Average Girl

Memories Stored in the Heart

 

 

 

Chung Ae’s POV:

 

Walk, walk, walk. How many steps would it take to be at school? I swear I’m losing my patience here. I hate walking I’m so lazy to do that!

“Yah, seriously Chung Ae?” Jaekyung, my freaking hot girl gave me a look. “You’re an . You grew fat ‘coz you’re not even working out there. Come on!”

“’Working out’ you say? The hell I’m not one of those people who were born with those forever-fit body!” Don’t get us wrong. We’re not really in a deep misunderstanding or argument. I guess this is how real friends should be. She’s being honest with me. I know I’m a school freak but that’s not the only thing why I hated school.

“Are you really going to let your grow there?” She’s unbelievably excited for the first day of high school which almost sent me to puke.

I ran up to her just to let her see I’m at least half of her enthusiasm.

“Take it easy girl the ground is shaking!” She said with a chuckle while I playfully attempted to hit her. “Don’t worry, you’ll do great there.”

“WE will do great there!” I pumped my fist. “Remember, you may have gotten more of the looks but I have gotten the talents and the brains!”

“Yeah, and that means…” She raised an eyebrow signaling me.

“…WE’RE THE PERFECT DUO!!!” We both exclaimed doing our simple friendship handshake as the passers-by looked at us both weirdly. Well who in the right mind would do that in public?

“I think they’re more of the losers.” I heard a girl in the same uniform as us passed by with her friend.

“Well just look at that one, you shouldn’t have thought of befriending them. I’d rather be with Krystal.” The other one said as I eyed them on their way.

“Let’s not mind them.” Jaekyung said holding onto my arm like a kid. “Kaja!”

I just nodded and looked down accidentally noticing how big my belly is. Right, I maybe pulling my friend down: She’s a Queenka type and now she’s becoming a loser because of me.

“Jake, are you getting sick of being—“

“Shhhh…” She struggled to put her finger to her lips so I just shut my mouth up. “Look at that guy, look at that guy and his friend.” She screamed in a whisper.

I slowly lifted my head back up and walking in front of us are two guys probably students of the same school.

“So???” I looked at their back intently raising an eyebrow. “What’s there to look at?”

“No, not their backs, IDIOT!” She screamed the last word now which caused the two to look back.

My mouth hung open for a moment while facing their awesome, oh so beautiful faces. Facepalm. I look like a complete idiot with that facial expression.

“EEEEEE,” She gripped my hand in extreme excitement as soon as the two turned their backs at us once again. “You see, you see!!!! Oh my pitiful friend we just found out our guys!”

“Oh, you’re handing out guys? They aren’t even yours so never mention who goes to who.” I tried to hold myself but damn, those two were gorgeous as you can imagine. I can’t help but fall for their looks. For their looks, that is.

“Eh, don’t say that. I give you the one at the left while I take the one at the right, ok?” She said all dreamy. I wish she can just forget those guys’ faces before this goes too far but as I have known her, it’ll be almost impossible. She’s like one of those screaming fan girls to all gorgeous guys who would do anything for attention.

“Jake, would you seriously please forget about gorgeous guys? We’re here to pursue our dreams and not to find someone to marry.” Yeah right, what do you expect? Of course she’s not listening.

“Ahhhh, we’re here! We’re here!” She hurried up infront of the gate while I slowly approached her there. “Korea Arts High School”

“Let’s do great ok?”

 

-----------------

 

“I’m your advisory class teacher, Mrs. Seo Soyeon. I expect every my class to be—“ The classroom’s door suddenly burst open that got everyone’s attention.

Everyone’s eyes were on him; well all the girls’ eyes were on him. But instead of saying anything, an apology for cutting the teacher off, he just scratched the back of his head and bowed then walked up to the seat at the back normally as if no one’s eyeing him. Wait, wait, wait. Oh yeah, he was the guy back then. The one Jake gave me.

“As I was saying I expect my class to be always on the school’s top 5 classes. And as freshmen, I’ll read to you the school rules…” and so the teacher went on and consumed up all the time she could.

While me, I was there eyeing that dude like every other girl in the classroom. And finally the bell rang. Yey, time to see Jaekyung again!

“Lee Byung Hun, come see me at the office.” Mrs. Seo called someone from behind me.

I looked back curious about that classmate.

“It’s L.joe!” He corrected.

 

----------

A/N

I have written this chapter for quite a long time now. I just didn't have the time to post another story since I still have an on going FF. But I just can't help myself to post and write another story... and I feel bad about it! :3 but enjoy this story! :D