Goodbye

Memories Stored in the Heart

 

Chung Ae’s POV

 

“I told you it would never happen.”

“But...but…” Jaekyung tried her best to win in this argument. “I saw what happened lately during the volleyball game.”

“It was nothing.” I my ice cream while we walked down the road. “And so I win and you’ll never bug me about that ever again.”

“But…even if you’re not really going on a date…you still like him right?”

“What are you talking about Jake? That’s just impossible.” I said it awkwardly when I tried my best to say it in the most comfortable way.

“Yah, don’t tell me you didn’t feel anything when you hug or something while pretending to be a couple.” Jake pouted.

I chuckled. “Seriously? We never get to hug or something when we were still pretending to be a couple.”

Well maybe there was really nothing when we were still pretending to be a couple but there was something when we were already not pretending to be a couple. Aish, I hate remembering that kiss!

“So you’re saying that there wasn’t even a little spark or something you feel for him?”

“There is something!” I said then saw her eyes lit up. “And it’s the feeling of hatred.”

We finally reached Jake’s house in no time.

“You’re not coming in?” She asked me. “I bet mom’s cooking dinner.”

“Maybe some other time.” I declined her offer. “I’m going, bye.”

“Ok,” She scratched her head while I continued walking. “Bye” she whispered.

Just after ten minutes of walk after Jaekyung dropped off, I reached my house and found the same situation when I walked in yesterday.

“I see you haven’t packed your things yet.” He stated coldly.

“I’m not going.” I said frankly putting my shoes to the shoe rack.

“Whether you like it or not you are leaving tomorrow.” He wasn’t even aware of how uncooperative I am with his plan.

“I thought I am your daughter so please don’t make me do anything I don’t want.” I wasn’t begging but rather telling him that he doesn’t have a full right to make me do anything he wants me to.

“I’m doing this for your own good.” He placed down the newspaper he was reading. “Just look at how you didn’t take care of yourself. You look older than Ina though you’re younger.”

“And how is that going to please me?” I asked sarcastically.

“Your sister ran away and married that unacceptable and indecent man.” He explained. “And I want you to take her place as my heiress.”

“Then I guess unnie made a right choice.” I placed my bag on the couch beside him. “She’s a good person as I’ve known her to be: obedient in everything you told her to do. So I’m really curious what made her ran away.”

“Don’t disrespect me young lady!” His face was not yet on his angry mode but it still looks scary. “Such an ill-mannered girl. But I don’t worry; we’ll fix that as soon as you leave for abroad.”
“Oh, so I am ill-mannered? Then I guess I really am your daughter thinking I got that from you.”

“Yes, and since we have something in common, it’s enough for me to know that you can handle the company like how I’m handling it.”

“I’m sorry old man but that’s not gonna convince me.” He stood up and fixed himself ready to leave.

“I don’t need to convince you to go because just like I said, whether you like it or not you are going to leave for abroad tomorrow.” He walked pass by me and said by the time he was at the door, “Goodbye, Chung Ae.”

 

--------------------------------------------

 

L’s POV

 

“Hey man!” I heard a voice called as I was leaning against the wall outside the school gate.

“Hey, glad you made it here alive.” It was Hyuncheol or better known as Karam. He’s a friend from middle school and the three of us—him, L.joe and me—were the ones who were always together.

“Where’s L.joe?” He asked not aware of my fight with him. “He said he wanted me to meet a girl and I was hoping you’d all be waiting for me altogether.”

“A girl?”

“Yeah, her name was Chung Ae as I remembered.” He said looking at every direction hoping to spot the old friend. But instead of finding him, he found girls all smiling and showing motives. “There are so many lovely ladies here, eh? I wonder what’s so special with that Chung Ae girl.”

“There’s really nothing special about her.” I said silently telling him not to expect a beautiful, y or nerdy girl. “Let’s just go dude.”

A black car passed by just when we were entering the gate. I’m still unstable of what I did yesterday at the library’s backyard. Why the hell did I do that? Of all the girls in the world why would it be her?

“So can you tell me about the girl?” Karam asked all curious about her.

“She’s my girlfriend.” I straight-forwardly told him. “She’s my stable girlfriend.”

