ten

The Unexpected Fall


“.”

 

The nine year old Nayeon heard her father say making her confuse since she never heard him say a bad word until now. She looked at him from the passenger seat and clearly something was wrong.

 

“What’s wrong, papa?” she asked still eating her fries placed on her lap. 

 

“Oh, nothing sweetie— but could you sit on the back and wear a seatbelt?” He said trying to sound calm as possible to avoid scaring little Nayeon. Nayeon nodded her head, lifting herself up and tried her best to go at the back. “Take the seat behind me, darling..” Little Nayeon nodded once more shifting herself to her side and buckling the seatbelt. 

 

“What’s wrong, papa?” She asked once more. Her father only looked at her at the rear view mirror, “I love you, Nayeon-ah..”

 

Before Nayeon could even reply, a loud crash was heard her food flying in the air and the glass shattering into pieces with the horn blaring continuously. Nayeon was still surprisingly awake after the impact and it took her a couple of seconds to realize what has happened. She see blood all over her and a pain on her arms and legs caused by the broken glasses. 

 

She unbuckle the seatbelt, crawling herself to where her father was.

 

Much to Nayeon’s horror, her father was lying on the steering wheel, eyes open and blood on his head. 

 

Nayeon wanted to scream but nothing came out of as she cries with siren going on in the background.

 

And that’s when everything went black.

 

 

 

“!”

 

Nayeon jolt awake with her heart racing in a fast pace and sweat streaming down to her face. What the was that? She was extremely confused. She was dreaming about her father but his face was blurry. And an accident? Nayeon doesn’t remember an accident with her father? But she knew she got into an accident with her mother months ago. 

 

She untangled herself from her blanket, got up and went down to the kitchen to grab some water to clam her nerves down.

 

“What was dream?” She chugs down her water. “No, no, no. I don’t remember getting into an accident when I was young..that was a weird dream.” she harshly placed down the glass almost breaking it and sat down on the floor, hands up to her face. 

 

 

 

 

Throughout the whole class, Nayeon couldn’t stop thinking about the dream she had last night. She felt like it wasn’t just a dream but something that happened to her when she was young. And her father was there though she couldn’t properly see his face but he was there. 

 

But as soon as the bell rang Nayeon hurriedly kept her things to her bag and started walking. She doesn’t know where but she let her feet take her to wherever it would take her. She just needed to think. Why did it felt so real? 

 

Nayeon ended up at the roof top. It was calming because of the quietness and cold breeze. She sat at the edge of the building, her feet dangling at the air that it seems like she’s going to jump. 

 

“Papa...” she mumbled to herself remembering what she called her father in her dream. 

 

Nayeon never remembered being with her father since the day she woke up from the hospital bed. There it was just her mother crying beside her praying for her to wake up. She didn’t remember having a father nor her other memories. She tried to but her head would only hurt if she would try that’s why she told herself not to do it anymore. 

 

 

 

 

“Where did you go?” Mina asked as soon as Nayeon took a seat beside her grabbing the sandwich Mina had saved for her. “Momo told me you didn’t attend your class before lunch.” Nayeon looks at Mina, confused. “Oh! You both have the same classes.” 

 

“I just went somewhere..-“ she took a bite on her sandwich, “-..to think. This is really good!” she took another bite letting out a groan. 

 

“Thanks! I made it myself. But what did you think about?” Mina asked putting ketchup on her home made burger. 

 

“I had this weird dream last night. I was with my father and then we got into an accident and that’s when I woke up breathing hard and sweating..” 

 

“But how was that weird? It was just a dream and dreams tend to be like that. Just random scenarios.” 

 

Nayeon shook her head, “No. It— It felt real and my father was there which-..” she points a finger, “-..I never remember meeting.” 

 

“What do you mean?” 

 

“When I was young..around 9 or 10 years old? I remember waking up in a hospital not remembering how I got there and my past...” Nayeon frowns. “My mother told me that I got into an accident and suddenly lost my memories.” 

 

“That’s...sad. But would you remember it somehow?” Mina looks at her.

 

“Maybe if something triggers it.” Nayeon shrugs. “But! Let’s change the topic! This would only make me sad.” she laughs. 

 

“Okay.”

 

“How about..” Nayeon lingers her words trying to come up with something. “Ah! How about we tell facts about ourselves!” 

 

“Sure, you go first.” 

