Orphanage

Memories Stored in the Heart

 

Hanna’s POV

 

Five days after I arrived here in Korea and I’m finally bored here in this large house so I decided to go out today. I took a bus heading to where the orphanage was located instead of taking the taxi since the bus stop is not that far from the estate. I took the seat at the end of the almost empty bus and started to stare out the window when I received an international phone call from Japan.

“Hello?” I said from smiling.

“Hey,” It was Karam. Who else would make my day complete with just a phone call? “Are you doing fine there?”

“Yeah, yes I am and what about you? Why’d you call?” I asked him with a hope he brings good news.

“I’m also doing fine here.” He answered my first question then sighed to answer the second one. “Listen, I have something to tell you.”

“What is it oppa?”

“We’ll be leaving Japan.” His answer lighted up my face and I’m sure he could feel from the other end of the line how I feel with that news. “We’ll be returning to South Korea next week.”

“Jinjja?” My expression is priceless. My cheeks almost got ripped with the wide smile I’m wearing. “I’m so happy about that!”

“Yeah, and so am I.” He said chuckling. “When we meet, I’ll introduce you to my friends there.”

“Haven’t I already met them?” I wondered who he is talking about.

“No, not everyone. They’re a different bunch.” He said. “Don’t worry, they’re not scary at all.”

I just chuckled unable to hide my happiness. “Well you return safe.”

“I surely will.” I could feel him smile from the other end of the line. “I have to go already.”

“Ok, I miss you oppa.”

“I miss you too Hanna.” He sighed. “I love you.”

“I love you too, bye.”

“Bye.” I ended the phone call playing with my phone.

We usually don’t say those kind of cheesy lines but I guess since this is the first time that we got separated for a long time after we became a couple, we can’t make excuses to say those. Truthfully, I hated it when I see other couple saying those words and displaying their affection right in front of me but now, I seem to understand them because to me, it wouldn’t matter who was listening or who is looking because someday you would regret it if you just break up without even or showing how you felt.

After twenty minutes of bus ride, I took off at the stop two blocks away from the orphanage. I headed directly to the orphanage only to find a crowd in front its gate.

“What’s happening here?” I asked as I was shocked to see a girl in high fashion struggling to get through the crowd.

“Infinite!” She answered shortly and it didn’t make sense to me.

“Infinite is here you see.” She answered back still struggling to get in the middle of the crowd while I just eyed her from head to toe.

Her outfit was outrageously gorgeous for her to just struggle in a crowd but what surprised me more is that she’s not the only one wearing their clothes in such a fashionable way. I felt out of place with only my oversized long sleeves, leggings and high cut shoes while most of them are wearing their S-line defying clothes and high heeled boots.

I just sighed and looked at the crowd again. They’re a bit chaotic while some unusual looking guards guarded the gate.

“Don’t they know there’s still another gate?” I just whispered to myself ignoring the scene they are creating.

I slowly headed to the other gate which was a bit far and unnoticeable from the main gate.

“Oh, ahjussi!” I was surprised and happy when I saw the same security guard there from one and a half year ago or so. “Annyeong haseyo~” I said bowing in greeting.

“Yah, if you’re wanted to get in I’m telling you now that you can’t!” He scolded.

“Yah, ahjussi, can’t you remember me?” I asked pointing to myself as I walked up closer.

“You wouldn’t fool me. I know you’re one of those crazy fan girls so now leave.” He said as he tried to threaten me but I stood there and didn’t go.

“Ahjussi, if you continue to push me away I’ll tell Head Sister Ana about your affair with Hyohee ahjumma!” I threatened him already impatient. “I swear if you won’t open this gate for me I’d really do that!”

“Just who are you to threat—“

“Ahjussi, couldn’t you recognize me?” I pointed to myself again with my eyes wide waiting for his answer but all he did was stare at me. “It’s me, Hanna!”

“Hanna?” He asked not believing what his eyes were seeing. “The daughter of the millionaire Gong Hyunshik?”

