on, now.”

 

And so, they made their way to the other room. Good thing Jihyo came back last night to give Mina their key card and now they can just enter the room without a single knock.

 

“Should we wake them up?” Nayeon asks, as both of them watches their friends lay on the bed, cuddling their girlfriends. Well, Sana and Dahyun weren’t girlfriends but knowing Sana, they might be on the way there as both of them cuddles on the couch.

 

“Uh— maybe later.” Mina eyes her best friend, Sana, whose head was burried on Dahyun’s neck.

 

Nayeon and Mina came back to their room to prepare for the day, getting distracted here and there (Mina points at Nayeon). Who could blame them? They haven’t talk for days because of a picture circulating around the internet.

 

Nayeon did tried to take a shower with Mina, but Mina only punches Nayeon on the stomach and locks the door. Nayeon only laughs at the other side of the door and said that she was only joking but if Mina wanted it she could just tell Nayeon. The door opens again and a towel hits Nayeon on the face.

 

Nayeon’s happy. Finally, they’re back together.

 

They waited inside the other room waiting for everyone to wake up.

 

And Nayeon had other plans.

 

They were seating on a one person couch while Mina was on Nayeon’s lap.

 

“I’m so happy right now..” Nayeon tries to distract Mina as she hugs her while her hands were creeping to her thighs.

 

“Me too, unnie.” Mina leans on Nayeon, completely unaware at the hands. “But I have a question..” she looks at Momo, who was moving in her sleep.

 

“Mhm?” Nayeon hums, deepening her touch on Mina’s thighs.

 

“Why were you and Irene together in the first place?

 

Nayeon pecks the younger’s nape, “We saw her waiting outside the place where I fight and she said she wanted to talk.”

 

“We? Who were you with?”

 

“Mark.”

 

“Oh. Okay.” Mina hums.

 

Nayeon rubs her thumb on Mina’s thigh making Mina squirm after finally realizing the hand on her thigh.

 

“U-unnie..” Mina holds the hand on her thighs, “Ngh..stop. Please,”

 

Nayeon snaps and removes her hand, “I-..I’m sorry, Mina. , I’m really sorry.” she buries her head Mina’s back.

 

“It’s okay, unnie. It’s just that— the others are here..” Mina feels her cheeks burning. “Maybe next time..” then she blushed hard again.

 

“I was just...distracted.” Nayeon rests her elbow on the couch and stares at Mina’s exposed legs. “At something..” then she her lips.

 

Mina followed to where Nayeon was looking and hits Nayeon with her elbow.

 

Nayeon suddenly had a plan on how to wake up the others. She picks up Mina then placed her back at the couch and she walks over to the table grabbing the two big empty cans. Mina stifles her laugh as she watches Nayeon tiptoes in the middle of the room. The older signals Mina to cover her ear, and she does.

 

“Wake up!” Nayeon yelled, as she hits the cans together continuously, “Everyone has to wake up! Wakey, wakey!” she yells walking around the room, marching.

 

Everyone started waking up, angrily, by the sudden shout and sound of cans. It was pretty annoying. Momo attempted to throw a pillow at Nayeon but failed miserably when her arms weakens. Mina watches Sana wakes up, smiling as she stares at Dahyun. Jihyo covered Tzuyu’s ears while Chaeyoung pulls Momo closer to her.

 

Nayeon stopped what she was doing when she was starting to get annoyed by it too, and sat down on the ground between Mina’s legs.

 

“You made everyone hates you,” Mina whispers in her ear. Nayeon only laughs.

 

“Everyone get ready, we’re going out!” Nayeon yelled again, and this time Momo successfully hits Nayeon on the face. With the can she just used. “That hurts!”

 

Momo only stuck her tongue out and went to her luggage.

 

 

 

 

 

“I think we should go anywhere we want since there’s no activity for today.” Jihyo looks at her phone. “Activities starts tomorrow and so on until the trip ends.”

 

“We should take our girlfriends to dates.” Nayeon raises her hand with a smirk plastered on her face.

 

“You’re not even in a relationship with Mina. So technically it should be, taking the person you like on a date then ask them to be your girlfriend later on.” Momo smirks at Nayeon.

 

“Shut up, Homo. But anyway, we should.”

 

“It’s Momo, you idiot.”

 

“I’m not an idiot, you are!”

 

The rest just sighed, shaking their heads. The two oldest among the group just continued arguing while the younger ones started walking away from the two who was unaware from the departure of their friends.

 

“Can you stop. Let’s go Mina— Mina?” Nayeon turns around trying to find Mina and the rest. “Where are they?” she asks Momo.

 

“How will I know you kept talking to me!” Momo crosses her arms and turns trying to find the others too. “Oh, they’re already there! At the beach!”

 

The two stops at the side walk waiting for the green light to turn red to they can pass.

 

Nayeon looks at Momo, “Should we hold hands before we cross the street?” then she offers her hand to Momo.

 

“What!? Why would I— Yeah, I think we should.” Momo grabs Nayeon’s hand and then they started walking as soon as it was safe for them to cross. They swing their arms like children.

