Kiss

Memories Stored in the Heart

 

Chung Ae’s POV

 

I don’t know if I’m doing this right but I’m not telling Jaekyung about what happened last night.  I won’t be telling since I have already made my mind: I won’t abide my father’s words. It would cost me much to go against my father’s will I know but I guess if he really considers me as his daughter he wouldn’t do anything against my will.

“Is there something bothering you?” Jake asked me when she saw me on the nearest bench.

“No,” I answered her cutting off my train of thoughts.

“By the way, I invited—“ She was cut off when she suddenly saw someone coming from behind. “What happened to you? And where’s L?” She asked L.joe wide-eyed.

“See this?” He pointed on the band aid on his cheek as he seated on my left side. “He did this so how the hell would I know where that rascal is.”

“He punched you?” My eyes also grew big. “Let me see.”

I leaned in closer to him to take a look at the wound. I could really imagine the intensity of the punch L threw to him based on the wound. It isn’t really that big, just a scratch but the skin around it is a bit purplish and red.

“Let’s treat it later after the game, ok?” I offered. “What the heck did you fight over?” Then I heard someone clear a throat behind. I leaned back when I saw it was L.

“Yah, why did you punch L.joe?” Jake suddenly asked L when he chose to seat on my right side instead of picking to be beside his bestfriend, L.joe.

“Oppa, can you take a picture with me?” agiddy fan girl of his asked L then raised a brow once she saw me.

“Sure,” He agreed with a smile just like a professional.

And that picture taking time took the time for us to talk about the reason why L did what he did. By the time they finished, the game was going to start already. Instead of asking L again, I save the topic after the game.

“I’m thirsty. I’m gonna go buy some refreshments for a moment.” I excused wanting to leave the two of them for a talk or something to help the two make up.

“I’ll go with you then.” L.joe said. “I’m comfortable with the atmosphere here anyway.”

“No, you stay.” I commanded him.

“Right, you stay I go.” L suddenly said eyeing both L.joe and me. “I’m not comfortable with someone here anyway.”

What the hell? What did they fight about that they ended up disliking each other this way?

“Then make sure you won’t come back here.” L.joe sat back to his seat then grabbed my hand to make me sit back to my seat.

“I won’t but she’s coming with me.” L grabbed my other hand standing up but L.joe wouldn’t let go.

“Hey, you’re blocking the view man!” The guy sitting behind us complained. “”And can you at…least…—“

He shut up when he recognized it was L he was complaining to.

“Chung Ae, you’re going to stay right?” L.joe asked me tapping the seat beside him. “Jaekyung is playing so I don’t think you can just go.”

“No, you’re going with me.” L tightened his grip on my hand. “I’m your boyfriend so you should go with me.”

L tried to drag me with him but L.joe wouldn’t let go. He even stood up just to win.

“What the hell L? Don’t say that as a reason because we both know Chung Ae and you aren’t a real couple.” Everyone looked at our direction after what L.joe said.

Girls smirked; guys were shocked; the two are still in a glare fight and; me, my hands hurt, my head aches and I’m in between two fighting guys.

“Would the two of you let go of me?” I said impassively. “I don’t like the attention everyone is giving to us.”

“You’re going with me.”

“No, you’re staying.”

“What the hell is wrong with the two you?!” I shouted at the two of them as it caught everyone’s attention even the ones playing the game. “Both of you let go of me right now! You think you can both order me around like your slave? I got my own life people, my gosh! Now let go of me!”

L.joe was the first one to let go of my hand but I could see L has no intention of letting go so I wiped his hand away from me. I slapped, whack and hit his hand off me but it wouldn’t go off.

“You’re coming with me.” He said cutting his glare off of L.joe then started to drag me outside.

“Yah, I said let go!” I almost tripped when he dragged me and my uncooperative feet.

He kept on dragging me while I keep on yelling and scolding him until we reached the library’s back yard.

“Why the hell did you drag me here?” I started my non-stop scold again. “I told you to let go of me and now you’re dragged me here? You got no right, you should know! Whether everyone knows or not about the fake dating, you got no right to tell me what to do! I got my own mind, I know what to do. And just what’s up with you and L.joe, huh? If you don’t want to talk about it then don’t put me in between your fights! I got nothing to do with you as I know—“

He suddenly held my chin up and kissed me. The whole world stopped—my heart stopped. My mind stopped working and I could just tell that my breathing will stop any minute now. The next thing I knew was that he was walking away already. My body’s numb, my mind still not working but hopefully, my breathing didn’t stop.

I wanted to die at this very moment. I’m hoping I’m just dreaming. Yes, dreaming. I hate to admit it but a part of me likes what happened. A part of me feels good about what just happened. But I know it’s not right, I wouldn’t be right. Liking L is never a right thing.

I shook my head trying to get back to reality.

“That was not true. That never happened.” I said to myself as a tear dropped from my eyes. I wiped it off slapping myself.

“That never happened, Joo Chung Ae. Nothing happened.” I told myself again.

“Chung Ae,” Someone called me from behind.

I arranged myself before looking back. It was L.joe.

“Are you ok?”

“Yep, yeah, I am.” I flashed my best smile. “Come on, let’s go treat that scratch of yours.”

-------------------

 

“What did really happen between you and L?” I acted as if I’m not affected with L’s name. I really feel uncomfortable inside whenever I say his name or hear it.

“He’s a freaking bastard. He just punched me without any notice.” Could that be possible? Punching someone without any reason? That’s just crazy.

“Then can’t you just apologize to him or something?” I said lightly blowing the scratch on his face after cleaning it.

“Not until he apologizes first.”

“Aish, really, I couldn’t understand guys’ ego.” I leaned back getting another band aid on the kit.

“Well I don’t get it with girls’ either. Why do you think it’s so easy to do things like that?”

“Then what’s so hard in doing that?”

“Aish, guys are way more competitive than girls. For us, apologizing is losing.” He paused. “And why would I apologize, he was the one who punched me. So it’s his fault.”

“Well you fought with him lately. You two almost punched each other there if only there weren’t any people there.” I leaned in close to him again sticking the band aid on the scratch.

“Let me think about it.” He said giving me a stare.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing.” He answered sighing as I leaned back. “Are you free by tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow?” I started to think about my schedule for tomorrow. “Yes, yes I am—I think. Why?”

“My friend will be visiting the school. We invited him originally but I guess I’m the only one who can tour him around.” He started. “So, can you go with us?”

“Is he yet another Kingka from another school?” I asked imagining how I would look like with two Kingkas. We would look like master and slave. And obviously, I’m the slave.

He nodded. “But I assure you he’s nothing like L.”

The name echoed in my head again. I sighed to lift up the bad vibes I feel when hearing his name. “Then is he something like you?”

“Yep, something like me. I’m just a bit on a higher level.” He started to compliment himself.

“Ah, so you mean he’s a swagger too but you are on a higher level of being swagger?” I asked him with a light chuckle.

“Yep,” He chuckled.

I didn’t mind saying this out loud but whether L.joe denies it or not, he and L are alike. I guess that’s the reason why they got along.

“So…are you going?” He invited.

“I guess it’s not a very bad idea so yeah.” I nodded with a smile. “What’s your friend’s name again?”

“Hyuncheol, but he’d prefer to be called Karam.” L.joe replied.

 

------------------------------------ 

OMO, This chappie was posted already but then I just found out today that it disappeared. Oh well it was already explained why. :)