Forgotten Reality

Memories Stored in the Heart

 

Hana’s POV

My heart pounded as soon as I heard that name. It resounded in my head. Chung Ae, Chung Ae, Chung Ae. I’m so confused with what’s happening. It was L, he called me with that name. He called me like he had known me from the beginning.

“You’re mistaken, I’m not her.” I admitted while looking straight into his familiar eyes. “I…I’m going already.”

Something’s wrong, I know something’s really wrong. I don’t even know why I came here in the first place. I started to take my steps away but a strong hand held my arm and put me to stop. I froze, his touch send chills to my body. I reacted the way I don’t want to. I want to take another step, but my feet don’t want to.

“Stay,” He whispered.

But somewhere on the dark edges of my brain, I finally found the urge to move away. Being aggressive he is, he pulled me into him and my head landed on his hard chest. He was hugging me. Not just simply hugging me. It was…extraordinary. I never felt this kind of warmness before...or did I?

“Did you accidentally forget me? Or did you erase me from you memory on purpose?” He asked hugging me tighter. I couldn’t do anything more than listen to him. “But whatever the reason is I’m not letting you forget me.” He talked again caressing my hair.

My head started to spin and ache like crazy and I started to close my eyes to contain the pain, burying my head unintentionally on his chest more. My legs started to weaken with the pain I feel in my head and my breath became uneven. Only when I started to grip the fabric of his shirt did he knew something was wrong.

“Yah, is something wrong?” He asked looking down at me with concern. “Yah, hold on…”

Then everything went black. An endless zilch drowning me and now, what seemed to be a nightmare to me in the past months became my forgotten reality.


I wake up to the beeping sound of a machine. My vision still blurry and my senses aren’t that awake. The high white ceiling faced me back and the smell of medicine permeated the air.

Where am I?

Let me recall…

Right, I was in the middle of an argument with death note guy and I was suddenly pulled back—pulled back into the past.

I looked to my right and saw an open window with a little cactus plant on a little pot standing in the middle. It’s probably seeping all the sun it can get it while I, seeping all the dextrose that hung right beside my bed—my hospital bed.

“At last, you’re awake.” I turned to my left and saw Jake panic-relieved. “Are you feeling ok by now?”

I tried to sit up but before I could succeed another blow of ache strikes my head which made me let out a small wince.

“Hana-ah, don’t force yourself.” She said concern while assisting me.

“I can manage, nothing to worry. I’m fine.” I smiled and after seeing that there’s no one else there, I get myself ready with my revelation to her. “Jake, I need to tell you something.”

“What is it?” She asked innocently. I can guess, once I told her first she’ll laugh then I’ll tell her to believe me, she’ll tell me not to joke around and then I’ll prove it, she’ll believe me and then cry even more. Oh yeah, that’s how I know her, predicting her emotions are so easy.

“I’m…”

Then suddenly like how it all goes on TV dramas, something cut me off.

“Hana-ah,” It was Karam who opened the door. He smiled at me warmly like I have always seen him and he advanced towards me. “I’m glad you already woke up.” He said and hugged me tightly.

I hugged him back but not as tight as I could. At the far end of my eye, I saw L standing by the door, his eyes—his piercing gaze, shot through me. There was jealousy, I know though I haven’t seen it in him yet. He left without taking a step inside, no one noticed him but me.