 

What they didn’t know was the rest was watching them. Mina and Chaeyoung didn’t feel any jealousy, knowing that the two were only starting their friendship. A great one.

 

“You guys left us,” Nayeon pouts, looking at Mina still not letting go of Momo’s hand.

 

“Yeah, now I had to hold grandma’s hand while crossing the street.” Momo copies Nayeon’s pouts, looking at her girlfriend.

 

“It’s not our fault you two keeps arguing.” Sana holds Dahyun’s hand. “Let’s go on our own date!” then they both left.

 

“I guess we have to go on our own, too.” Tzuyu said lacking energy as if she doesn’t wanna go on a date with Jihyo (but of course she was just teasing).

 

“Why do you sound like you don’t want to?” Jihyo raised her eyebrows.

 

“I’m just kidding, baby. Let’s go!” Tzuyu cheers, leading Jihyo away from the remaining pair.

 

Nayeon winks at Momo, “Let’s go, Momo.” Nayeon started walking away not letting go of Momo’s hand.

 

Mina and Chaeyoung was left staring at the two with a frown and a pout on their faces. They were about to walk away (on different directions) when the two came running back holding their hand and apologizing.

 

“I’m just kidding, Mina. Let’s have our own date, right now! I don’t know where, but we goooooo!” Nayeon points the direction she was going.

 

Mina only laughs at this.

 

 

 

 

Nayeon and Mina ended up in a market. They walk hand in hand, looking at every food on each stand. The older decided they should play a game as they walk by. They will rate each food they say even if they do not know what it taste like. Mina found it silly since she almost tasted everything they were selling but played their so called game anyway.

 

As they play their game, which eventually stopped because Nayeon started asking for some free taste though the owners do not have free samples. But Nayeon is Nayeon, she acted cute (at the same time forced) the owner to just give her a little. They just shake their head and give Nayeon one.

 

After the market, they arrived at the shopping mall. There weren’t as many people as the market but it also had couples inside.

 

Nayeon drags Mina on a certain store which had different accessories and types of clothes. The shop owner was very friendly and lets them try on things Mina told Nayeon not to.

 

But Nayeon didn’t listen, instead she puts a big fedora hat on Mina and wraps a scarf on her, completely not matching. Nayeon wears a sunglasses, wearing a blazer and started posing on a mirror. Mina shakes her head and follows Nayeon. The owner only takes pictures of them and laughing along as the two enjoys themselves.

 

Nayeon came out from the dressing room with a different outfit, doing poses as Mina captures every moment with her phone, laughing out loud. It had started getting the passerby’s attention watching Nayeon doing her silly catwalks inside the store with music blaring at the speaker. Mina had to stop Nayeon as she didn’t want to spend their whole day inside the store. The owner thanked them for the laughs they had given her.

 

Mina was feeling very very happy. She can’t stop smiling at Nayeon whatever she was doing. She’s very happy just standing beside the girl she likes. But she sees the older having a hard time. She knew why, Nayeon keeps looking at her hand. She wanted to laugh at the situation but instead she intertwined their hands together. Nayeon only widens her smile.

 

Walking around the mall, hand in hand, with a smile on their faces, Nayeon knew, she just knew she wanted to spend more time with Mina. She wants to spend every second with her, by her side.

 

She pushed the negative thoughts forming inside her head and just thinks the happy ones. Like the one right now.

 

They ate their lunch at a restaurant near the beach. Nayeon wasn’t familiar with the food inside so she was having a hard time picking what she would eat. Nayeon ended up ordering a steak. She was craving for meat. The waiter excuse himself to prepare their order.

 

“Why did I order a steak. I don’t think I can  pay—“ Nayeon checks her wallet, “Oh, I can. What about you, Mina? What did you get?”

 

“I got bulgogi.” Mina smiled softly.

 

“.” Nayeon mumbles.

 

“Why?”

 

“I don’t think my money is enough for the two of us. I should just cancel mine so I can pay for your order—“ Nayeon stops rambling when she felt a hand on top of hers that was holding her wallet.

 

“Unnie, you don’t have to pay for mine. I have a money for a reason.” Mina reaches her hand across the table to caress Nayeon’s cheeks, then sit back down.

 

“I— I’m sorry, Mina. It’s our date and I couldn’t pay for the both of us— I’m sorry,” Nayeon lowers her head, closing her wallet and placed it inside her shoulder bag.

 

“Unnie, look at me. It’s okay. You don’t have to pay for our lunch. You know what, I’ll just pay for the both of us. And you can pay for our snacks later.” Mina smiled.

 

Nayeon lifts her head up with a smile, “Okay. And I want you to buy everything you want, okay?”

 

Mina nodded.

 

They talked for a bit then their order arrives. The food didn’t stop them from talking and it just made everything better. Talking while eating the food you’ve been craving with the person you like will be the best.

