Brawl

Memories Stored in the Heart

 

L’s POV

 

I thought this girl wouldn’t have the guts to show up in class anymore. She’s so lucky she lasted four days with me. But her absence really made me laugh. I guess she’s more innocent than I thought she is. But well, it was fun playing with her.

“Missed me baby?” I looked left-right looking for any other guys but I could tell from the looks of her that she was referring to me.

“I see you’re still not over me yet.” I gave her a smirk.

“Get your dirty feet off my seat please.” She’s practically playing with me.

“So now you wanna play with me?” I asked not getting my feet off. “I’m sorry I throw old toys away.”

“Oh, I see we have something in common. I’m sick of playing with you, you’re no fun at all.” Am I seriously hearing this? “I lose the bet because of you!”

I chuckled. “Ah, so you bet that I was going to date you for what? A month?”

“You kidding me?” She chuckled even more sending me frantic. “I bet that you’d date me for day. I really didn’t know you were enjoying so I just played along.”

Is this girl serious? If she is then she probably doesn’t know who she’s playing with.

“I see you didn’t know who you were playing with. Now get your feet off.”

Wow, seriously, she’s pissing me off. I sat erectly staring at her, giving my death glare. But she wouldn’t meet eyes with me.

Aish, I won’t lose to a girl.

 

----------------------

 

Chung Ae’s POV

 

“Oh my, that was the biggest, most brilliant lie I have ever told!” Jake said with a laugh along with me. I really couldn’t believe she did that. “I could really feel him stare at me after that, you know his death glare, but I didn’t mind looking back at him because I know, if ever I would do that, it will all fall off.”

“Oh gosh, you did great with that!” I said with a laugh. “Hope he learned his lesson then.”

“Well I guess he did. If you just saw how pissed off he was. Of course he’s not making it obvious but I could see through him.” So yeah, we’re basically making fun of the school’s no.1 playboy.

We were inside the library and as usual, no one minds how loud we both talk. We were munching on our lunch slowly but, I, even slower than usual that Jake even noticed.

“I think you lose weight.” She looked at me intently as I my fork to the broccoli.

“Seriously, I’m thinking of giving up getting slimmer so stop playing with me.”

“No, really, I promise you. I really think you lose some weight.”

“Ok. Maybe I lose weight but I’m still fat.” I poked my belly fats. “I’m finished.”

“Finished already? So not like you. What happened to you when I was gone?” She asked suspicious with my sudden loss of appetite. “Are you sick?”

“Get your hands off. What are you talking about?” I slapped her hand off my forehead.

“Oh, then I guess this really happens during high school.” She took her last bite. “I’m also finished!”

“Then come on! Let’s stroll around the campus for the meantime.” I proposed the stood up from the floor.

“Yep, yep let’s go!” She also stood up. Then something caught my attention.

I looked at the broken window, outside there they are, the school’s playboys: L and L.joe. Their eyes stuck at Jaekyung.

“Oh look, Jake. The school’s horrors are right out there.” I pointed outside, my finger’s peak pointing straight at them.

“You wanna play?” Jake asked me all hyped up. “Come on!”

She dragged me from the library to its back yard where we saw the two guys recently. From the time we set foot at the yard, the two guys set their eyes on us as if it is marked as their property.

“So, it is playgirl.” L.joe said tossing and catching his apple.

“What are you doing here...” He approached Jaekyung and stood right in front of her where there were only a few inches between them. “…babe?”

“Ew,” Jake said it fearlessly. “I’m not your babe anymore remember that.”

“Oh, then why are you here then?” He leaned in closer to her, almost kissing her.

“Yuck, get away from me. Whatever the reason is, I’m sure I’m not here for you.”

“That’s harsh, babe.” He held Jake’s shoulder ready to kiss her but she shook her head away. However, L keeps on insisting for a kiss.

“Yah, let go of me!” Jake pushed him away.

“Come on, play with me.” L smirked while L.joe was entertained with what he was seeing.

“No, I’m sick of you already. You’re no fun.” Jake said backing off while L steps in closer.

“Yah, she said she’s done with you. What’s the part there that you didn’t understand?” I fired.

“Shut up, fat loser girl!” Right, he said it and I’m not holding back anymore!

“Chung Ae-ah!” Jake shouted when I punched the guy. She was shocked by my actions, so as L.joe who was once calm approached L.

“Yah, who are you calling fat, huh?” I attempted to kick him but Jake was holding me back. “Let me go, Jake. I’ll handle this, I’ll handle this.”

“Aish this girl. Are you an idiot or what? Who else would I be calling ‘fat’ here?” He almost punched me if L.joe didn’t stop him.

“Yaaahh!!!” I released my anger that I threw Jake away sending her to the ground. “Do you know who you’re calling fat here, huh?”

“Hey, stop with this childish fight.” L.joe commented but I shot him my very own death glare.

“Childish fight? If it’s so childish then I guess you can handle joining in?” I said my eyes firing up.

“Let me go.” L commanded. “I’ll handle her.”

I punched L as soon as L.joe let his grip out. The punch made L back off a bit and now his turn to return the punch. But before it could hit me, a voice broke in.

“Stop!” Mrs. Seo yelled as we all looked at her direction.

“Mrs. Seo?” My eyes widened when I saw my homeroom teacher caught me in a fight.

“All of you, in the office now!”