twenty

The Unexpected Fall

 

Nayeon stands outside the door of her girlfriend’s mansion. It was her first time to be where Mina lives and damn it was so huge Nayeon could throw an awesome party. Nayeon was getting uncomfortable at the guard who was looking at her. More like, guarding her in case she does something inappropriate or against the rules if theres any. She has her bag beside he while she waits for her girlfriend to call her mother. Nayeon didn’t wanted to go inside so she told Mina she could wait outisde while she calls Mrs. Myoui.

 

Earlier before they arrive at the Myoui Mansion, Mina had told her several things not to do in front of others.

 

No. 1: No holding hands. As it would make it too obvious.

 

No. 2: No sweet talks or using callsigns while with the family.

 

And lastly,

 

No. 3: No kissing.

 

That was the rule that Nayeon hated. But she thought she could do it while they’re alone together. But the main problem is, Nayeon doesn’t know if Mina will stay with her. To sleep.

 

She taps her foot on the ground, fixing her clothes so she could look presentable in front of the Myouis. If Mina had told her she would take her to Japan, Nayeon could have gone shopping to buy new clothes.

 

Her thought were interrupted when the door opens.

 

“Nayeon,” It revealed Mina’s mother wearing something expensive that Nayeon couldn’t even name. “I’m glad you you’re coming with us.”

 

“Haha, yeah.” Was the only thing Nayeon could say.

 

“Don’t be shy now.” Mrs. Myoui laughs, “You’re already like a family to us. By family, I mean me and Mina.” She winks at her. “Speaking of Mina, here she is!”

 

Mina then walks through the door leaving Nayeon in awe. She was wearing a dress that perfectly hugs her curves. Now Nayeon was starting to feel like she didn’t even tried to dress up.

 

Before Nayeon could even talk, Mina was already dragging her to the limousine waiting for them. The inside had a big space that Nayeon could lay down if she can and there was a TV, too! She was to amazed that Mina had to take a photo of her girlfriend. Mrs. Myoui had to call for another car for her daughter and her girlfriend so they could have an alone time.

 

Throughout the ride to the airport, Nayeon was still so amaze. Clicks every button she sees, tries out every candy of the food area, and changes the channel on the TV. Mina was only laughing at her, taking pictures and videos every now and then. She was happy that Nayeon agreed to come with her to Japan. At least she won’t get bored while her girlfriend is there.

 

“Mina, this is so cool!” Nayeon finally sat down beside Mina, “But I swear I feel like I’ve been inside here before I just couldn’t remember when.”

 

“I’m happy you came.” Mina smiled.

 

“That sounds...weird.” Nayeon looks at her girlfriend. She was thinking something else. Something like what people do when they...

 

“Why is it weird?” Mina tilts her head in confusion.

 

“Oh, nothing.” Nayeon laughs. “I just love how innocent you are.” She bops Mina’s nose. “Oh, what is this.” Then she went back checking out everything she sees while Mina only watches.

 

The plane ticket wasn’t a problem anymore since Jeongyeon couldn’t go with them and she’ll just follow the next day since she has something important to do but of course her parents were with them. Mina held in her laugh while Nayeon was panicking during the airplane ride. It turns out, it was her first time riding a plane. She holds Mina whenever there’s a turbulence. She eventually comes down when Mina holds her hand. They take turns on playing games on Mina’s phone to pass the time and to distract Nayeon.

 

Mina realized that being with her girlfriend means she had to baby her. But she doesn’t complain.

 

“I think I’m gonna throw up.” Nayeon gives Mina back her phone to cover with her hands. After a few second, Nayeon seemed to be okay. “I think I swallowed my vomit.”

 

“Unnie, too much information!” Mina tries to push off Nayeon who was trying to kiss her.

 

Finally the plane had landed in Japan and Nayeon was busy staring outside the window admiring the airport.

 

Maybe everything will be fine while in Japan.

 

Maybe...

 

Maybe..

 

 

 

 

First day.

 

It was fun.

 

Arriving at Tokyo Japan in the afternoon was one of the worse feeling Nayeon had felt. She was hungry and tired and the city was still an hour away. Mina told her that they’d share a hotel room which is good and was also her mother’s decision since she was the only one who knows their relationship.

 

Nayeon had met Mina’s father when they were getting their bags from the airport and she was so nervous to the point that she avoids getting seen by him. He would hide behind Mina (who was laughing at her) or ever pretend she’s not with them. But of course he knows that Mina’s “friend” came with them, it’s just that he doesn’t really mind to it.

 

“Finally!” Nayeon closes her eyes as she drops herself on the king sized bed with her arms spread wide. “My back hurts so much!”

