Date

Memories Stored in the Heart

 

Hanna’s POV

“Yah, have you heard? Karam’s group is studying here.” Elle blurted out while we sat at our usual seat at the cafeteria during break.

Well I haven’t heard, I know about it. I wanted to tell her.

“There’s nothing new to that. We know this school has a bunch of popular people studying here.” I said.

Not to be selfish but I think I have to keep the thing between me and Karam from my talkative friend. I’ll just let her find out about it herself. Well no, we are not dating…yet but I know we’ll come to that one day. How sure am I? Well, just forty percent sure but ninety percent confident.

“Well you’re right with that. But I can’t fight my willingness to see him and the rest of his group in school.” She paused eating daydreaming again of what would possibly happen if ever she sees them. “Oh, I know! Let’s go and find them now!”

“What? No,” I disagreed. “I have something to do.”

“You’re going to borrow or return a book to the library again, eh?” She hinted raising an eyebrow. “You’re always making that as an excuse for like a week already. I bet you’re not going there but also searching for them.”

“Elle, I’m really going there and I’m not searching for them. Why would I do that?” Yeah, why would I do that? Of course I go there and I’m not searching for them. Why would I search for them when they are already found?

“Are you sure you’re not hiding something?” She raised her brow even higher this time with a scolding look plus her hands on her hips.

“Is there anything for me to hide?” I just gave her my best poker face. “I’m going already.”

I stood up from my seat then carried my bag with me. I’m sorry Elle.

“Ok, then I’ll pick you up in the library after thirty minutes!” Elle shouted.

-----------------------------------

Chemistry. The science dealing with the composition and properties of substances and with the reactions by which substances are produced from or converted into other substances.

It’s written in the introduction of the book with pictures of different laboratory apparatus and chemists. It may look like those children’s book because of the incredibly colorful and number of prints of pictures on the page but if you further flip the pages sooner or later you’ll find yourself in the middle of chemical equations and almost unreadable scientific terms.

“Hi,” A familiar voice greeted me from behind. It’s obviously Karam.

“Oh, hey.” I smiled closing the chemistry book I was holding. “You’re here.”

“I’m always here.” He answered.

“To think about it, you’re always here. Why is it?”

“Because we are not regular students here.” He followed when I took my steps slowly. “…Just for Japanese Tutorials and then we are out. So there’s really no need to attend normal classes.”

“Then since you’re already here talking to me. I bet your tutorials are over.” I get another book from the shelf while he’s still behind me following.

“Ah, yeah.” He shortly answered.

“I have always thought you’re a busy person and got a lot of things to do than to chat with someone.” I smiled but still not looking back at him.

“Well, I am…a bit. Are you?” He asked with an awkward voice.

“I am,” I answered. “…a bit.”

He brightly smiled then I turned to him.

“Does that mean you got a free time today?” He asked and I could sense what the next question will be if answered yes.

“Yes,” I lightly said with an innocent nod.

“So you won’t reject if I ask you out?” He smiled while I chuckled. Yes! Finally he’s asking me out!

“Hmmm…” I pretend to think about his offer. “Maybe I won’t reject.”

“How about going right now?” He asked with his unfading smile.

“As in right now?”

“Yep, right now!”

 

------------------------------

 

“No, not the Ferris Wheel!” I objected when we stopped near the heart stopping height of the said ride.

“Are you in any case afraid of heights?” Karam asked me chuckling.

Tokyo Disney Land: Surely a place of fun but not when those heart-stopping rides are to be ridden.

“N-no…” I shrugged my head denying it in embarrassment. “I’m just…afraid to…fall.”

He chuckled then took my hand as we headed to its booth for the tickets.

“Trust me, you won’t fall down to the ground.” He cupped my face to lift it up and make me look him even more closely. He smiled then said: “You’ll only fall for me.”

I chuckled with the cheesiness of his words staring back to the ground when his hands left my face.

“There, you’re smiling again.” He gripped my hand again then led me to the ride. “Come on.”

I stepped in and as soon as we were both inside, the assistant closed the entrance which tells me that there is no turning back. Instead of sitting on the other side, Karam chose to sit beside me since, I guess, it would be his fault if ever I won’t be able to sleep tonight because of this ride.

“Are you really that scared?” Karam asked me with worried eyes. “I guess we should just—“

“No,” I disagreed before he could even finish his sentence. “I can handle this.”

“Are you sure?” He asked gripping my hand tightly.

“Yeah, sure.” I answered with a half-forced smile. “I trust you. You said I won’t fall down the ground so I guess I won’t really fall.”

“You won’t,” He reassured patting my head with his free hand.

The Ferris Wheel stopped turning when we were exactly at the top. My tensed heart began to beat even faster and louder. I guess it’s more than falling that’s making me feel so nervous.

“Wow!” I exclaimed under my breath when I saw Tokyo’s panorama. “It’s beautiful up here.”

“I know,” He agreed, “that’s why I brought you up here.”

“Thanks for sharing this with me.” I said with a smile as I look down to the view not caring how high we are from the ground. “I guess I won’t care if I fall down there as long as it is this beautiful.”

“How long have you been in Japan?” He asked me.

“One and a half year,” I answered not getting my eyes off the view. “But it seems like I have been living here all my life.”

“And in that period of time you still haven’t realized that Tokyo is this beautiful?”

“Well…yeah, you know when you’re all focused on your work.” I sighed looking back at him. “What about you? How long have you been here?”

“Almost a month.” He replied looking straight to me. God, those eyes are gorgeous! “I just discovered this since I don’t have enough time to go around Tokyo.”

“Oh…” I said nodding. Truthfully I couldn’t really focus on his words. He’s just too angelic that it’s hard to look away. I swear I wanna slap myself right now. I look like an idiot. And finally, I managed to look away: back to the view down there. “So when are you going back to South Korea?”

“I don’t know about our managers. They’re unpredictable.” He replied while I could feel my face heating up as I just realized how close we are to each other and how long have I been holding his hand. I’m just too lucky today! “What about you? You got any plans on going back to South Korea?”

“I got plans but I don’t think my father will let me.” I just sigh at the thought of my father. “He’s pretty strict with me.”

“Well I don’t wonder why he is strict.” Then the Ferris wheel began moving again. “You’re just too important to lose.”

“Am I?” I asked him back.

“You are,” He responded, “no doubt about it.”

----------------------------------

Finally, I uupdated!!!! During school days I fervently prayed that summer will come fast and now it has come but I got nothing to do (except for updating this fic)... Hmmmm...