He chuckled at what I said. “You serious about that? I could never imagine almighty L as a loyal man to his girl.”

But before I could speak up, we both saw L.joe running towards our direction.

“Get a car!” L.joe demanded gasping for air when he reached us. He’s really pissing me. “I said go get a car!”

“What’s wrong man?” Karam asked him tapping his shoulder.

“Why are you suddenly ordering us around huh?” I guess Karam noticed the tension between me and L.joe.

“Just get a goddamn car this instant!” He raised his voice while Karam dialed his phone.

“What the hell do you need a car for?” Karam asked L.joe who was still catching his breath but before he could reply, a car stopped in front of us.

“Chung Ae was forced to get into a car by some men.” He said getting the keys from the driver. “We need to hurry. Get in.”

------------------------------

 

Chung Ae’s POV

 

“What the hell?!” I keep on yelling inside the car.

Two men were both there inside with me. A man whose hair grew on his face instead on his head was the one holding me back from throwing my tantrums inside the car while a man in clean cut and much leaner than the first one was driving.

“Let go! Where are you taking me?!” What the hell is wrong with my mind? Why would I expect for them to answer me?

“Cool down miss. I don’t want to hurt you. As for your question, we’re taking you to the airport.” The bald man said formally.

“Oh, so this is the work of that man who I call Father, huh?” I asked all irritated trying to escape his grasp.

“Don’t wait for me to tie you up, miss. You wouldn’t like it.” He warned me again.

“I think someone’s following behind.” The one driving told the bald one.

“Then get them lost.” The bald man suggested.

“Yah, let go! I’m not going anywhere so please release me! This is called kidnapping!” I shouted still trying to escape from the bald man’s tight grip.

“Your own father ordered this so I guess this wouldn’t be called kidnapping.”

“They’re almost gone.” The driver updated baldman.

As bald man looked behind for assurance that we are no longer being followed, I get the opportunity to bite his hands off.

“Ahh… you silly pig!” He exclaimed. “You’re gonna regret biting me.”

I readied myself for a fight. When he tried to grasp my hands again, I kicked him but it didn’t work, he’s still alive. I kept on hitting him with my kicks and punches I’m almost free.

“Who do you call pig huh?” I was set on fire and everything was on chaos on the back seat.

I kicked him again and again and punched him. On my last punch, I was unlucky. I hit the driver’s head and because of his small body compared to the bald man, he easily gave up.

“No—no, no…” My eyes widened when I realized what I just did.

The car was on its highest speed since we were trying to get away from the ones following and so now that no one was driving, the car was out of control and made its way out of the lane and jumped out of the bridge we were crossing.

 

 

--------------------------------

 

 

L’s POV

 

“Drive faster.” I shouted at L.joe who was the one driving. “Where the hell are they taking her?!”

“Oh !” The three of us all wide-eyed saw what happened.

The car we were following got out of control and jumped out of the bridge.

“Stop the car right now!” I yelled as I felt a lump on my throat.

I feel nervous and for the first time, scared. We all hurriedly jumped out of the car as soon as it stopped and headed near the area where the car jumped out. I looked down to the water looking for her there but I couldn’t find her. I’m not going to lose hope in finding her, if I couldn’t find her here, I’d go look for her down there. And I mean it.

“Yah, what do you think you’re doing?!” L.joe grabbed my shoulders when I stood at the edge ready to jump off.

“I’m going to find her?” I replied but before I could look back down the bridge, the car exploded down there.

All three of us looked down seeing the flame burning on top of the waters.

“Chung Ae-ah!!!” I screamed on the top of my lungs. “Chung Ae-ah!!!”

I kept on screaming her name but there was nothing. Only nothing.

“Chung Ae-ah, darn it! You better show yourself right now!” I was losing hope inside me.

I could feel the whole world crumbling down.

“Chung Ae-ah!” L.joe screamed and looked on the river banks to see whether someone survived. “Chung Ae-ah~”

“Chung Ae-ah,” My voice was now rougher.

Just when I realized what I really feel for her, she left. 

 

-------------------------------------

 

That's the end for Part 1. :D I still got little subbies though. Please comment and subscribe.