Upcoming Festival

Memories Stored in the Heart

 

 

L’s POV

 

I’ve been sitting in class for three hours straight and of course it’s boring. If you’ll ask every student to describe school in one word surely most answers would be the word boring. Teachers talk… blah blah blah…and students pretend and endure to pay attention. I bet even the teacher is bored and want some fun that’s why he called me just for a little change.

“Mr. Kim, I see your mind is off somewhere.” Mr. Hong, our middle aged Math teacher commented on my absence. “Can you at least focus?”

“Wasn’t I?” I asked confidently.

“Myungsoo—“ I cut him off with my hand signaling for him to pause.

“It’s L,” I corrected him. “…sir.” I finished feeling a bit disrespectful to my professor who might fail me due to my manners.

“L,” He repeated then continued, “You might be staring intently at the board but it doesn’t mean you were focusing. Could you even guess how many times I called your name?”

“Three.” I said it short.

“Five…five times I called your name.” He crossed his arms giving me a scolding look.

“Oh, yeah, right sir, five times. I was focusing at the things written on the board.” I give him a reassuring smile then looked at the board to see what was actually written there only to find out it’s all being erased by one of my classmates.

“Then let’s see if you were really focusing, L.” He stressed out my name the way I stressed the word sir. “Go and answer this equation we were just talking about.”

“But sir isn’t the class over?” I said looking for an excuse.

“We still got five minutes, go to the board NOW!” He shouted the final word which left me no choice but to do so.

I walked to the board then picked up a white chalk and started to write the equation he was dictating.

x^2+3x-10=0” He dictated while I write. “Find the solution of that quadratic equation using the quadratic formula.”

Did he seriously teach this to us in the past three hours? Whatever, I’ll just write and solve for everything to finish.

 

(-b±√(b^2-4ac))/2a

 

(-3±√(3^2-4(1)(-10) ))/(2(1))

 

(-3±√(9+40))/2

 

(-3±√49)/2
 

X1= 2     X2= -5

 

I finished it in two minutes. Maybe a little ahead than what Mr. Hong expected me. I looked back to the class putting the chalk back and stopped halfway to my seat when I realized everyone staring at me with big round eyes and mouths hanging open. I looked at them then looked at Mr. Hong to see if there’s something wrong.

“So it is now clear how he’s not listening.” Mr. Hong announced it to everyone chuckling. I looked back to the board to see if something’s wrong with my equation but I could see no mistake.

“I solved the equation correctly, right?” I asked him but he kept chuckling.

“I see you’re good in academics but not in listening.” I actually couldn’t get him. “You solved the equation right but if you were paying attention lately, you would have known it’s not the topic we were discussing lately.”

Oh… so he’s making fun of me right? What in the world! He made me answer something we didn’t tackle in class?

“So class…” He called to the class. “So I’m expecting everyone to participate in the festival ok? Like what we’ve discussed: if your class fail, it can affect your grades. I’m off now.”

Aish… so they were discussing about the stupid upcoming festival for the past three hours and he let me solve a stupid equation… yeah, thanks to you sir for humiliating me! I’m a Kingka here, not a nerd damn it!

--------------

 

Chung Ae’s POV

 

“You know you two got a lot in common.” Jake suddenly spoke up while we she busily ate her lunch and I read my book. Yeah, the library books are now my books.

“Me and who?”

“Your boyfriend, L.” How many times will I have to blurt out that L’s not my boyfriend! “No need to remind me…I know he’s not your boyfriend yet but for all we know I believe he would be someday.”

I sighed and put my book down. “Just stop mentioning it. It disgusts me.”

“Ok, ok and as I was saying, you two got a lot in common.” She took a spoonful of her lunch staring at me. I wonder what’s inside her body that no matter how heavy she eats she doesn’t get fat. “Do you know he’s smart? Gosh he answered that freaking equation lately in class when we haven’t even discussed about it yet. And also, the way you both act and think.”

“Yah, he’s a womanizer. How come I’m like him? He’s conceited and proud. How am I close with that? And no matter how hard I hate him it wouldn’t change the fact that he’s a good looking creature. How am I similar to that? He’s a freaking Kingka and I’m a normal alien. How are we the same?”

“Eeeee,” She smiled elbowing me. “Are you two going out often that you noticed those things?”

“What? Going out? What are you saying Jake? We are not! I could tell that he’s all that just by looking at him.”

“Looking at him? Eeeee,” She squealed. “How often are you looking at him?”

Oh gosh, this girl is frantically driving me crazy. I guess this is an example situation of what they say in the execution: everything you say can be used against you.

“The only thing that I see we have in common is the fact that we both don’t like each other.” I cleared out and she stopped bugging me about Death Note guy. “And yeah, I heard the school festival is coming… and even before I knew it Mrs. Seo assigned me to the library.”

“Does that mean you won’t see me do my incredible spike?” She pouted. “I would like you to see me play volleyball.” She shook my arm and gave me her best aegyo. “And let’s watch the kilometer run together!”

“I’m not sure about it but I’ll try to go see you play volleyball.” I smiled and continued to read the book.

 

---------------

:D  I love you if you have read from the start up to this chapter. Please continue to read the whole of this story. :D