 

“You can rest for a bit then we’ll have a late lunch.” Mina s her luggage and takes out her skin care products.

 

“Are we going to have lunch with your parents?”

 

“No,” Mina answered still busy with her products, “We can do whatever we want this day but tomorrow, we’ll have dinner with them.”

 

“Oh, thank god! Your father scares the hell out me! I tried not getting seen.” Nayeon exaggerates. “I always feel goosebumps.”

 

“Yeah, I’ve noticed it earlier at the airport, you were funny, unnie.” Mina laughs.

 

“I’m going to sleep. Wake me up when you want to go out. I wanna go with you.” Nayeon didn’t wait for an answer because she won’t get any, and she removes her shoes as she made herself comfortable on the bed.

 

Okay, everything is still fine.

 

 

 

 

Since they had the day for themselves, Mina took Nayeon around the city. The older insisted that it was a date and who is Mina to refuse? Mrs. Myoui was so kind to offer a car but the couple told her that they just wanted to take a walk. They weren’t holding hands but Mina’s hand was around Nayeon’s. It was close enough and the older was contented even with just that.

 

Mina took the older at the cherry blossom since it was near at where they were staying at.

 

Nayeon was so amazed that she had untangled her arm that was around Mina and ran to the trees. It was the Sakura Season and the tree were blossoming with their flowers. The river was full of flowers that had fallen from the tree as well as the side walk.

 

“Mina! Take a photo of me!” And Mina did. It was a blessing in disguise that Nayeon doesn’t have a phone just so she was the one that would take pictures of her girlfriend who was now posing weird poses earning looks from strangers.

 

It was now Mina’s turn to pose for the camera though she already has tons of photos in the cherry blossom but it was Nayeon taking the picture. The older girl was amaze how Mina looks like a professional model. The way the younger knows her best angle (which is every angle) and what to do with her body just convinced Nayeon that Mina is secretly a model.

 

“Now let’s take a photo of us together.” Nayeon raised her hand up in the air to fit herself and Mina in the frame of the camera. Mina did a pose where she was kissing the older’s cheeks while she closed her eyes and Nayeon just smiled like a champ she was. Nayeon had asked a stranger to capture them, much to Mina’s embarrassment.

 

“Thank you,” Nayeon said in Korean which, surprisingly, the stranger had understood.

 

“You’re welcome!” She said, staring at the older girl. “I can take pictures of you two!” she raised her camera, “Don’t worry, it’s free!”

 

Mina didn’t like the idea. The way this girl stared at Nayeon screams that she was interested in her even if the girlfriend was right beside them. Still, she poses for the camera. Hugging Nayeon on her waist to tell the girl that she was hers.

 

Nayeon walked over to the girl to look at their photo leaving Mina on the same place. Mina watches the two interacts and she noticed the girl stares at Nayeon and her lips while she shows her the pictures on her camera.

 

“That’s beautiful!” Nayeon comments. “Can you send that?”

 

“Oh, definitely!” The girl beams. “Can I have your number or you instagram?”

 

“I don’t have any of those. How about you take Mina’s? Is that okay?”

 

Mina sees the girl drops her smile.

 

“Sure!”

 

“Great! What’s your name?”

 

“Just call me Lia.”

 

Nayeon nodded and Mina walks over to them to give her second instagram account. She purposely held Nayeon’s hand when the girl started to stare again. Nayeon cleared feeling the tension from the two.

 

“I’ll send it to you right away!” Lia said as she waves goodbye at the couple.

 

It was Nayeon who only waved at the girl.

 

“She was a good photographer.” The older turns to her girlfriend who was just quiet. “What’s wrong?” she asked.

 

Mina shakes her head and started walking not forgetting to hold Nayeon’s hand.

 

 

 

Second day.

 

Mina was too engrossed being with Nayeon that she forgot what they were here for.

 

It was to tell her grandparents, mother’s side, that she was getting married — oh how sick she feels whenever she thinks about it. Her grandparents had preferred living far away from the city after they resigned and handed the hospital to their only daughter, Mrs. Myoui. Technologies are nowhere to be found inside their household that’s why they have to visit them and tell them about the news.

 

Mina promised herself to fix everything without telling Nayeon. It sounded selfish but she had to, she doesn’t wanna lose the older girl.

 

Mina watches her girlfriend baby the infant being carried by the mother. She smiled at the thought of starting a family with Nayeon and— wait, stop. That’s too fast and they even haven’t said the three words to each other.

 

“Bye, bye!” She hears Nayeon bids goodbye while waving her hands then she skips towards her girlfriend. “Why are you smiling?”