“Ne~~” I nodded happily when he recognized me. “I’m glad you still remember!”

“Whoa, I can’t believe I’ll be seeing you lose weight.” He said chuckling opening the gate for me. “I thought you’d just grow more over weight when you start to live with your father.”

“But I didn’t,” I walked in as fast as I could before anyone could also sneak in. “Where’s Head Sister Ana?”

“Yah, you’re not gonna tell her, aren’t you?” He nervously asked.

“Don’t worry ahjussi I won’t.” I assured him. “So is she in her office?”

“Nah, you see an idol group is here,” He paused wiping his sweat with his towel. “Infinite is here for an Outreach.”

“So where’s Sister Ana?” I asked impatiently. “And who are those Infinite?”

“Infinite are the past me.” He said looking up the sky reliving his memories. “You know I used to have that face when I was their age.”

“Oh, then I’m afraid they’d end up with a face like yours when they grow old.” I jokingly commented but honestly I’m getting impatient.

“What? I’m still good looking just not as good looking as I was before.” He said as we both chuckled.

“Now can you tell me where is Sis. Ana?” I asked but before he answered another voice did.

“She’s at the front yard with oppa.” I looked behind me and saw cute little angel named Han Mihee. “Hanna-unnie! You’re back!”

“Wow, I’m glad you recognized me Mihee.” I approached her pinching her cute cheeks. “I thought you won’t recognize me like ahjussi.”

“Actually unnie I also didn’t recognize you. I was just eavesdropping on your talk that’s why I happen to recognize you.” She said massaging her now red cheeks. “I’m sorry for eavesdropping on your talk.”

“Oh, I see. It’s fine, Mihee.” I patted her head. “What are you doing here anyway, let’s go to the front yard together.”

We started to head to the front yard hand in hand while she started to ask questions.

“Unnie, you’re very pretty.” She suddenly blurted out of the blue.

“Oh, am I?” I chuckled at her compliment. “So are you Mihee-ah.”

“Do you already have a boyfriend unnie?” I don’t know how that talk would make sense with an eight year old kid. “Do you?”

“Yes, I have a boyfriend.” I smiled at her. “Why did you ask?”

“Because I have one too.” I secretly raised an eyebrow with what this kid just said. “Remember Yoogeun, unnie?”

I chuckled. It’s cute talking about boys with kids. But shouldn’t they get involve in relationships? Oh gosh, Puppy Love really.

“But he left me already.” She pouted but suddenly lightened up, “But you know unnie, there are lots of good looking boys here today.”

“Good looking boys?” I asked her chuckling.

“Ne unnie, there~” She pointed out when we arrived at the front yard.

------------------------------------

 

L’s POV

 

The good thing on having an outreach is the fact that you can help people. The bad thing is some people think it’s just an act to get the people’s affection. But why would we do that? We’re idols not politicians.

“Hanna~” A nun behind us called someone not far away from us.

I looked at the direction to where she was heading and saw her, the same girl from the airport—Chung Ae.

“Sister Ana,” She called back with a smile.

It’s the smile that I missed. A short flashback when we were heading to the library after running away from Krystal’s suitors and the time she let out all her hatred to the world. It’s a smile I’ll never forget.

“Hey, dude, what are you looking at, huh?” Woohyun suddenly cut my train of thoughts. “A girl, eh?”

“Hyung, I thought Krystal’s your girlfriend?”Sungjong threw another question.

“I told you she’s not.” I defended bringing my eyes back to her.

“Isn’t that the same girl from the airport?” Sungyeol suddenly in. “You got such a good taste, man. But you already have Krystal so I guess I can have her.”

“Don’t ever think of that.” I chuckled getting my stare off her for a second. By the time I set my eyes on her again, she was looking back at me. I’m sure it’s me she’s looking at.

---------------------------------------------------------------

wow, I just realized how crappy this chapter is. I’m a bit lazy today but I still updated. :D Comment and subscribe everyone. ^^