I can't be friends with you

Fate is something words can't express (DIS-CONTINUED)

You were walking with Himchan around the school, pointing to different places and without even speaking, Himchan knew what you were referring to. 

As you reached the cafeteria, you heard many people gossiping about you. Somehow they were speaking as if you were not supposed to hear it, but you could. 

"Is that the new student? Why is he hanging out with the digusting longer girl!" 
"She must have talked to him first! Why would such a charming guy approach her?" 
"Ew gross! She's so desperate for friends!" 

After hearing it, you paused. Normally whatever they said didn't affect you, but this time, it did. 

You clenched your fist and thought about it. *I had enough of suffering and keeping all this hatred to myself. I really don't get why is everyone so against me. Did i do something to them? They don't even know my full name and all they call me is loner, disgusting gross girl. What do they treat me as? I've got feelings too, they are really going overboard.* 

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. Himchan heard those gossips too and turned. Eventhough he knew you for less than a day, he felt mad and greatly affected too. 

"Hey. You." Himchan spoke and those girls turned with a smile on their faces. "Me?!" A girl with red hair blinked and pointed to herself. Himchan nodded and he walked towards her. She was smiling and felt excited. The charming new student was talking to her! 

Himchan went close to her and gave her a sweet smile.

"Oh oppa, you don't even know me and yet you're attracted to me? You've got good taste oppa." The girl winked and slammed her body into Himchan's. But Himchan's sweet smile turned into an evil glare. 

"Good taste? Attracted to you? I agree that i've got good taste, that's exactly the reason why i feel disgusted by you. Your actions, the hurtful words coming out from that mouth. Do you have a boyfriend? Cause if you do, i really pity him. I can never put up with such people who put people down, to make themselves feel better." 

If glares could kill, that girl would have died a thousand times. 

"What?!" That girl took a step back and her jaw dropped. 

You heard their conversation and turned. *What is he doing?!* You ran over and pulled Himchan back. He looked at you and you shook your head, telling him that he shouldn't be doing this. 

No matter how mad you were with them, you would never mess with them. You knew that they are not simple and they can actually kill someone who they didn't like. If it wasn't for you to run away quickly that time, you would have died. You knew how dangerous she was, and yet Himchan messed with her. 

The girl let out an evil breath. "Ha, seriously? You're on her side?" She rolled her eyes in disgust and stared at you. 

Himchan met eyes with her and they were having like a staring competition. You shook him and shook your head even harder, telling him 'Don't mess with her!' 

"I swear you'll regret this. You'll regret helping her. You'll regret." The red haired girl stomped her foot and walked away with her three other bimbo-tic friends. 

After they left, he looked at you and you looked worried. "Why are you frowning?" Himchan asked and you looked at him. For the first time, you answered with a long sentence. "Why did you do that? You shouldn't. You can't mess with her. She's not that simple, she's dangerous. Why did you get yourself into trouble?" You asked and Himchan was taken aback. 

"That's the first time you spoke more than two seconds to me." Himchan stared at you and you just looked at him. *Why doesn't he look afraid at all! That girl might kill him!* You frowned even harder. 

"Okay okay, back to the topic." Himchan straightened up and he cleared his throat. "I didn't like the way everyone treats you. It hasn't even been a day and i have heard more than ten insults about you just because you're walking beside me." Himchan honestly answered and you just continued looking at him. 

You were surprised that someone actually helped you. Someone actually stood up for you. You softened and he looked down. "Look, i'm sorry if i pissed you off. But i really don't get why does the entire school dislike you. Have they ever talked to you? From the second i met you, i bet they haven't. Cause you didn't even bother to speak to me." Himchan continued and you just listened to him. 

"I just wanted to make a friend with someone that i like. And to me, friends are important. I'll never let my friend suffer alone, i'll stand up for them no matter what." Himchan ended his 'speech' and you thought. *Friends?* You blinked.

Himchan was looking at you. *Oh my god that sounded like a confession... I wonder what is on her mind.* 

You took a deep breath then looked up and met eyes with Himchan. "Thank you." You thanked him from the bottom of your heart. You said it with sincerity. You have never ever thanked someone by talking before, all you do is nod. But this time, those two words came of your mouth. You were really thankful. 

Himchan smiled but then you continued. "But," Himchan's smile faded. *I hate this word 'but', it ruins everything.* 

"I can't be friends with you." You took all your courage to say that and Himchan's eyes widen. "Why?!" Himchan asked, feeling slightly confused and mad. You were actually feeling excited on having a true friend, but you knew you would be selfish if you become friends with Himchan. You didn't want to hurt him, you didn't want him to feel the torture. You didn't want to drag anyone with you. 

You knew how much tears and pain you have went through trying to adapt to the school's environment. You wanted him to be happy. 

"You're too nice to be friends with me. I'm a disgrace, i don't deserve being friends with anyone. I don't deserve happiness." You spoke and you couldn't meet eyes with him. Himchan felt worried and he panicked. *Why is she thinking this way?!* Himchan blurted everything out. "No! You're not a disgrace, you deserve friends! I want to be friends with you! Why are you pushing me away?" Himchan wasn't as calm as before. 

You realised that he was speaking quite loudly and everyone was staring. You didn't like attention. You tried to ignore him and walked away. But he grabbed your arm and it hurt. You turned and looked at him, he frowned so tightly that his face was like being squashed together. 

*Why is he so persistent? If he really want a smooth school life, he should really stay away from me.*