Secrets Revealed

Memories Stored in the Heart

 

Hana’s POV

“It’s been a good three days here for you.” Jake said after I broke the hug with Karam.

“Three days?” I didn’t expect I’d be unconscious for such a long time.

“But it seems like a century for me.” Karam commented caressing my hair. “L brought you here. Good thing L was there or else if it was another guy I bet you’ll be in a worse situation right now.”

“Speaking of L, where is he?” Jake suddenly asked. “I thought he was with you?”

“Well, uh… I also thought he was with me.” Karam said looking around the room. “His manager probably called.”

“And L.joe?” Jake asked and I hid a little giggle inside me. I got this feeling between Jake and L.joe.

“I thought you don’t like him?” I asked teasingly.

“I don’t!” She defended in an awkwardly loud voice which sent Karam and I to giggle. “I’m just asking, that’s all!”

“It’s alright, we won’t tell until you confess to him yourself.” Karam started joking while I began to laugh seeing my bestfriend blush. I missed seeing Jaekyung laugh.

“Yah!” She complained then suddenly remembered. “Oh, aren’t you going to tell me something before Karam barge inside?”

“Uh…no, it was nothing.” I said not knowing how to say it in front of Karam.

“Are you sure? It sounded important.” Jake said. I just hope Karam wouldn’t think I’m hiding something from him.

“Oh, it was just nothing.” I smiled reassuringly.

Now that my memories are back, I want to make everything clear. The problem is, I don’t know where to begin.

This started when my father, desperate for an heiress, brought me to Japan and hid everything from me. But is that the real problem? Honestly I can easily escape from being the heiress. But my father’s lies brought me more problem than being an heiress.

The real burden is the fact that my heart is confusing my head.

I never liked death note guy right? I never did. I never did. I never did. I never did. I never did. Or did I? It’s such a shame my heart doesn’t have an ear to hear what my head is saying.

Anyways, L never liked me right? He never did since the beginning. He never did. He never did. He never did. He never did. He never did. He never did. Or did he?

The scene when he kissed me back then crossed my thoughts. What was he thinking? Why did he kiss me? And why did it felt so good on my side? So good that it can’t even be compared on my kiss with Karam.

“Hanna-ah,” Karam broke my thoughts. “My manager wants me back at the dorm right now, he says it’s urgent. Are you going to be okay with only Jaekyung here?”

“Yeah, of course.” I smiled warmly and he returned back my smile and kissed my forehead. “Take care, arasseo?”

“I will.” He said and turned to Jake. “Call me first if anything bad happens.”

“Sure, but don’t expect me to because nothing bad will happen.”

“That’ll be great.” He said and headed to the door. “Goodbye.”

“Jake-ah!” I suddenly broke out all of the sudden right after the doors closed. “I NEED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING!!!” I proceeded with my original plan of telling my best friend the truth.

“I thought you said it was nothing.” She said raising an eyebrow as she sat down on the chair beside my bed. “Eh, don’t tell me you’re cheating on Karam.”

“No, I’m not!” I said…well maybe half of that was a lie because honestly, I feel like cheating on him with my confused feelings for death note guy. “But promise me you won’t tell anyone.” She didn’t answer and just gave me a doubtful look. “Come on, promise me.”

“This is not the If-I-tell-you-I’d-have-to-kill-you kind of stuff, isn’t it?” She asked sarcastically.

“No, this is more like the If-you-tell-anyone-I’d-have-to-kill-you kind of stuff.” I answered her. “Come on, promise me. I swear you won’t regret this! Come on!”

“If it’s really that important, you’d tell me even without me promising anything to you.”

“Yah! Go Jaekyung, do want to hear it or not?” I asked. Who would she tell anyway?

“Ok, ok, I promise not to tell anyone.” She raised her right hand.

“I’m Joo Chung Ae.” I confessed to her while she said nothing.

“Psss, no, you’re Gong Hanna.” She actually thinks I’m joking but to tell you Jake, this is not a joke!

