Smile

Memories Stored in the Heart

 

Chung Ae’s POV

 

Happy days really pass by quickly. It’s already the third day of the week long school festival and I have done a lot of running in the past few days. Thanks to Krystal who’s indirectly helping me exercise.

“So you’ve been with L more often these days, huh?” Jake asked visiting me in the library. “Then I bet something has changed right?”

I just nodded while reading my book. “I now know he’s really a good actor and liar.” I paused reading but didn’t get my eyes off the book.

“Has he promised you something he didn’t do?” She asked again.

“No, but we’ve been talking and doing acts a lot lately and so I know.”

 

------------

Flashback

 

“How did L.joe get involved?” I finally broke all the panting and silence when we were heading back to the library.

“She originally wants him but she got rejected.” He said chuckling at the thought that Krystal is also a loser. Then he paused for a deep breath. “You did a great job running back there.”

Wow, he couldn’t get more angelic when he’s smiling with sincerity. If only he smiles that way and stops calling me names, maybe I’ll be friendlier.

“Oh yeah I did!” I said tilting my head left-right for a stretch. “I’m starting to think that this is fun.”

“Fun?” He asked. Uh-oh, I think I gave him the wrong idea, I don’t mean the pretend-to-be-couple thing.

“The running—the running is fun, you know.” I elaborated rolling my eyes.

“Then you should do that more often. Who knows you might end up like Jaekyung?”

“ert,” I judged in a whisper.

“I heard that.”

“Well there’s nothing new to that right? I know you hear that often.”

“No I don’t.” He rolled his eyes in objection. “My face is too innocent to entertain those kinds of comments.” Then he grinned.

Innocent he said? I bet he doesn’t know what that word means.

 

End of Flashback

----------

 

Ok, so why do I have to remember what happened that day? It’s nothing special. Why did that even flashed back to my mind? Hahaha… I’m going crazy and it’s not funny. Myungsoo get away from my head you’re not supposed to be there!

“Eh, look who’s smiling like crazy?” Jake tapped the table hardly in front of me which awakened me from my trance. “So can we go now?”

I looked at my watch five minutes before my break.

“It’s not yet time, just five more minutes.” I told Jake.

“But it’s just five more minutes, can’t we go now?”

“What are you hurrying up for? Your game is set tomorrow so what are you being excited about?”

“L will participate in the Track and Field!” She said with a gleaming smile. I just rolled my eyes on that.

“Seriously Jake, do you want me house that much?” I sarcastically asked her. She could just tell me if she wants it and I’ll give it to her.

“I want you and L together that much and yeah also your house. It’s much more spacious and pretty there.” She blinked her eyes faster with her aegyo. “Come on let’s go!”

 

-------------

 

I found myself sitting in one of the bench after being dragged by Jake a few minutes ahead of my break.

“L-oppa, saranghaeyo~~~” My brows narrowed hearing that.

I turned to that direction and saw a bunch of fan girls waving their banners of confessions and cheers for L.

“Are you jealous?” I heard a voice…which was obviously L.joe’s.

“Hey L.joe!” Jake greeted him with a smile then focused back on the field.

“Jealous?” I chuckled as he sat beside me. “Why would I be?”

“Because you like L.” He answered me.

“That’s right, you like L.” Jaekyung added. “You obviously do.”

“What a liar you both are! Don’t accuse me of liking him that’s just disgusting and it will probably kill me right away.” I shrugged at the thought of liking him. I have always disliked him.

“Why are you so defensive?” L.joe laughed at me. “Don’t worry, I won’t tell until you confess yourself.” He gave me an assuring smile.

“Well I don’t, I don’t like him! How many times will I repeat that? I don’t like him and I never will!” I shouted those words which caught some attention.

“Yes you do.” Jake whispered. Though I heard it, I wouldn’t argue anymore. Arguing with these people will only result to an even more complication.

I just focused on the game. I saw the participants with L, gorgeous as ever.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m just too honest that the truth seems like a compliment. He stayed at the starting line with the others, stretching and getting ready for the run while his fan girls are shouting at the top of their lungs that it irritates my ears. I irritatingly looked at the fan girls checking whether they are all still alive after those screams they let out; the is not even starting yet but they are screaming like L already won the game. I looked back to the field only to see L staring back at me. But not his usual death glares just a plain stare. I didn’t care. I just stared back at him blankly. He smiled.

BOOM!

My eyes widened, I had goosebumps behind my neck, and my heart skipped a beat. I looked behind me maybe he wasn’t really smiling at me. But impossible, a guy seated behind me, L.joe beside me while Jake got her eyes off somewhere else. What in the world? Did I saw it right?

I looked back at him but he wasn’t staring back anymore, he was back to stretching. Maybe I saw it wrongly. Besides, why would it matter to me? Anyone can give me a smile.

The game started with L leading the way and of course, with an everyday habit of running away from Krystal’s suitors, he won.

 

-------------------------------

Hey addict_ohnine here!

I'm updating again! YEY!

I'm not quite satisfied with the subs. But hey, at least I got subbies! I just hope to have more of them. ^^

Please comment and subscribe. I'm begging you. *puppy eyes*