 

The dorky Nayeon came back making jokes about just everything she sees even if it doesn’t make sense. Mina will laugh loud and Nayeon would just stare at her as if she’s looking at the whole world. Well, she is. She’s looking at her world.

 

When they finished their lunch, they started walking again at the beach side with small stores and different types of claw machine.

 

“Oh! Oh! I wanna try that! I wanna try that!” Nayeon jumps towards the machine. With her hands on the glass, her face sticking on the glass. “Mphna Ah Vanna Rah It (Mina I wanna try it)”

 

Mina went to a machine where you can get change your bill to coins. She went back to Nayeon whose face was still on the glass eyeing a certain stuff toy.

 

Mina inserts a coin and started moving the controller. Nayeon started cheering with her inaudible words making Mina laugh but still focused on the claw. Mina failed at her first try which made Nayeon try saying she would get it at her first but then she failed too. They both laugh and tried again. This time, Nayeon successfully got the penguin plushie and gave it to Mina.

 

“Thank you, unnie. But I thought you wanted to have the bunny one?” Mina hugs the penguin tightly to her chest.

 

“It was before I saw the penguin.” Nayeon smiled and kissed Mina on the head.

 

“How did you know that I like penguins?”

 

“You walk like one.” Nayeon turns her head as she spoke but Mina heard, slapping Nayeon softly on her arm.

 

They went on their day, bumping into their other friends who was on their dates as well.

 

 

 

 

“Father..” He bows in front of the man lying on the bed. “I’ve come back from Seoul.”

 

His father turns his head, “I can see that.” He smiled, “Have you seen her, Jaebum? Have you seen your sister?”

 

Jaebum smiles then nods, “Yes, I did. Our princess has grown beautifully now, father.”

 

“A—and Yo—Yoona?” He stutters. “How is she?”

 

Jaebum sighed and sits on his father’s bed, “Still in a coma. But she’s okay now. Her wounds have already healed.”

 

“That’s good,” He smiled but then it drops, “Do you think they would forgive me? For leaving?”

 

“I’m not sure, father. When I talked to Nayeon, she looked uncomfortable. I mean who wouldn’t? I just came into her life again, telling her I’m her brother and told her her father ran away taking her only best friend with him.” Jaebum smiled bitterly, tears forming in his eyes.

 

“I miss your mom and your sister, JB. I miss them so much. I didn’t mean to leave them, I just need to. To protect them—“

 

“From the people who broke your car brakes wanting to kill you? And the people who happens to be after you? Yeah, I know that.” Jaebum snorts. “But it’s over now, right?”

 

He nodded, “Yeah, it’s over now.”

 

Or so he thought.

 

 

 

 

“Before we find a place to seat and watch the sunset, let’s buy our snacks first. And I want you to buy and many as you want.” Nayeon said as they stop in front of a store where you can buy tons of food.

 

Mina laughs at the older and follows her inside. There were indeed tons of food inside. Candies, chips, bread, drinks, you name it, it’s there. They took a picture inside first then started picking the food they want.

 

Mina had two waffles, an orange juice, a bag of different candies and a big lollipop. Nayeon had coke, a bag of lays and some sushi.

 

They sat on a bench with a table in the middle, just perfect for the both of them. Mina had started eating her food and Nayeon was just staring at the sunset.

 

Mina also looks at the sunset, “It’s beautiful, right?”

 

Nayeon turns to her, “Yeah. Beautiful.”

 

A music started playing. It was a soft soothing music. Nayeon stood up from her seat and stretched her hand to Mina, waiting for her to hold it.

 

Mina, who was confused (and just finished eating her waffles) holds Nayeon’s hand. Nayeon wraps her arms around Mina’s waist and started swaying.

 

Mina felt her heart melts. They were slow dancing. While the sun sets.

 

“Where did you learn being this romantic, unnie?” Mina lays her head on Nayeon’s shoulder.

 

“Probably from my dad who I haven’t met yet since I got out from the hospital when I was little.” Nayeon jokes. “I just know he does this.”

 

Mina only hums.

 

“Mina?” Nayeon pulls away, but her arms still on her waist. “I know we haven't known each other for a long time and even so, you made me so happy every time we’re together. Actually even if we’re not together I’m still happy just at the thought of you. And I know, what I feel for you is real. And it’s strong. And I want to take care of you, make you the happiest girl, and I want to lo—love you.” Nayeon stutters at the word. “I’m sorry I’m not good with words, but I just wanted to say that I like you. So much. Very very much. A hundred percent.” Mina laughs. “...And I want to ask you..” Nayeon gulps. “...W—Will you be...my girlfriend?”

 

Then Nayeon waits for her respond.

 

“I feel like this is a marriage proposal.” Mina chuckles. “But yes! I will be your girlfriend, Nayeon unnie.”

 

Nayeon was about to hug Mina.

 

But Mina had other plans.

 

She placed her hands each side on Nayeon cheeks and placing her own lips on Nayeon’s soft ones.

 

It felt amazing.

 

They don’t want this to end.

 

 

theres still more....

 

i didnt know that my last update was a week ago. no proof read!!!