Re-encounter

Memories Stored in the Heart

 

L’s POV

 

Incheon International Airport. Ever dreamed of flying? This is the place where your dreams come true. Why am I here? Ask Sungyeol for that.

“Why me?” I asked impatiently standing there with my arms crossed and hood to cover my face to prevent some people to recognize me.

“Because you’re the only one who’s free today.” He answered putting an arm around my shoulder. “Where the heck are they?”

“Who are we waiting for anyway?” I sighed really pissed with an hour of just standing there.

“Relax, it’s no one that can cause a scandal.” He chuckled simply irritating me with the rumors about me and Krystal that spread and is quite making a noise on the media these days.

“Aish,” I complained. “I’m going to the restroom for a while.”

I didn’t wait for his response and just walked away. I searched for my earphones in my pockets then connecting it to my phone. I was going to plug it on my ears when I bumped into someone. It was an accident but because I’m a guy and she’s a girl, the intensity appeared to be strong that the camera she was holding on her hand fell down the floor.

“NO!!!” Her eyes widen seeing her camera shatter. “Aish!”

I looked at her intently while she picked up the shattered pieces down the floor. I feel the world stop when I saw those eyes, too familiar. I helped her pick up some of the parts but it was just an excuse to see her more closely—to find out who she resembles. I was picking up the memory card from the floor when I accidentally touched her hand. She realized we were both attempting to pick up the same thing but I realized who it was that she reminds me of.

“Chung Ae,” I whispered looking at her.

---------------------

 

Hanna’s POV

 

I’m already having a bad luck after being sent here to South Korea just after I had my ideal boyfriend and now, my DSLR shattered down the floor because of some stupid guy who wasn’t paying attention to where he was going. I irritatedly picked up some of its fragment when I accidentally touched another hand. I felt electrified with his slight touch and my heart skipped a beat. I ignored that feeling but I could feel him still not taking his eyes off me.

“Chung Ae,” I paused when I heard that name.

I looked back at him and his undeniable handsome face was looking back at me without a blink. I felt a cold wind pass by me and again felt electrified. Déjà vu: This is what I feel right now. I feel like I know this guy, that I have once looked into his eyes, that I once touched his hands, that I’m living in the past. I tried to search for him in my memory but before I could even find the information I want, a striking pain hit my head. I stood up and grabbed my trolley and walked in a very fast pace. I suddenly feel like I’m being suffocated.

“Chung Ae-ah~~~,” Someone was again calling inside my head.

“We’re the perfect duo!” My voice was there but there was another girl laughing with me.

“…Death Note Guy!” It was my voice but I when did I address someone that?

“Miss, are you alright?” I looked up and saw a tall lean and good looking guy asking. I just nodded. “Are you sure? You don’t look fine.”

“Yes I’m sure. Thanks for the concern.” I just said with smile.

“Ok, then.” He responded with a worried tone.

I continued to walk but something stopped me from getting away.

“Yah, L! Where were you?!”

----------------------------

L’s POV

“Yah, L! Where were you?” Sungyeol stepped in front of me but I could see her stop from walking.

“I’ll tell you later.” I said still not getting my eyes off the girl. She looked back and once again, I saw Chung Ae and not a stranger. There may be some differences from the past Chung Ae and her but there is something in her that’s telling my senses that it is her.

“Come on, they’re already at the car waiting.” Sungyeol said again turning me around another direction.

They say it is a small world we have, if it is really small, surely Korea is smaller. And surely, we’ll meet again. I know.

 

----------------------------------

 

Hanna’s POV

 

“Need a taxi?” A cab driver asked.

“Yes, please.” I said shaking everything off my head as he assisted me to his cab lining up at the parking lot.

“Where are you headed, Miss?” The cab driver asked when I was already inside his cab. “Miss?”

“Uhh,” I awkwardly said bringing my mind back to the present. “Take me here, please.” I handed a piece of paper containing the address.

“It will cost you much to go here miss by taxi. Are you sure you want to take a taxi?” He asked then suggested. “How about you take a bus?”

“No, it’s fine.” I responded. “Just drive me there I don’t care how much it will cost.”

“As you said.” He said revving up the engine.

----------------------------

The Substantial Manor: I never thought I would ever see such a day that I would live in such a place. I should have never underestimated my father’s power. I stood outside the great gate of the estate wondering if the cab driver brought me to the right place. But even before I could ask the driver, the taxi left already.

“Uh, excuse me, sir,” I hesitated to ask the ahjussi t the bush beside the wall which was covered with green vines. “Is this estate the Substantial Manor 3 owned by Mr. Gong of Gong Holdings Inc.?”

“It is indeed.” He answered before turning his sight to me. “What is it that you need?”

“I need to get in.” I said and it was too late to realize how stupid that answer was.

“Hahahaha...” His laugh was a bit scornful. “Then you have to pass through the gate.”

“Kamsahamnida,” I thanked him bowing. I should have known the answer.

I went back in front of the great iron gate and just stared at its bars which looks like bars of gold than iron with its shiny golden paint. I wonder if a.) I should push it. Coz from the looks of it, it would be impossible with my strength; b.) If I would wait for it to just open. Should I say a magic word? ; c.) If I should just climb up the wall which I should not consider since it’s a lot more impossible and stupid to do so; or d.) I should just call another taxi and find a hotel.

There, maybe I should select option D since it is more humane.

“The Gong’s Substantial Manor, what is it that you need?” Someone spoke through the speakers just outside the gate and I guess he said that in at least 13 more languages.

“Uh, I need to get in.” I shouted and wondered if they could hear me. “I said I need to get in!”

“For what reason is it that you need to get in?” A guy’s voice asked again. I waited for him to say it again in languages but he didn’t so I just spoke up.

“Uh, I live there.” I answered as I saw a camera on the wall. I faced it and gave my best puppy eyes. Finally, the gate opens via computer command!

“Annyeong haseyo, Gong Hanna-ssi.” A man in neat slacks and black coat bowed in greeting. “I’m Adolf Shin. I’m the butler here.”

“A-annyeong,” I bowed down to great him then we proceeded to the mansion which seems like a half kilometre away from the gate.

I stood outside the door and took a look around the surroundings before entering the enormous house. Outside stood a fountain and pine trees lined up the edges of the pathway about two meters distance from each other. Outside the pathway is a land covered in a healthy green grass. It is indeed a great landscape and it’s only the front yard.

“Miss?” Butler Shin asked for my attention and as soon as I looked back he opened the great door. “Welcome to your home, Miss Hanna.”

I was in awe when I saw how luxurious and enormous inside was. A great chandelier hung from the high ceiling and two great stairs led the way to the second floor of the house. Thick curtains hung on the huge windows. Ceramics, portraits and furniture are all clearly expensive.

“Let me lead you to your room Miss.” He said leading the way to the second floor of the mansion. Room after room and it made me curious as to who are the other people residing at the place.

“We’re here, Miss.” He announced stopping in front of an unusually large door than the others that we have passed by. “Have a great stay here in Korea.”

Yeah, I wish I will.

--------------------------------- 

Yey, four chappies for today! I love you all~~ Comment and subscribe!