I rejected her for you

Fate is something words can't express (DIS-CONTINUED)

After a few periods of science, you stopped your work and let out a loud sigh. 

Himchan heard your sigh and turned to you. He attempted to talk to you. "Troubled?" He asked and you turned to him. You didn't know what to reply him cause most of the time you'll be sighing. But you were also thinking, why is he talking to me like he knew me years ago. 

You nodded and kept your work. He looked at you and attempted to talk to you again. "Er..." He mumbled and you looked at him. "Do you talk?" He asked, which came out too freely. You frowned slightly. *Do i talk? Oh, he must be thinking i'm a mute.* You nodded to him but you also replied. "Yeah, i do." 

Your voice came out smooth and sweet. Eventhough your voice was alittle husky, Himchan liked it. *Her voice is husky, like mine.* Himchan smiled as he was happy that you were talking. 

You just looked at him. *Why does he always smile...* You continued to stare at him, waiting for him to say something. "Ah..." Himchan felt a little nervous and he didn't know what to tell you. *Ah why am i like that! I'm not normally like this in front of a girl!* He slapped himself and looked down. 

You were taken aback by his action and you jerked up with a worried expression. Himchan looked back up at you and you  asked him. "Doesn't it hurt?" You were not exactly worried for him but you were concerned. You knew how much hurt and pain it is to be slapped. Your classmates always bullied you when you were new to the school. 

Himchan become excited as you finally started a topic. "Ah? Ahaha nope, not really, i guess..." Himchan smiled and you softened a little. *He keeps smiling.* You looked at him and the bell rang. 

"Yay recess!" 

Students cheered and ran out of the class. Some came over to Himchan's table and asked him some questions. 

"Himchan oppa, do you want to go for recess with me and my friend Eunji?" The girl smiled so widely that you couldn't even see her eyes anymore. Himchan shook his head. "Thank you for the offer but not today. I'm sorry." He replied and the girl's smile faded off her face. She looked like she was about to cry. She ran out of the class. 

Your eyes followed her out of the classroom and you frowned. *What is she crying for...* You questioned yourself and Himchan tapped your shoulder. You faced him and he asked you. "Do you mind showing me around the school?" He went closer to you but you didn't notice. 

You thought for a while then nodded. *After all, he is a new student. I was like him too, i can't just leave him alone to find out about the school. I know how it feels. Lonely, unwanted.* You packed your stuff neatly on your table and stood up. Himchan stood up too and gave you a path to walk first. 

You looked up at him and you were a little shocked. He was really tall and you were around his shoulders, or even lower. 

Himchan felt a little awkward too, with the height difference. He rubbed his neck and joked, "Heh heh, maybe i should cut my legs a little, huh?" He laughed and you looked at him with a soft eye expression. You didn't laugh but in your heart you didn't feel upset nor angry. Instead, you were starting to feel comfortable with him.