Introductions

Memories Stored in the Heart

 

Hanna’s POV

 

Déjà vu: the feeling when you think things have already happened or you’ve already encountered. Strangely, I’ve been feeling this way ever since I returned from Japan. I feel a bit scared, but I’m gathering all the courage I have. But if you think of it, I already have a peaceful, abundant and pretty good life now so I would want to leave it like this. There are just things in the past that needs to be left behind. There are also things that need not be remembered and for some reasons I’m grateful there are things I don’t remember.

“Hanna, it’s been a long time.” Sister Ana said as she approached me. “What brought you here?”

“Oh, Sister Ana I’m glad you recognize me.” I smiled hugging her. “I just wanted a visit here and maybe I could lend in some help but I guess it’s not good time. Everyone’s busy.”

“Child, every time’s a good time for a visit and help.” She said smiling then eyed Mihee who was just beside me holding my hand. “Mihee, where were you?”

“I was wondering around when unnie came.” She answered hugging the rag doll tightly on her arms.

“You’ve gone prettier, my dear.” Sister Ana complimented. “I almost didn’t recognize you if it wasn’t because of your smile. Good thing you still keep it.”

“How will I not keep it?” It was all that I can say.

“Come, I want you to meet some people. Maybe you can lend in some help” She gave way and stood by my side as we walked together with Mihee. “So how are you, child? Have you been doing well? How long have you been in Korea?”

“Of course I’m doing well, Sister. It’s been five days since I arrived here and since they are still arranging my papers for school I still don’t have classes yet. But probably next week I’ll have my regular classes already.”

“What school are you attending then?”

“I heard it’s Korea Arts High School that I’ll be attending.”

“What year?”

“Senior year already.” I answered happy about the thought that I’ll be leaving high school sooner.

“The last time I saw you, you were still a freshman then. Time really pass by quickly, eh.” She commented while all Mihee could do is to look up and listen. “Oh, here they are.”

I looked at the boys busily interacting with some kids. And I could tell why the girls are going crazy outside. I guess they are Infinite: seven overly good looking boys. And oh, look! There’s the tall guy from the airport…and the guy who broke my DSLR from the airport—the guy from somewhere I don’t remember.

 

-----------------------------------------

L’s POV

 

“Gentleman, I’d like you to meet somebody who can help you with the kids.” It was the head nun of the orphanage who called everyone’s attention. “This is Gong Hanna. Hanna, they are Infinite.”

Everyone in the group was competing to who should introduce first but I, on the other hand just stayed on my place quietly, thinking while staring at her. The head nun left saying that she got things to do in the office so the boys got even rowdy.

Gong Hanna, did she seriously changed her name? Or maybe I was wrong from the start?

“Annyeong,” I stared blankly at her while she just awkwardly introduced herself to me. “G-Gong Hanna imnida.”

“Annyeong, oppa, Han Mihee imnida.” A small version of Chung Ae introduced herself.

I unbelievably stare at both of their hands, offering a hand shake. I didn’t mean to be impolite because right at this moment I’m still acting stupid without knowing I’m already offending them.

“Oh, that one is Kim Myungsoo but I think he prefer to be called L.” Sunggyu-hyung suddenly woke me from my stupidity and leaned in to whisper to me. “Yah, where’s your manners?”

“Nice to meet you.” It was all that I could say and walked away to another place.

“Forgive him if you ever find him rude.” I heard Sunggyu-hyung apologize to her and to Mihee. Though I heard the child forgave me, there was no positive response from Chung Ae—or rather Hanna.

She’s confusing me. She said her name is Gong Hanna but her eyes tell me that she is Chung Ae and I could see from her pissed expression that she is Chung Ae. I didn’t intend to offend her but I guess I just did right. I miss that pissed expression, that hatred she felt for me that I loved.

I started to do other things but I still keep my eyes and ears to Hanna. I could say she learned some manners. She’s very much like a girl now, she can handle to talk and interact with others, and she can fool everyone’s eyes with everything.

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Hanna’s POV

How rude! I already fought the loud drums in my heart and tummy to introduce myself to him but all I he did was say “It’s nice to meet you” which doesn’t even look like it was nice meeting me and Mihee. Then he walked away and left my handshake offer hanging. He already broke my precious DSLR and now he’s being rude!

“Forgive him if you ever find him rude.” Sunggyu-oppa, their leader, apologized on his behalf.

“It’s fine, Sunggyu-oppa. Sis. Ana always tells me to forgive anyone.” Mihee said smiling from ear to ear. Will I also be like this if I had stayed here with the nuns for long? “And besides, L-oppa is too handsome. I wanna marry someone like him someday.”

Oh Mihee you innocent little angel, you don’t wanna marry someone like him when you grow up.  I’m telling you, you’ll regret saying that in the future.

“Then what about me, Mihee-ah? Don’t you think I’m also handsome?” Sunggyu-oppa asked the clueless Mihee.

“Of course, all Infinite-oppa are handsome.” Mihee replied while they all chuckled.

“Oh well, Kids don’t lie.” I heard someone commented while I laughed with them.

After that, we started interacting with the kids. Games were held, some performance from Infinite which sent all the kids to be an instant fangirls and fanboys. Words of inspirations from the group to the kids, toys, books and clothes for the kids were given, and a donation of a million won was given. It was a fun day for everyone not just for the people in the orphanage but I also enjoyed myself. But I would’ve enjoyed more if that L dude wasn’t keeping his eyes on me most of the time.

--------------------------------------------

L’s POV

Whatever I do, I just couldn’t keep my eyes off her and before I knew it, the day in the orphanage is already ending.

“That Hanna girl,” Woohyun, my co-Infinite member stated while we were on our way back to our dorm, “I like that girl.”

Everyone in the van wooed at his sudden confession except for me. But clearly enough, it wasn’t just him who was struck with cupid’s arrow: everyone was.

“Yah, yah, hold on a moment.” Sungyeol the choding made a pause to everything. “I think my buddy here is the one who’s madly struck with Hanna’s charms. He’s incredibly not talking after the introductions with Hanna earlier.”

He was clearly talking about me and everyone in the van wooed even more that it irritated my ears.

“But hyungs, do you know the reason why she came to help the orphanage?” Sungjong, the maknae asked.

“Because we’re there?” Dongwoon answered and everyone hi-fived him. Seriously, I don’t really think she even knows us until today.

“That’s clever hyung but that’s not the answer.” He said while everyone waited for him to continue. “It’s because she once lived there. Luckily her father found her and so she lived with him since a year and a half or so ago.”

“Wow, maknae, where did you get that information?” Sunggyu-hyung asked him.

“Never underestimate the charisma of Lee Sungjong.” He said mightily and added, “And do you guys know who her father is? It’s the rich Gong Hyun Shik the CEO of Gong Holding Inc. And take note Hyungs, she’s the said heiress of that company.”

“Wow, she perfectly got the all the boxes check in my wife-to-be list!” Hoya commented.

A year and a half ago or so she came to live with her father. A year and a half ago… Chung Ae died or rather went missing.

I guess I’m a complete idiot already for deciding this but, I think I should investigate. The hell I feel so so so stupid for chasing a girl. It was always the girls chasing me but now the wheel has turned.

 

--------------------------------------------

Two chappies for today! :D Fangirling with EXO right now with my friends. XD Oh gosh, Korean guys could kill with their looks.