Painting It White

Memories Stored in the Heart

 

Chung Ae’s POV

 

Happy days pass by quickly while your days of pain pass by so slowly than ever. This is a proven fact. Cleaning the library’s backyard is fine with me but cleaning it with that Death Note guy, is the most crucial punishment in my entire detention life ever!

“Yah, there are still more of those garbage there!” He pointed here and then after a few minutes he’ll say the same thing pointing at yet another direction. Such a nagger.

"Will you shut it up?" I scolded my head flaming. "I keep on doing everything here and you're no help! Am I the only one in detention?"

"This is my help to you. I've never seen you so sweating that much, piggy. Keep it up and you might end up y like your friend.”

“Yah, what did you just call me?” I screamed at the top of my lungs with pure anger. “I guess you want end up in the hospital or better yet in the cemetery instead of detention!”

“Can’t the two of you stop it for a while?” L.joe came with a pail of paint and brushes. “Here, do this instead of nagging.” He gave one paint brush to L.

“What am I gonna do with this?” Seriously, what are you gonna do with a paintbrush but use it to paint?

“You start at that point while I’ll start on the other end.” L.joe commanded now giving a pail of paint to L.

“Aish…” He complained but then stood up and went directly to the other end.

I don’t really know if that guy has a life. He acts as if he doesn’t have his parents to tell him what the right thing to do is. Or maybe his parents spoiled him. Aish, I don’t know I just don’t like that guy at all.

“I’ll apologize in his place.” L.joe tapped my shoulder and commanded, “Throw everything away already.”

I gave him a smile which L noticed again that I heard him chuckle at me. Why is he even looking in the first place? Is he afraid I take away his L.joe. Hahahaha, I bet he’s gay!

“Who?” L.joe asked. Ooops! I didn’t know I said it out loud.

“Huh? What?” I gave him an innocent look. “I’m throwing these already.”

I walked away chuckling at that thought. I don’t know if I should throw up or die laughing at the time. I was busy thinking that I didn’t notice there’s someone coming my way.

“Aish!” She said under her breath and raising an eyebrow. “Will you get out of my way, you freak?”

Wow, her beauty almost turned me to a lesbian but her attitude made me throw up.

“I bet you’re the one who got them to detention. Bad luck is written all over you!” I bet she’s talking about the two. She’s no different to L.

“You’re wrong! They were the ones who got me to detention!” I corrected her.

“Oh, you were the one talking?” She chuckled. “I first thought it was that.” She pointed at the garbage bag I was holding. “You two look the same.”

“Then I’m lucky the garbage bag and I just look the same I would unlucky if my case was like yours: you’re as filthy as this…eeeww.” I give a disgusted face and walked pass by her.

Aigoo, really, people these days sure are pretty but their minds are all messed up with their hearts. I thought this could only occur in stories and movies but I guess it does occur in real life. Merong to her! :P She doesn’t know she’s being played!

---------

 

L’s POV

 

“Oppa,” It’s the brat again, Krystal. I give L.joe a look telling him that I don’t like the situation but he just gave me a silent chuckle. “Oppa, you’re there!”

“Hey Krystal, what are you doing here?” Just go I wanted to say but this girl is sticky and clingy even after I told her it’s over.

“Oppa, you didn’t mean what you said yesterday right?” She said it with her aegyo. But who would fall for it? Everyone knows how of a this girl is that even I couldn’t handle her.

“What part of that didn’t you understand? You want me to explain it to you?” This happened to me a lot of times but I don’t feel good about this situation.

“Everything!”

“Then let me tell you again: I don’t like you. We. Are. Over. Get it?” I turned my back to her and continued painting the fence.

“But oppa! That can’t be happening! You’re kidding! You’d be a fool if you let me go!” She blamed me for being foolish. Shouldn’t it be her? How foolish to believe I have fallen for her. “If it isn’t me you like then who would it be? No one right? Then I’ll stick with you!” She whined and hugged me from the back.

“Yah! Yah! Yah!” I shrugged her off letting the brush fall. “Let go Krystal what nonsense are you talking about?”

“Why shoo away someone who will make you happy? There’s no one you like so I’ll stick with you, oppa.” She hugged me again while I give L.joe a what-to-do look.

“Tell her you like someone.” He mouthed those words to me as I quickly understood what he was saying.

“I like someone already Krystal so you better get off!” I pushed her from me.

“I don’t believe you.” She’s too stubborn.

“He does have someone he likes.” L.joe backed up.

“Then who is it?” I turned silent and met eyes with L.joe thinking of names but my mind went blank. “Who is it?”

“Her,” L.joe pointed out.

“Yeah, her!” I quickly agreed and realized who he was pointing to. “Her???!!!” My eyes squinted out when I saw the “her”.

“In fact they’re already dating.” L.joe is freaking getting far. “Right, L?”

What the hell am I suppose to say? “Uhh…yeah, yes we are.”

“Seriously L? You’re trading with a loser?”

“Yep, I am… I mean no! I mean yes I am trading you with her but she’s not a loser.” Am I actually saying that in front of Chung Ae? I wanna puke!

“She’s a fat loser!” Krystal screamed looking intently at Chung Ae with flaming red eyes. And yeah, heard that? She said ‘fat’.

“What garbage girl? Who do you call fat?!” Huh, she’s at it again. I’d laugh at her if she gets into detention again.

“Hey, hey, stop it Chung Ae. You’ll end up having more time in detention than in class.” L.joe stepped between the two which spoiled everything. “Krystal, you can leave now that you know everything.”

“Yah, what’s wrong with me? Why choose someone like her—a loser, over a perfect girl—me?” Shouldn’t she know that herself?

“Aren’t you aware of your own fault garbage girl?” Chung Ae tried to harm Krystal but L.joe is playing the hero. What’s up with him? He used to love these things. And what’s with the ‘garbage girl’ nickname for Krystal.

“Yah, stop it the two of you! Krystal, leave already. We still got a fence to paint!” His temper was never this short. When did he start disliking cat fights between girls?

Krystal finally gave in and walked out eyeing Chung Ae while Chung Ae was doing the same to her. Finally, I’m Krystal-free!