 

“Hmm..” Nayeon tried to think, “I have...a weak left leg.” she smirked, proud at the random fact. “Because of the traffic accident of me and my mother.” she added. 

 

“I had a crush on this kid when I was still a child.” Mina said.

 

“Ooookay? How is that a fact?” Nayeon teased making Mina roll her eyes. 

 

“It was the first time that I had a crush on someone! And it was the daughter of my family’s driver. She had a missing teeth in the front. I guess it was two? Yeah.” 

 

“Do you know where she is now?” 

 

Mina shook her head, “Nope. But I remember their last name was Lim? I’m not really sure it was really confusing.” 

 

“It seems like we almost has the same last name, minus the letter L. My turn!” Nayeon stared in space, thinking of something about her. It took her a couple of seconds before she remembered one, “I  don’t know how to confess to someone!” she laughs at herself.

 

“What!? After having ten girlfriends? You don’t how?!” Mina asked in disbelief not believing the words Nayeon had said.

 

“It’s true! And I wasn’t the one who confessed, okay? It was them! They were the ones who would come to me and express their feelings!” 

 

“You boast too much.” Mina laughs slightly pushing Nayeon. “The bell already rang! Let’s go!”

 

 

 

 

The three Japanese were chilling at Mina’s room after doing their own work. Momo was busy trying out the new snacks they bought, Sana was on her phone scrolling through her twitter and Mina was playing her Nintendo Switch. 

 

“Have you guys seen Jeongyeon? I haven’t see her recently..” Momo gulps down her drink before looking at Mina who only shrugged. “Mina? What happened?” 

 

Mina sighed and placed down her game facing Momo, “We got into a fight.”

 

“Why?” Momo glanced at Sana to see if she was listening at their conversation but she wasn’t.

 

“Because she was the one who showed my father the video.” Mina sighed. She still can’t believe Jeongyeon would do that to her. “We were great friends, you know. Until we got into this stupid arranged marriage and she accepted it because she told me she likes me.” 

 

“Why don’t you give her a chance?” Momo asked already keeping the food.

 

“I tried but I just— I just can’t like her. It seems like were just meant to be friends and not lovers or—“ 

 

“Guys, look!” Sana cuts Mina off. The two Japanese runs beside Sana while she lets the two read the tweet that was trending in their school. “It’s the account that post stuff!”



@anonymousinvader :

someone sent me a photo of [redacted] and [redacted] kissing outside [redacted]'s apartment!! 😎 22k retweets and i'll post them!!!

 


comments: 

@lialialia: 2k retweets more!!!!

@ryujinnniscool: just post them already!! i cant wait any longerrr lol

@chaeryongiee: i assume it's someone who's in a relationship already 😆

@lucas69: COME ON PEOPLE RETWEET! 😤

@jhopieee: idk how the university hasn't put this account down...

 

“Do they always do that?” Mina asked. “It seems like they’re invading someone else’s privacy.”

 

Sana looks at Mina, “They’re the only ones who post it but it’s actually someone else who took pictures. But not the type to follow them around so they can take a photo but by coincidence.”

 

“That’s weird.” Mina reads the comments. “They really wanted it to be posted, huh?”

 

“Yep!” Momo grabs the phone. “It’s been going on for years. Even if I was still a freshman. I remember they posted a video of the president inside a bar, drinking.”

 

“I agree to what J-Hope said..Why isn’t the page down yet?” Sana said.

 

“It’s kinda fun to see them posts pictures. But you just have to be careful that it’s not you..” Momo looks at Mina with a smirk causing the younger to roll her eyes at her.

 

“Oh, cut it.” Mina slaps Momo. “It was just one time and someone was actually watching us and not just by coincidence!”

 

“Whatever you say, Mina~”

 

“Let’s bet on who will it be.” Sana suggested. “I bet it’s Nayeon.” she smirks looking at Mina.

 

“Sana!” Mina whines, slapping the other girl. “Why her?!”

 

“I’m just kidding! I was just trying to see your reaction.” Sana laughs.

 

Momo raises her hand, “I’m sure it’s Irene and Seulgi. Or just Irene.”

 

Sana nodded in agreement, “Me too.” Then she looks at Mina, “Who are you betting?”

 

“No one!”

 

“You’re a killjoy!” “Oh, come on!” The two older Japanese said at the same time.

 

And Mina only laughs.

 

Little did she know...

 

 

-

No proofread!!!!