 

“I can’t smile?” Mina smirks at her girlfriend. “You were just too cute with the baby.”

 

“I bet it’s even cuter when I’m with our baby.” Nayeon teased, then she realized what she had said. But she was too late, Mina had already beat her to it.

 

“You think of us having a baby?” Mina was surprised that Nayeon thinks that.

 

“I mean— we’re dating for a reason, right? I’m dating you because I see my future in you and not just because I’m bored or something.” Nayeon takes a step closer to Mina. “Maybe sooner or later you’ll be my wife and we’ll have kids— if not, cats or dogs or maybe fishes! I want to grow old with you, Mina. I want to be with you forever. As long as I’m alive.” she pressed her forehead against Mina’s, ignoring the people around them. “But if you don’t see ourselves in that way, it’s fine.” Nayeon chuckles.

 

Mina stares at Nayeon, “I’m just— surprised. But I’m very happy you see me in your future. Very, very happy. Thank you, unnie.”

 

Mina was happy. If she could stay like this forever, foreheads touching while Nayeon’s hand holds her securely, she would. But she knows there’ll be a time that she has to tell Nayeon, though she just thought about not telling her. Maybe telling her girlfriend sooner would lessen the problem and they could just tell Mina’s father about their relationship but no, it’s not that easy. Mina was bound to marry Jeongyeon since she was a child. And telling him won’t stop it.

 

But she’ll try.

 

And try.

 

Until everything will be okay.

 

For Nayeon.

 

 

 

 

Adjusting her clothes every now and then, Nayeon paces around their hotel room while her girlfriend was still in the bathroom taking a bath to prepare for the night. She was sweating bullets and her hands were starting to get get sweaty though the air condition was at the lowest temperature.

 

She was finally (or not) meeting Mina’s father on a dinner they will be having in two hours at the most expensive restaurant in Tokyo. Nayeon has to admit that her girlfriend’s father intimidates her and scares her just the way he dresses and looks at everyone. It just screams rich and...intimidating.

 

“Should I speak to him in Japanese?” Nayeon slaps her forehead, “! I don’t even know Japanese. All I know is yam—“

 

“Unnie?” Nayeon turns her head, almost breaking her neck, as she sees her girlfriend walks out from the bathroom wearing a robe. “Are you okay? Why are you talking to yourself?”

 

“Yeah, yeah. I’m fine, I’m okay.” But she really wasn’t. “Just nervous.”

 

“You know...” Mina walks towards the older, slightly pushing her to sit on the bed. “...I could do something to remove all those nervous feelings inside your body..” When Nayeon was finally sitting on the bed, Mina settles herself on her lap giving Nayeon a smirk.

 

“R—really? How?” Nayeon tried not to stutter but failed causing the Japanese to giggle.

 

Mina leans to Nayeon’s ear, “Just doing the things you love..” she said seductively, placing a soft kiss on the older’s neck then travels to her jaw and finally at the side of her lips.

 

“M—Mina...”

 

The younger ignores her girlfriend and continues to kiss anywhere but her lips making Nayeon whine.

 

“Mina...”

 

She ignores her again.

 

“Minari...”

 

And again.

 

“Fine, you want it this way?” Nayeon wraps her arms around the younger’s waist and flips their whole body making Mina squeal and lay flat on the bed with Nayeon on top of her. Mina, with her legs in each side of Nayeon’s, felt shy and felt the heat of her face. Good thing she wore her undergarments, as to her robe didn’t completely covers her because of their position. The lower part of the robe has slightly raised, exposing her legs and the top was open revealing her cleavage.

 

Nayeon, on the other hand, wasn’t feeling nervous anymore thanks to her girlfriend underneath her. She smirks bringing her lips to Mina’s neck, leaving kisses then finally to her lips. Their lips moved in sync, Nayeon Mina’s bottom lip which the younger granted an access then opens making their tongues move together. Mina lets out a moan when Nayeon bits her lip, blushing on the process.

 

Mina felt Nayeon’s hand touching her legs and started rubbing it making her groan more.

 

Running out of breath, it was Nayeon who first pulled away with a grin.

 

“That was...” She pants, “...amazing. Where did you learn to do that, huh?” She smirked.

 

Mina pinches Nayeon’s arm, “Shut up.” she playfully rolls her eyes. “Get up. We need to get ready now.”

 

“How about one more?”

 

“No!” Mina hissed.

 

“Please?”

 

“I’m gonna choke you with my charger.”

