Another Encounter

Memories Stored in the Heart

 

Hanna's POV                                    

 

I arrived at the five-star restaurant inside one of the famous hotels in Japan five minutes before the business partners came. Though I’m not yet officially the CEO of our company, my dad lends me these kinds of activities to train my skills when it comes to business.

“Ms. Gong Hanna?” A man in suit inquired.

“Ah, yes,” I smiled politely then a man as old as my father appear behind him: which I identify as my business partner. “Good Afternoon, Mr. Kim.”

“Good afternoon too, Ms. Gong.” The old man greeted back sitting in. “I see your father trusts you enough.”

I just smiled at him, pleased with his compliment. Mr. Kim, the CEO of the Intrepid Lands and Properties Corp. This man holds hotels all over the world, all of them toted as five-star hotels. He has three major casinos built in Asia and earns as much as my father does. Or maybe even much more.

“Hmm, this is one of the best offers I have received somehow.” Mr. Kim commented flipping the papers I gave him containing the things our company offers to build the most anticipated project in the business world. “But I’ll think of it. I’ll be calling in a meeting by next week and I’d probably give my answer.”

“Thank you, Mr. Kim.” I said with a smile.

“I guess this adjourns the meeting then. Goodbye, Ms. Gong.” He said standing up as I followed stretching my hands out for a hand shake.

“Goodbye, Mr. Kim.” I said as we both sealed the meeting with a shake hand.

He first left the place while I sat back down on my seat and sighed in exhaustion. This is not really my field but since I am father’s only daughter I got no choice. I am his only daughter, that’s what he told me. But I heard from the people at home that I am not the only one. Story there says that I have an older sister, Ina, but she ran away and no one knows what happened to her. Though my father has the power to search for her, he didn’t do it just to teach my sister a lesson.

“Gong Hanna?” I looked up to the unfamiliar voice and saw a familiar angelic face.

“Oh, hi…uhh…” I thought hard to remember him.

“It’s Park Karam.” He smiled.

“Ah, yeah,” I snapped curious of how he knew my name when I don’t remember introducing myself to him.

“Here,” He handed out an identification card—my school identification card. “You dropped it earlier when we bumped into each other.”

I gladly get it from him as I slightly touched his soft porcelain skin: too pretty to be a guy.

“Thanks.” I beamed a smile of gratitude.

“You’re welcome.” He said with a smile then left.

I watched him from my seat. Just when I thought he was going to leave the place, he sat with four other guys, probably his band mates.

 

---------------------------------

 

“Hey, the seniors are having their live museum at the gym, are you coming along?”

It was written on the paper Elle threw to me while in class.

“No, I’m going to the library. I got some books to return. L

I doodled back then threw the paper back to her. Can’t this talk wait until the class ends? And speaking of “class ends” the bell suddenly rang. I rose up from my seat and headed out of the classroom while Elle followed me.

“Are you really going to miss this?” She asked me as I walked heading to the library.

“If I actually have a choice, I would go there.” I answered.

“Then why do you have no choice?” She asked as I just give her a stare. “Oh right! You don’t want that sticky Jesse.”

“Yap, good thing he’ll be graduating this year already.” I grunted.

“Ok then, bye. See you.” She took another direction as I continued my way to the library.

I have always like quite places. Though the school library has its people there, everyone can tell it’s the quietest place in school.

I pushed the door of the library and headed in. After a talk with the librarian, I headed to the shelf where the books belong to finally return them. I was having a hard time to put back the last book since it was placed on the top shelf. I even wonder how I got the book when I borrowed it.

“Here, let me help you.” Someone offered taking the book from me, lightly touching my hands.

I looked back at once only to see Karam just inches behind me. I looked up to his angelic face, and honestly speaking it almost made me swoon.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Did I scare you?” He apologized after putting book back, scratching the back of his head.

“No, I’m just surprised you’re here.” I slowly made my lips to an upward curve. “You study here?”

“Only for my Japanese lessons.” He said still standing inches away from me. I suddenly have the urge of hugging him and I don’t know why. He’s just so adorable and attractive and everything. “My school is back in Korea.”

“Hyung, manage—“Someone approached and covered his mouth when he saw Karam and me standing close to each other. It made Karam back off when I actually don’t want him to. “Uhh…” The boy awkwardly said, looking at both of us.

“Ah, Jay, this is Hanna. Hanna, this is my dongsaeng Jay.” Karam introduced us to each other.

“Oh, is she your girlfriend?” Jay asked Karam which made me giddy inside.

“No, she’s not my girlfriend.” He defended but I really wish I am. “You know I don’t have one.”

“…yet, you don’t have one yet.” Jay said smiling at me. “Noona, you’re Korean right?”

“Yes, I am Korean.” I answered smiling at him.

“And noona, you don’t have a boyfriend right?” He asked as I could sense where his question is heading. I just shrugged my head with a “no” as an answer to him. “Then I’m telling you honestly, Karam-hyung and you look good together.”

I just chuckled with what Jay said.

“Yah, why are you here?” Karam asked Jay with a bit of embarrassment.

“Oh, nothing hyung, I’ll just tell you after you’re finished talking with Hanna-noona.” Jay said leaving the two of us again.

“Forgive him for saying those things.” He said facing me with a chuckle. “That kid, really.”

“It’s fine, I don’t really mind.” I smirked as he smirked back to me. “Thank you by the way for helping me put the book back.”

“No problem, you’re always welcome.”

“Then…” I hesitated to leave but I just have to. “I’ll be going already. Let’s just see each other around.”

“Yeah, Let’s just see each other around.” He smiled not getting his eyes off me. I swear I’m gonna melt with those heavenly stares. “Goodbye.”

“Y-yeah, goodbye” His smile made me nervous and I don’t know why. I guess…I like him. Is it too early to say that? Well I just hope I’d like him until the end…if ever there is still an end.

I started to walk away from him dragging my feet forcedly. Truthfully, I don’t wanna go yet, I still wanna…flirt (?) with him. I don’t think “flirt” is a good word but I think that’s the word that could describe what I wanted to do right now.

 

------------------------------------------- 

Oh, mian just two new chapters for today. It was acually our finals exams this week so I was pretty busy. But now exams are over and it's finally summer vacation!!!! YYEEEAAAAAHHHH~~~