“Yah! Jake, I’m not joking!” I stressed out not knowing where to start my explanation. “That time when you thought I died on that car accident, I didn’t! I just lost my memories and my father brought me to Japan. He didn’t tell me about anything of my life here in Korea and just focused on making me his righteous heiress.”

“Am I on candid cam right now?” She said still not believing me. “Your story is kind of believable but my good old bestfriend is already dead.”

“I told you, I didn’t die! Here I am in front of you. I just regained my memories back and you can’t tell anyone!” I’m giving all my might here, Jake. You better believe me and not crack up again. “What do I have to do for you to believe me? Want me to spill some of your non-sense in life?”

“Well of course you can’t do that, you don’t even know any…right?”

“Yah! Go Jaekyung we’ve been friends since the world begun how come I won’t know any?! You’ve dated 13 boys since we entered middle school ‘till the day I suddenly disappeared! Don’t say I’m wrong because I never missed a count on that! And oh yeah, 13 means L is included already. And oh, uh, yes, it could be 14 any minute now because I can sense that there is this spark between you and L.joe!”

I burst out everything I can throw at her. I panted after that short nonstop leakage of her history. She remained silent, and I greatly expected that. Her silence only means she’s thinking and I know that though she may have a hard time to believe me, she eventually will.

“I…” She started but couldn’t form a sentence after that.

I didn’t wait for anything else and pulled her to me and hugged her. I tightly hugged her putting all the I miss you-s I should have said. I could feel my back getting wet with her tears.

“Yah! Go Jaekyung stop crying you’re making this look like I’m dying.” I joked and saw her grin when she pulled away.

“Yah! Joo Chung Ae-ah, stop making everything so dramatic for me, huh? Don’t you know how hard I cried when I learned you met an accident and that your body was nowhere to be found? Don’t you know how many days, weeks, or months have I kept myself locked in room? Don’t you know I tried to commit suicide after hearing that they have confirmed your so called death even without your lifeless body? Do you know all that? Do you know all that, huh?!”

“You tried to commit suicide?” I asked surprised. I didn’t know she’ll come to that point.

“I’m pretty thankful those two idiots stopped me.” She said rolling her eyes.

I smiled and reminded her for the last time. “Don’t tell anyone ok? I still have lots of things to tell you so just don’t leak this information out to anyone, arasso?”

“Arasso~” She agreed and continued wiping her unstoppable tears. “Can I excuse myself for a second? I’m already a mess here I’ll be going to the restroom, ok? Stay out of trouble while I’m gone or else I’m dead.”

“But I guess that’s the restroom there.” I pointed at the door next to the closet.

“Yeah, I know.” She said with a giggle and excused herself.

I looked up the ceiling relieved and exhaled heavily like finally putting down a heavy burden. I smiled knowing that at least I won’t feel alone with someone knowing about my true identity. But my relief was short cut off. At the far end of my eye I saw someone on the door.

Leaning against the door, he stood tossing and catching his apple. His presence surprised me. Something’s telling me that he should not be there, that it’s not the right time for him to be there.

“Hey…” I said in a small but clear voice. He looked at me with a smirk knowing what my intention of greeting him first.

“Long time, no see, should I say?” He asked then took a bite of his apple.

“How long have you been there?” I asked him afraid that he might cause the spoilage of my plan.

“Long enough to hear everything.” He started walking towards me while I started panicking inside.

“You…” I started with my hushed tone but I didn’t know where to start.

He suddenly hugged me tightly and I started to be more surprised.

“I missed you…” L.joe said. “…So much.”

I smiled and though not as tight as his, I returned the hug with a warm smile. Then the restroom door opened revealing an awkward situation with Jaekyung who I know now developed feelings for this guy that I am hugging.


 

annyeong haseyo~~~ I know I've been a very bad author for not updating. My brain was dry these past days...weeks... months(?)

ooohhh... tell me about your thoughts about the story by dropping a comment. :D

Ooooohh... and and and... I notice I got a lot of mistakes from my other chapters, LOL, kkkk I just don't review my work coz I'm kinda lazy to do so. kkk

Thanks for reading and subscribing~~~  kkkkk

Saranghae~~~ <3

addict_ohnine