 

Nayeon laughs, “You’re such a meanie.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

All Nayeon could do was laugh and smile throughout the dinner. She and Mina couldn’t sit next to each as her girlfriend had to sit beside her mother, and Nayeon was sitting at the opposite to them. She keeps glancing at the younger to somehow, calm herself down. Looking at her girlfriend talk about just anything makes her heart flutter but she knows she’s not allowed to look for too long because it would grow suspiciousness. Mr. and Mrs. Yoo was with them, and they thought at first that Nayeon was Mina’s cousin when they caught Nayeon holding Mina’s hand. It was funny. Really.

 

Eventually they would talk to Nayeon so she wouldn’t feel out of place and she would just casually reply just like how she normally do with her close friends. Nayeon could also see Mina stealing glances at her whenever she answers the questions being thrown at her.

 

“So, Nayeon...” Mina’s father turns his head to Nayeon, “What are your parents’ work?” He asked, as he sliced his steak.

 

“Oh—!” Nayeon looks at Mina who nodded at her. She knows Mina wanted her to be honest. So she did, “I—I just actually met my father for the first time and I don’t really know what he does..”

 

The people, including Mina, nodded at Nayeon for her to continue.

 

“And my mom, before she got into a coma she was a teacher at a preschool.” Nayeon smiled. “But now, she’s just resting.”

 

When Nayeon’s mother got discharged from the hospital, they finally went back to their own house. But Nayeon still visit the couple from time to time.

 

“What happened? If you don’t mind me asking.” It was Mrs. Myoui who asked and her face was full of concern.

 

“We got into a traffic accident causing my left leg to go weak.” Nayeon smiled. “But I can still walk properly and still fight—“

 

“Fight?” Mr. Myoui looks at her, “You know I don’t like it when my daughter hangs around with people who fight,” he raises one brow.

 

“O—oh, N—not that kind of fight. Uhm, boxing— Yeah, boxing.” Nayeon tried to play it cool but still stutters at the look of Mina’s father.

 

Mr. Myoui laughs, “That sounds cool. In any way, you could protect my daughter”

 

“Dad!” Mina whines.

 

“Of course! I would gladly protect your daughter,” Nayeon smirks at Mina.

 

Everything was going well.

 

Until it doesn’t.

 

“Before I forgot!” Mr. Myoui said, before everyone leaves their seat. “Mina you should invite your friend to the wedding.”

 

And that’s when Mina felt her heart drop. She looks at Nayeon who was smiling at her genuinely, as if she was waiting for Mina to invite her. God, she wanted the ground to swallow her just at this moment. She wants to stop her father from talking. She wants to just take Nayeon’s hand and run away from the place.

 

“I don’t think—“ Mina felt her hands shaking and her mother was looking at her worriedly. “I don’t—“ she couldn’t even finish her sentence because the fear of seeing Nayeon’s when she finds out was eating her alive.

 

“I don’t think that won’t be too necessary.” Nayeon shyly said, “I’m sure I’m not even close with the bride.” she chuckles.

 

“Oh but you are,” Mr. Myoui grins at Nayeon. “You really should come it would be a pleasure.”

 

“Whose wedding is it?” Nayeon asked.

 

Mr. Myoui smiles at Mina, “My daughter.”

 

Then Mina watches Nayeon’s smile drop and her lips quiver. Mina watches in Nayeon in worry and in fear.

 

“O—oh r—really? That’s great.” But it wasn’t. It broke Nayeon’s heart into small little tiny piece. Mina promised her that she would tell her if ever this kind of thing happens. Mina promised her.

 

And she broke it.

 

For now, all she could do was avoid looking at Mina and try to smile while her father tells everything about the wedding and stop herself from breaking down.

 

“Who’s the—?” Nayeon couldn’t even finish her when her voice cracked. Feeling the lump of , Nayeon managed to put a smile on her face despite the feeling in her heart.

 

“It’s my daughter, Jeongyeon.” Mr. Yoo joins in.

 

Now that’s a double kill on Nayeon’s poor little broken heart. Mina also told her that they were just friends. That nothing was going on between them.

 

“Oh...” Nayeon turns her head to Mina but still avoiding the eye contact, “Congrats..”

 

Mina felt her mother held her hand. She lowers her head, her tears forming in her eyes. Mina wanted to run away and just take Nayeon with her and tell her that she never wanted it in the first place that it wasn’t her choice in the first place.

 

But she could only watch Nayeon excuse herself and leaves the restaurant running away from her.

 

That’s it.

 

She lost her.

 

 

 

THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jkjk

no proofread

I AM VERY SORRY IF I COULDN'T WRITE EVERYTHING PROPERLY BECAUSE ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE AND DEFINITELY NOT MY SECOND TOO. Sorry if I use a word twice on a paragraph. I am doing my best. Tnx...

 

do u think minayeon are end game???