Cursing

Memories Stored in the Heart

 

Chung Ae’s POV

 

I’m still a bit down after what happened earlier. I still couldn’t face the people around me, I feel even more inferior to everyone than before. Though my depression lessens after L.joe comforted me back at the library, I still feel ill.

“Yah, come with me.” I was surprised when L suddenly appeared and gave me tight grip on my arm dragging me to somewhere.

“Let go, I still have my library duties, dummy!” I scolded but he’s not even listening. He kept on walking until we reached the school gate.

“Where are you dragging me?” I asked annoyed, not in the mood to play games with him.

He didn’t answer but just looked down on his watch with his other hand still gripping my now hurting arm.

“L, I don’t have time to play games with you today, you should know. I’m not in the mood. So please just freakin’ let me go, it hurts!” I was in the middle of sermon when a car stopped in front of us.

A man went out of the car and gave L the key.

“Get in.” L ordered.

“What are thinking L? I still have my library duties and I’m in the mood ri—“

“I said get in!” He yelled before I could finish my sentence.

He’s so full of himself; he’s so selfish and conceited! I wiped his hands off my arm but before I could walk away he again grabbed my arm and with his strength, he managed to push me inside the passenger’s seat and fastened the seatbelt for me. He was too close to me that I could feel his breath, that I could smell his natural scent. He then closed the door and hurried to the driver’s seat and started driving.

“What the hell are you doing L?” I started to sermon again. “Are you out of your mind already? Why did you suddenly—“

“Just shut up! Ok?” He yelled back.

“How can I just shut up? How can you be so selfish? Why did you drag me here with you going somewhere, huh? You wanna kill me? Couldn’t you just wait until I kill myself?” I yelled at him with a lump on my throat.

I still not over with what happened lately though I try not to think about it but L is just pushing it. I don’t want to cry, I don’t want to shed my tears especially in front of L. I know he’s not the type who would listen to your cries and comfort you. He’s really pissing me off.

“Just…let your words wait ‘till we get there.”

We stopped at an empty green place outside the busy city.

I was amazed of how a place, quiet and peaceful, exists here. I walked out of the car and walked on top of that old wooden lath.

“Yah, yell all you want here not inside the car.” L advised.

I took a deep breath. I really hope screaming and shouting helps you like those in the dramas.

“Curse you Krystal!” I started to shout my heart out. “Curse you too L!”

“What?” I heard L sigh with a chuckle but I didn’t mind him.

“Curse you garbage girl! You look like a trash…no, you are a trash! Screw you! May you be damned in hell after what you have done to me! Curse you, curse you, curse you! You’ll see someday! I’ll crush you into tiny microscopic pieces.

“Curse you Death note guy for dragging me into this! I was living my peaceful high school life when you came and ruin everything! You playboy, conceited, selfish jerk!”

“Yah,” L shouted approaching me. “Don’t you dare say this is my idea! It’s all L.joe’s fault!”

“Then I curse him too!” I shouted.

“Well screw you for cursing me!” L shouted back. “Curse you for coming to my life. I’m screwed because of you! No need to curse me ‘cause I’m already having my bad luck, YOU DIMWIT!”

“Hate you Death Note guy for calling me dimwit!” I shouted. “I’m not the dimwit, you idiot! Krystal is! I HATE YOU KRYSTAL~~~”

I shouted everything like a freaking drunkard. Finally, I was able to lift up the burden I was carrying. I sat on the edge of the lath with my feet hanging and swinging.

“Are you finished?” L asked sitting beside me.

“Well I obviously am.” I said with a smile.

His lips formed into a smile together with his eyes. It made my heart abnormally beat sending blood to up to my face. I looked away, trying to ignore my abnormal feelings inside.

“So,” L said asking for something.

“’So’ what?”

“Aren’t gonna thank me?”

“No, you caused me to call off my library duties. What if Mrs. Seo finds out about me not being there?” I pouted with my blowfish face.

“Aigoo,” He said pinching my cheeks hardly.

“LET GOOOO~~~” I said with all my might slapping his hands away from my now very red and painful cheeks. “Ouch! So you wanna kill me?” I said annoyed.

He just stayed silent and so did I. But it was getting late already that I have to break the silence.

“Yah, it’s already getting late. Drive me home.” I bossily said not taking any objection. “Let’s go already.”

He drove me home obediently without any more questions or nagging. The drive was indeed a silent one. He dropped me off outside my house.

“Aren’t you going to invite me in?” He asked me getting off the car after I thank him for the ride.

“No, I won’t why would I?”

“Seriously?”

“Yep, seriously and besides there is really nothing in there to see. It’s just a normal house—.” I was in the middle of searching for the keys but I noticed that the door is not closed but rather partly open.

“Is there something wrong?” L asked then approached me.

“Weird, someone’s inside.” I calmly said not getting my eyes off the door.

“Then maybe I really need to accompany you just in case.” He grabbed my hand and slowly approached to open the door.

“I see you’re with someone.” Said a man.

Holy sweet potato! It was father inside sitting comfortably on the couch reading the news paper delivered earlier today. I quickly veer off L’s hand on mine. He didn’t ask but he gave me a Do-you-know-him look. I responded with a go-now-quickly look which he at least understood.

“I’ll be going already, annyeong.” He bowed facing my father and gave me a look before really going.

“Is he, in any case, your boyfriend?” Father asked me with a scolding look which quite scared me.

“No,” I quickly answered still standing by the door.

“Good, ‘cause you’ll be leaving Seoul already the day after tomorrow.” He said it stern as if he still has the right over me.

“Why?” I asked looking at him instead of bowing my head like when I was a kid. I have always been scared of him. “I thought you have already despised me? I remember how you said I couldn’t go back once I have chosen my mom. And I did choose her. Why are you running into my life now?” I said it all with all my courage. But I feel like regretting saying that.

“That agreement is only applied when your mother is alive. You’re still my daughter after all.” He placed down the news paper he was reading.

I’m doubtful that he’s doing this because I’m his daughter. I guess he’s doing this because he wants something.

“I’m telling you, as your father, that you should continue your studies abroad. And that you’ll be leaving the day after tomorrow. Someone will come here to pick you up so be ready.”

Seriously? Does he mean he wants me to be his slave? What about Jaekyung and all the people that I’ll left behind…if there are any?

I bit my lip. But whether I like it or not, I know I got no choice but to abide by his words.

Curse him.

-------------------------------------------------------------

                           Addict_ohnine

 

About the cursing part up there: please don’t bash on me. I have nothing against Krystal or anyone who was being bad mouthed there. I absolutely love everyone! *throws hearts* I love everyone.

and yey, four chappies!!

 

Please comment and subscribe~~  I love you all~~  ^^